Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Speaking of Fong...

5,815 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Barnacle
mjhhawk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He did an article about the early signing period yesterday (if this was already posted then please bury me)..

In it he said about the race for the top recruiting class...

It's a three-team race: Georgia is at the top of the standings, Alabama is a hair behind and Texas A&M is back at No. 11 but trending for so many of the nation's elite.
Kirby Smart is seeking his third No. 1 recruiting class during his time in Athens. Meanwhile Nick Saban and his staff are in position to finish atop the 247Sports Composite Standings for the 10th time in 12 cycles.
You've seen all the mentions Texas A&M has had in this article already, and then you have Top100 prospects like edge rusher Enai White and receiver Chris Marshall who also appear to be leans towards College Station, with running back Le'Veon Moss and offensive lineman Kam Dewberry other targets.

The other mentions we had in the article already were about Nolen (we are the leader), Evan Stewart (battling with sips), Shemar Stewart (leader trying to hold off Georgia), Perkins (in the mix), Mathews (in the mix) and Lucas (in good shape).
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
If we finish this season strong we will land arguably the best class on paper in Texas A&M history. On the defensive side of the ball it will easily be the best class in the nation. Just need to reel them in,they are already on the line.
rootube
AG
FWIW. It also looks like a lot of Oregon recruits are dropping recently. Hopefully that trend continues
SEC Champs
AG
mjhhawk said:

He did an article about the early signing period yesterday (if this was already posted then please bury me)..

In it he said about the race for the top recruiting class...

It's a three-team race: Georgia is at the top of the standings, Alabama is a hair behind and Texas A&M is back at No. 11 but trending for so many of the nation's elite.
Kirby Smart is seeking his third No. 1 recruiting class during his time in Athens. Meanwhile Nick Saban and his staff are in position to finish atop the 247Sports Composite Standings for the 10th time in 12 cycles.
You've seen all the mentions Texas A&M has had in this article already, and then you have Top100 prospects like edge rusher Enai White and receiver Chris Marshall who also appear to be leans towards College Station, with running back Le'Veon Moss and offensive lineman Kam Dewberry other targets.

The other mentions we had in the article already were about Nolen (we are the leader), Evan Stewart (battling with sips), Shemar Stewart (leader trying to hold off Georgia), Perkins (in the mix), Mathews (in the mix) and Lucas (in good shape).

Do you know what I love when I read this? Our program, from a recruiting standpoint, is trending in the same direction Georgia and Clemson started trending about 4 to 5 years ago. UGA in particular was always finishing around the top five (kind of like LSU), But when Kirby showed up, recruiting really took off.

After a program finishes with 3 to 4 consecutive top five classes, you have to start mentioning that team as a national title contender. Thank you, Jimbo, for the hard work you've put in on the recruiting trail.
rootube
AG
User name checks out!
Alpha Texan
AG
Strange timing for a team so high in the CFP to be losing recruits. Is it Texas and Florida kids figuring out how far it really is? Or is Cristobol to LSU a thing? Someone needs to start tracking flights into Baton Rouge
KatyAggie01
Katy #1 WR Nick Anderson (Rodney Anderson's) bro just decommited from Oregon and gave his verbal to OU. Family thing I guess. Wish Malick and Bobby could get him to Aggielend. He's a big target at 6'4".
rootube
AG
Everyone from Oregon wants to be closer to home recently.
Ugly
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Strange timing for a team so high in the CFP to be losing recruits. Is it Texas and Florida kids figuring out how far it really is? Or is Cristobol to LSU a thing? Someone needs to start tracking flights into Baton Rouge
There's also talk about him and Miami
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Someone needs to make the Thong Song into a Fong Song parody.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
rootube said:

Everyone from Oregon wants to be closer to home recently.

Lol. He's so committed that it's his third school he's committed to.
infinity ag
Emilio Fantastico said:

As long as you Respect his Decision.
jackie childs
Ugly said:

Alpha Texan said:

man, i think you'd be crazy to leave oregon right now. easier conference, the Nike/phil knight impact, especially with NIL being a thing...they were one of the schools i figured would most benefit from NIL.
maver1ck
AG
Remember when everyone was cliff jumping about our recruiting class a month ago

Tried to tell y'all man

Jimbo don't miss
Bill Superman
AG
So Jimbo's not going to corndog after all…
rangerdanger
AG
infinity ag said:

Emilio Fantastico said:

As long as you Respect his Decision.

Decision(s)
Agsuffering@bulaw
A lot of kids commit somewhere early to ensure a plan b should their stock drop. Then, they go shop the offer around when their stock doesn't drop.

Recruiting is a dirty game.
NyAggie
AG
jackie childs said:

Ugly said:

Alpha Texan said:

man, i think you'd be crazy to leave oregon right now. easier conference, the Nike/phil knight impact, especially with NIL being a thing...they were one of the schools i figured would most benefit from NIL.

I don't think the pac is easier than the acc

Both are equally bad

The big factor in this is that Cristobal played at Miami

Ian Neff
AG
I respect nothing
Barnacle
AG
rootube said:

FWIW. It also looks like a lot of Oregon recruits are dropping recently. Hopefully that trend continues

Any idea why that is?

Edit: nevermind. Saw the subsequent answers here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.