Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Spencer Rattler is a terrible teammate

18,223 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Leander - Ag
ColleyvilleAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Breaking news I know….

Check out this video from high school

texan12
What a giant dbag. I hope he grows to be more humble after his OU tenure.
AG
Why doesn't that surprise me?
My Name Is Judge
Trash human

Glad to see him going down the drain
Aggie
AG
If he played at A&M this thread would be full of " he is competitive " and " that's what I want from my QB" replies

The uniform can change an opinion like no other
Seanzy2012
AG
Aggie said:

If he played at A&M this thread would be full of " he is competitive " and " that's what I want from my QB" replies

Good point.
The Porkchop Express
Watched that game vs. KU last week; the freshman QB is on the sideline rallying the defense, imploring them for one more stop.

Rattler was alone the whole game staring, looking like the NFL QB that got benched and is now just waiting to be traded. Except he's a college kid on a full-ride scholarship.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Watch out; ALOT of pearl-clutching db's on this forum will virtue signal by jumping on this thread & insist you can't call an ******* an *******!!
Sparkie
AG
Dude is an assclown
Stat Monitor Repairman
Spencer Rattler should have been the name of a character in Friday Night Lights.
Divining Rod
from "best in America" (yeah, right....) to not best on his team. Well deserved.
jriv09
Transfer portal bound. About to start for Western Kentucky
camelmenthol
He will fit right in as a used car salesman

I bet he bought a mass produced sports car as an investment

And gave money to a start up pizza chain
Done7
I would still want him to compete for the starting QB position at A&M next year. People change and learn to be better leaders.
GigEmTx
Done7 said:

I would still want him to compete for the starting QB position at A&M next year. People change and learn to be better leaders.
Nah. Some problems go to the core, and this looks like one of them. He has arm talent, but you have to ask yourself whether we can get a talented QB who isn't a cancer in the locker room. I think we can, so no need for him. Someone will take him and turn him into a project. We don't need another project. We just need to win games.
yell_on_6th st
AG
He needs to straighten up or kick his ass to the curb.
maver1ck
AG
Aggie said:

I get your point for sure. There's some truth to it.

But I'm not sure Ags would support that kinda talk… even from an A&M QB. Kellen Mond would've been ridiculed beyond belief if he treated his WRs like that.
Artimus Gordon
Not our problem! Best to leave it that way!
MaroonStain
AG
Seanzy2012 said:

Aggie said:

Good point.

For example...?
HarleySpoon
AG
Were those two married?
Wrighty
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if the teammate who spoke up and called Spencer out, makes it far in life.
ElephantRider
AG
Remember when he was the Heisman favorite and projected top pick in the draft? Seems like so long ago
Tudster
AG
So you're telling me that a high profile, highly recruited high school quarterback, who has likely been treated as a demigod all his life acts like ******?

I'll be damned…
Txmoe
AG
Aggie said:

How the eff does a thread about a dbag QB at another school--and not even an SEC school yet--become an opportunity for Aggies to poop on each other?
ironmanag
AG
Tudster said:

So you're telling me that a high profile, highly recruited high school quarterback, who has likely been treated as a demigod all his life acts like ******?

I'll be damned…

These are a ton of QBs treated like that thier whole life and very few act that way.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Txmoe said:

Aggie said:

How the eff does a thread about a dbag QB at another school--and not even an SEC school yet--become an opportunity for Aggies to poop on each other?
Txmoe, meet The Zoo.

Zoo, meet Txmoe. He appears to be new here. Try and make him feel welcome.
Mayor West
AG
GigEmTx said:

Done7 said:

Nah. Some problems go to the core, and this looks like one of them. He has arm talent, but you have to ask yourself whether we can get a talented QB who isn't a cancer in the locker room. I think we can, so no need for him. Someone will take him and turn him into a project. We don't need another project. We just need to win games.

He'll just transfer to OU and win a Heisman…
Txmoe
AG
gotsand said:

Txmoe said:

Aggie said:

Txmoe, meet The Zoo.

Zoo, meet Txmoe. He appears to be new here. Try and make him feel welcome.
Sarcasm, meet gotsand. gotsand, meet sarcasm.
RoadkillBBQ
Done7 said:

Ags will have King, Calzada and Weigman competing for the starting job next year. Has there ever been that depth of talent competing for the starting job before?

Kyle Allen and Kyler but who at #3?

Let Rattler mature at a G5 program. There's as good a chance he ends up Martelling as changing his attitude.

Loyalty
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Watched that game vs. KU last week; the freshman QB is on the sideline rallying the defense, imploring them for one more stop.

Rattler was alone the whole game staring, looking like the NFL QB that got benched and is now just waiting to be traded. Except he's a college kid on a full-ride scholarship.
It's what he's been taught. Pride comes before the fall.

Suck it up, admit your arrogance and go find a place that will give you a second chance. My guess is his pride will rule and in 5 years he'll loading trucks at the Walmart distribution center.
Harry Dunne
helloimustbegoing said:

So you're mad at him for acting like a grown man when he's a college kid?

He's definitely got some maturing to do, but like the poster above said, the uniform can change a lot of opinions around here. If he played for us next year and threw for a bunch of touchdowns he could probably get away with being a drunken drug addicted fool wearing a Scooby uniform with sparklers in his mouth amirite?

Don't give me that we don't want him garbage. He's miles better than Calzada or King and I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Loyalty
AG
Harry Dunne said:

helloimustbegoing said:

He's definitely got some maturing to do, but like the poster above said, the uniform can change a lot of opinions around here. If he played for us next year and threw for a bunch of touchdowns he could probably get away with being a drunken drug addicted fool wearing a Scooby uniform with sparklers in his mouth amirite?

Don't give me that we don't want him garbage. He's miles better than Calzada or King and I'd take him in a heartbeat.

From what I've heard from a friend of mine with season tickets to OU games, he's toxic and his teammates cant stand the guy. We don't want him.
leardriver
AG
Could Rattler and Zach Evans go somewhere as a package deal? That could get interesting.

Cap'n Bill, '67
Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
Harry Dunne
Speak for yourself. not every kid is going to be Drew Brees. Most have some growing up to do. He's not a criminal, which we have had plenty of. He's just an immature turd, but he's got more talent than our current QBs combined and Jimbo did OK with Jameis Winston who also had a cannon but was actually a criminal.
Harry Dunne
Round Rock AG said:

Harry Dunne said:

helloimustbegoing said:

From what I've heard from a friend of mine with season tickets to OU games, he's toxic and his teammates cant stand the guy. We don't want him.
well by all means if you've heard it from a friend of yours…and what's that you say, he has season tickets?!?!

Well then it must be true.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.