Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Waffle House

8,324 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TyperWoods
bigblackag12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RogerTheShrubber said:

worked at Wings-n-Things/Wings-n-More in the late '80s on Texas Ave across from the main entrance.... that building used to be a Sambos....

What they serve at sambos?
alamogeorge
AG
Because Waffle House has terrible food and is a ghetto magnet and we're not ghetto.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Anchorhold
So put it in Bryan if College Station is too high class
Jarrin' Jay
AG
CS did have a Waffle House, it closed maybe ~ '87 .

I love Waffle House, breakfast food only, would not get a burger or anything other than breakfast.

Regardless of your feelings for Waffle House, know this, we will never truly be a powerful SEC football program without a Waffle House within 10 miles of the stadium.......... and also replacing the heinous Pepsi products with Coke.

PS - pretty sure cow and OU were only admitted to the SEC after it was vetted they already have Waffle House locations.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
alamogeorge said:

Because Waffle House has terrible food and is a ghetto magnet and we're not ghetto.

It's only a ghetto magnet............. in a ghetto.

There is a Waffle House in Tuscaloosa 1/2 from the stadium. There is a location in downtown Athens, GA as well, not really ghetto.

And the food is what it is, no different, better or worse than IHOP.

tk for tu juan
Anyone that doesn't like Waffle House is trash. Go root for the Big Ten with that yankee attitude
Aggie
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Anyone that doesn't like Waffle House is trash. Go root for the Big Ten with that yankee attitude

And this is exactly why the Waffle House is popular.
You don't really like it, hell you probably have never even been to one….to you it's just the southern thing, the SEC thing to like the Waffle House.. so you adopt that feeling as well.
I doubt you have ever even been to a Waffle House.
Artimus Gordon
Ate in a Waffle House the morning after the ole miss game, on the way back to texas! Damn good Eatin' ! Glad CS is getting one!
Artimus Gordon
However I could never get used to the boiled peanuts in South Carolina!

Looked like giant dog ticks!
milner79
My Name Is Judge said:

head to Cracker Barrel
Cracker Barrel?
Propane & Accessories
AG
kingcoryatt said:

Cracker Barrel ? Where they fire Brads wife….. no thank you!!!!
How do you do my fellow memers
Tex117
AG
cevans_40 said:

My Name Is Judge said:

@ Aggie: ok that explanation makes sense, and has to be what I'm recalling incorrectly. My mistake

@ Muy: Never. Probably why I assumed they were soccer fields… lol

So to recap: I'm terrible w old Aggie landmarks, but waffle house is absolute garbage

If someone gave you a pecan waffle from Waffle House on a plain white plate, you would say it's the best damn waffle you ever had
I see you are not a man of culture or taste.
rondis23
AG
If Waffle House is garbage, what is considered a good breakfast chain? This is like calling In N Out "garbage". We only call it "garbage" because we compare it to Whataburger. So what is considered "good" in regards to breakfast joints?
jp95
AG
Every meal I have ever eaten at a Waffle House is the greatest experience of my life up till that point.
SA-AG72
AG
Austin and Norman have Waffle House along with the rest of SEC. We're not SEC ready.
Vepp
Some of you think that waffle house should be enjoyed at 6pm on a weekday. No, 3AM on a sunday morning is like free TV.
Alpha Texan
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

CS did have a Waffle House, it closed maybe ~ '87 .

I love Waffle House, breakfast food only, would not get a burger or anything other than breakfast.

Regardless of your feelings for Waffle House, know this, we will never truly be a powerful SEC football program without a Waffle House within 10 miles of the stadium.......... and also replacing the heinous Pepsi products with Coke.

PS - pretty sure cow and OU were only admitted to the SEC after it was vetted they already have Waffle House locations.
Aw cmon, a waffle house steak is the best in Houston!
Alpha Texan
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

And the food is what it is, no different, better or worse than IHOP.
But it's cheaper. And made with more love. and butter. Lots more butter.
mrfun83
AG
You have to have a WH if you want to be SEC Ready. Otherwise, go join the rest of the Big11am @ Denny's or IFLOP.
SEC Champs
AG
Do they still allow indoor smoking at WH?
TyperWoods
Waffle House is good for breakfast food.

Anyone ordering a steak there is either desperate for a steak or an idiot, and should be chopped, diced, smothered, scattered, covered, chunked, capped, and topped.

And Cracker Barrel is the $24 Chicken wrap of breakfast foods, not to mention they done Brad's wife dirty.

Fleen
Does this post?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/199911356729314/posts/4540098432710563/?comment_id=4540461549340918
tk for tu juan
Aggie said:

tk for tu juan said:

And this is exactly why the Waffle House is popular.
You don't really like it, hell you probably have never even been to one….to you it's just the southern thing, the SEC thing to like the Waffle House.. so you adopt that feeling as well.
I doubt you have ever even been to a Waffle House.

I've been to at least one Waffle House in every state between here and Florida. Stopped at three on the last road trip, so you are dead ass wrong
TopoTacos
AG
Waffle House is unpretentious and a far better deal for breakfast than Denny's/IHOP.

Is it good? Not the point.

Go get you a pecan waffle, your own preference on hashbrowns (smothered, covered, chunked and peppered for me), and some coffee and feel a little better after your night on NG.
NC2001
AG
The last time I ate at a Waffle House, I ended up taking a random road trip from Atlanta to Savannah at 3am with a good group of friends.
cajunaggie08
AG
Aggie said:

There was never a Waffle House in CS.

On university across from polo fields there was a kettle.. their sign out front did not say "Kettle"
It had individual little signs , one letter on each sign…and in black letters with yellow background it spelled out " PANCAKES"

Looked very very similar to the signage of a Waffle House

I believe this is why many confuse it as there being a Waffle House .. but it was a Kettle.
Proof

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.6264379,-96.3365565,3a,76.9y,23.3h,87.68t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1s7iUrRqpp6fHY3Ho-eHCsCA!2e0!5s20071101T000000!7i3328!8i1664
Mr. Ectomy
AG
I remember eating at The Kettle back in the day (mid-80's)!

Did they copy Waffle House or vice versa?
TEXAS
AGGIES
-----------------------------
National Champions
1917, 1919, 1927, 1939
MarylandAG
Smothered, covered, chunked, diced, peppered and capped.

I will pass on the topped and country, you know...I have to draw the line somewhere!
WhiteYaloo
Ag Tag
4 said:

Ag Tag said:

I love Waffle House.

You must also like flies and the homeless guy in the corner.

The sticky tabletops are an extra bonus...
That's me in the corner.
Anchorhold
Just got back. It was delicious.

*Didn't mean to reply directly to AgTag
cevans_40
AG
bigblackag12 said:

cevans_40 said:

My Name Is Judge said:

@ Aggie: ok that explanation makes sense, and has to be what I'm recalling incorrectly. My mistake

@ Muy: Never. Probably why I assumed they were soccer fields… lol

So to recap: I'm terrible w old Aggie landmarks, but waffle house is absolute garbage

If someone gave you a pecan waffle from Waffle House on a plain white plate, you would say it's the best damn waffle you ever had

Lies from satan! Dont ever tell me which waffle is the best.

unless you weigh more than I do
Probably got you but I have been eating lean protein and rabbit food so hopefully not for long
The Agly Duckling
kingcoryatt said:

Garbage? I guess Anthony bourdain( rip) has a ****ty palate
Yeah, I think it's rather limited . . . kinda choaked off.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I always find it funny that people describe restaurants as "garbage" or "hot garbage"- and wonder why/when they ate garbage to have a frame or reference.
GAC06
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

I always find it funny that people describe restaurants as "garbage" or "hot garbage"- and wonder why/when they ate garbage to have a frame or reference.

At Waffle House
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.