Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M vs SEC East

5,244 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Cotton79
TnAg23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With Yesterday's win, Texas A&M is now 18-4 since joining the SEC against SEC East Opponents. (15-1 Since 2015)
rootube
AG
So you are saying our crossover opponent in the east is South Carolina. Got it.
angryocotillo
TnAg23
AG
rootube said:

Since 2015, we've played Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou, South Carolina, Vandy, and oh, wait, that's every team in the East.

I'm saying we've been dominant across the board in those games.
cajunaggie08
AG
Well not against Georgia. But we've only played them once and it was a close one
coupland boy
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Well not against Georgia. But we've only played them once and it was a close one

I wish we could have been able to see how it played out if the ref had seen the handful of Wydermeyer's jersey. That was a good game our guys deserved to have officiated well.
rootube
AG
TnAg23 said:

rootube said:

Since 2015, we've played Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou, South Carolina, Vandy, and oh, wait, that's every team in the East.

We have done well but you are kidding yourself if don't think drawing SC helps a ton. Without looking it up I can tell you the team who has the Vandy crossover has a winning record in these games. Those two are probably the only consistently bad teams in the SEC since we have joined. Minus a few dark years for Arky.
TnAg23
AG
Fine

8-1 since 2015 not including South Carolina.

Including Florida's best ranking since Tebow in 2020, Kentucky's best team in 30 years in 2018, Tennessee's best team since '98 in 2016, and a 6 point loss to #4 Georgia.
rootube
AG
TnAg23 said:

Fine

Including Florida's best ranking since Tebow in 2020, Kentucky's best team in 30 years in 2018, Tennessee's best team since '98 in 2016, and a 6 point loss to #4 Georgia.

I don't think math is sound. We lost our first game in the SEC to Florida and we lost to Georgia.
TnAg23
AG
"Since 2015 not including South Carolina"

2015 Season- W 25-0 over Vanderbilt
2016 Season- W 45-38 over #9 Tennessee
2017 Season- W 19-17 over Florida
2018 Season- W 20-14 over #13 Kentucky
2019 Season- L 13-19 to #4 Georgia
2020 Season- W 41-38 over #4 Florida, W 17-12 over Vanderbilt, W over 34-13 Tennessee
2021 Season- W 35-14 over Mizzou

Does it add up?
W
AG
the Ags have feasted on the weaker East division no doubt.

and beaten up South Carolina so bad in recent years...the Gamecocks almost feel like a non-conference opponent now
W
AG
and when comparing Jimbo's conference record to Sumlin's...

it's his dominance vs. the East division that has Jimbo on top
Emilio Fantastico
AG
rootube said:

TnAg23 said:

rootube said:

We have done well but you are kidding yourself if don't think drawing SC helps a ton. Without looking it up I can tell you the team who has the Vandy crossover has a winning record in these games. Those two are probably the only consistently bad teams in the SEC since we have joined. Minus a few dark years for Arky.

Oops misread. Ole Miss has Vandy as their cross-division rival. They are only 9-6 against the East since 2015. They have lost to Vandy a couple of times in that stretch. Ole Miss has been very schizophrenic in that stretch though with some wins over the powers of the East but losses to Vandy
Sq 17
East looks a lot like ACC division that has Clemson
One good team a couple of Ok teams and a handful of mediocre/bad teams
72jag
AG
Too bad our games with Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, Bama, and even Pig and lsu are on the losing end of the overall W/L column.
Traveler
AG
rootube said:

TnAg23 said:

Fine

I don't think math is sound. We lost our first game in the SEC to Florida and we lost to Georgia.
I don't think you know what "since" or "2015" mean ....
The Agly Duckling
cajunaggie08 said:

I thought he pulled on Jalen's right biceps when the ball was arriving, but you're probably right. Either way it was DPI that wasn't called, and we were driving and had the momentum late. Should've been called. Even David Pollack tweeted that he saw that.
rootube
AG
Traveler said:

rootube said:

TnAg23 said:

Fine

Oh, in that case we are 1-0 vs Bama since 2021.
Traveler
AG
rootube said:

Traveler said:

rootube said:

Oh, in that case we are 1-0 vs Bama since 2021.
I agree. Because I can read. And count.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
72jag said:

Too bad our games with Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, Bama, and even Pig and lsu are on the losing end of the overall W/L column.

What the hell are you talking about?
We are 8-3 all time vs ole Miss and 5-5 vs Auburn.
Onionman
Your stats claim that A&m would do well in the weaker East division.

But wait....the other day someone said Missouri had much more success in the SEC than A&M did because they won the weaker East conference twice about 10 years ago.

• Nevermind that the 2 years Mizzou won the East they got destroyed by the West Champ.
  • Nevermind that A&M has a much better SEC win % than Mizzou
  • Nevermind that A&M has a much better overall win % since the move than Mizzou
Aggieair
coupland boy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

I wish we could have been able to see how it played out if the ref had seen the handful of Wydermeyer's jersey. That was a good game our guys deserved to have officiated well.

It was a lot more than just that

whytho987654
With how we are against the East, the new pod system/realignment might be very very good to us ags
Jimbo4win
AG
We were told we would be terrible in the SEC, consistently at the bottom. Now 10 seasons in, we have held our own with Ole Miss, Miss St, and Auburn. We have absolutely owned Arkansas and South Carolina. We have the distinct edge over Tenn, Florida, and Kentucky. LSU dominated Sumlin but not Jimbo. After this year, Jimbo will have taken 3 of 4 against those clowns. The last hurdle is Alabama, the same hurdle faced by every program in the country…

Yes, I intentionally left out Missouri, Georgia, and Vanderbilt…Just too lazy to dissect each of these but we have more than held our own in the SEC 10 years in…
coupland boy
AG
Aggieair said:

coupland boy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Ausbon's shirt! Wydermeyer's bicep.

Forgot about the face mask on the TD.

DAMMIT!!
Onionman
Aggieair said:

coupland boy said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Nice breakdown. I remember being so mad after that game.

Bad calls happen all the time. The bad calls usually even out over the course of the game. But when we played Georgia it sure seemed like we were always on the losing end.
APHIS AG
When it was announced that we would be SC "crossover" rival, SC fans were not very happy.
Cotton79
AG
TnAg23 said:

With Yesterday's win, Texas A&M is now 18-4 since joining the SEC against SEC East Opponents. (15-1 Since 2015)
Correction: that should be 19-3.

We beat Georgia. I know that is not what the scoreboard says, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The refs just got in the way, particularly on that egregious "no call" on the PI against a very young Jalen Wydermyer late in the game. If he catches that ball, we get a 1st down. And the way the Aggie Offense was rolling, the Bulldog defense was wilting. OK, it was raining, but they were wilting. And there was a sure 2nd TD just waiting to be had. Which also meant a giant "W" at game's end. (And this was all AFTER the non-call on the 'Dog WR, Pickens, who facemasked Aggie DB Debione Renfro on his own TD catch. But I digress.)

Yeah, you saw the play, I saw the play, yet it's all history now: Georgia 19 A&M 13.

So, let me tell you what you don't know: I was there. I've had this game circled for years. Unfortunately, it was was just as Brook Benton forecast back in 1970: A Rainy Night In Georgia. The first half was tough and wet, but Kellen Mond found his groove in the 2nd half and we got the 'Dogs worried. I mean, real worried. Jimbo had a good game plan, but unfortunately it's hard to plan against two opponents: Bulldogs and Referees.

After the game was over and we were walking to our car wearing our Aggie gear, we had several Bulldog fans approach us respectfully. Almost reverently. Every single one of them had high praise for the Fightin' Texas Aggies. And more than a few of 'em acknowledged that they had help from the "Zebras" to win that game.

So, yeah... I'm saying that record against the SEC East should be 19-3. Want more verification?... there's a lot of Peach State residents who would agree with me.

Gig'em, Aggies!
Beat the HELL Outta Bye Week (and Injuries)!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.