Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This DJ Crap is Ridiculous!

11,854 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agsalaska
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Padre_Island_Ag said:

I'm about to turn 60, so I guess that makes my input part of the "old people" feedback.

Regarding the rock music during the game, I'm glad to welcome it!

Those who want our football program to remain in WW II era status: the rest of us want to forget the past and press on to the goal of a SEC championship and more.

Would you have A&M return to an all male military college?

Gig 'em!

Serious question: is it time to phase out yell leaders and introduce cheerleaders and have the dance team more involved?
SBDavis87
AG
it's another Texas Aggie.....FIRST DOWN!

except that the idiots on here would say FOURTH DOWN if there was no narration
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
Jules_Winnfield said:

aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry
Yes we are!!!!!! We don't like what you children have turned Texas A&M into!

Adapt to change or get left behind olds

You don't have an ag tag so nobody cares karen.
rsf0626
OP confirmed boomer
rsf0626
AgBandsman
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry

You ****ing idiot…..the children definitely aren't the ones in charge of Texas A&M right now are they? I would say Old Ags are running the show right now and look how that is going.

Shut up boomer

Poor guy. You'll find out some day that the "boomers" you make fun of today had a ton more experience and wisdom than you thought they did when you were an arrogant young person that "knew everything".
Charlie Moran
AG
Every stadium we play in has music pumped in at extremely high decibels trying to disrupt our offense. I welcome giving these other teams a dose of their own medicine coupled with 100,000 screaming 12th man fans to pick up when the music is cut off at snap count
V8Aggie
AG
I'm sure the olds said the same about you. Lighten up Francis.
cajunaggie08
AG
Spyderman said:

Some folk wouldn't recognize decent music if it up and slapped em.

Your neverending thread about entrance songs alternatives to Power shows you are no authority on what is considered decent music.
No Spin Ag
Teacher_Ag said:

They're the ones that matter, not old men yelling at clouds. And for the record, I'm now considered an old.
Rearview
AG
I think the DJ takes away from the energy the fans bring.. I'm less inclined to be yelling when the music stops pre snap on 3rd down... We have a band for a reason. I don't like it and I'm not even THAT old.. we aren't everyone else.
dirkjones
AG
I think the DJ has been doing a good job this year. Much better then the old days when the band would play their 4 songs they knew over and over. And yes, I wouldn't mind seeing some cheerleaders on the sideline too. I think the new configuration to the stadium has limited the yell boys input.
Spyderman
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Spyderman said:

Some folk wouldn't recognize decent music if it up and slapped em.

Your neverending thread about entrance songs alternatives to Power shows you are no authority on what is considered decent music.

Power is weak, cartoonish garbage. Profane and racist to boot. I'm no authority.

Who is/was though? The word is making the rounds. Progress
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
AggieVictor10
AG
aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry

Easy there old timer, it's not that serious.
Ag Tag
TAMUallen said:

It's not a pimp stick. Pick your battles
The Pimp Stick was cool.
TyperWoods
No Spin Ag said:

Teacher_Ag said:

They're the ones that matter, not old men yelling at clouds. And for the record, I'm now considered an old.

It's important that they yell and are interested in the game.
EvenPar
AG
my wife shazams the songs every game. I think more people than you realize actually like it.
72jag
AG
Punk ass new army gonna get old. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
aggiejim70
AG
These ongoing discussions amuse me. No matter when you were at A&M there were any number of people a generation or two removed, trying to convince you the whole place had gone to hell years ago. Educated guess is you can go back in the archives of the Batt or The Eagle and somebody pitched a fit about paved streets, electric lights or indoor plumbing.

The oldest Aggie I ever got to know was Col. Stewart Hervey '17. That's THE class of '17, the ones that went to Camp Stanley. He was there when the uniforms changed from the "West Point" style to the precursors of the ones we know today. He loved to tell the story that the sentiment on campus was before a real Texas Aggie would take off the Grey and put on those stupid boots, the ought to burn the place down and give it back to the Indians.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Martin Cash
AG
Padre_Island_Ag said:

I'm about to turn 60, so I guess that makes my input part of the "old people" feedback.

Regarding the rock music during the game, I'm glad to welcome it!

Those who want our football program to remain in WW II era status: the rest of us want to forget the past and press on to the goal of a SEC championship and more.

Would you have A&M return to an all male military college?

Gig 'em!

What rock music? I heard one Boston song and one Alabama song. That was the only music the DJ played all night long. The rest of that crap is just noise. Bad noise.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
TexasAggiesWin
S
jp95 said:

I don't know who in their ever loving mind thought that this should be part of the game experience. I got so sick of him interrupting the band and nearly jumping out of my seat every time that idiot started blasting hip hop garbage through the stadium. Geez I felt like I was back in Jerryworld playing Arkansas. Rant over.
Muy
AG
Jules_Winnfield said:

aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry

Adapt to change or get left behind olds

I'm 54, can I be in the club since I listen to Drake at the gym sometimes?
AggieVictor10
AG
hip-hop
DallasAg03
AG
aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry

I'm gonna need an Ag Tag before being lectured to.
bigblackag12
AG
aggiejim70 said:

These ongoing discussions amuse me. No matter when you were at A&M there were any number of people a generation or two removed, trying to convince you the whole place had gone to hell years ago. Educated guess is you can go back in the archives of the Batt or The Eagle and somebody pitched a fit about paved streets, electric lights or indoor plumbing.

The oldest Aggie I ever got to know was Col. Stewart Hervey '17. That's THE class of '17, the ones that went to Camp Stanley. He was there when the uniforms changed from the "West Point" style to the precursors of the ones we know today. He loved to tell the story that the sentiment on campus was before a real Texas Aggie would take off the Grey and put on those stupid boots, the ought to burn the place down and give it back to the Indians.

Please more stories with the Colonel
Alpha Texan
AG
The DJ has been "bussing" this year.

I always sit midfield, first few rows of 2nd deck in the student section. We can't even hear the band, even if the DJ isn't spinning
DallasAg03
AG
AgBandsman said:

MarathonAg12 said:

aeon-ag said:

AggieVictor10 said:

olds getting angry

You ****ing idiot…..the children definitely aren't the ones in charge of Texas A&M right now are they? I would say Old Ags are running the show right now and look how that is going.

Shut up boomer

Poor guy. You'll find out some day that the "boomers" you make fun of today had a ton more experience and wisdom than you thought they did when you were an arrogant young person that "knew everything".

Boomer lecturing adults. achievement unlocked
bigblackag12
AG
Alpha Texan said:

The DJ has been "bussing" this year.

I always sit midfield, first few rows of 2nd deck in the student section. We can't even hear the band, even if the DJ isn't spinning

Nice humble brag on the seats youngin
ABATTBQ87
AG
aggiejim70 said:

how many old army Aggies were upset about payphones being installed in the Corps area??

taylorswift13
AG
Dj Mike doesn't even play any of my billboard hits, yet I love the atmosphere he brings to games! Rather hear snippets of Drake, Lil Baby, Future, as well as throwbacks like Alabama and Bon Jovi them stupid tuba and flute sounds! The 30,000 students putting the 12th man on the map would agree as well!
bigblackag12
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Dj Mike doesn't even play any of my billboard hits, yet I love the atmosphere he brings to games! Rather hear snippets of Drake, Lil Baby, Future, as well as throwbacks like Alabama and Bon Jovi them stupid tuba and flute sounds! The 30,000 students putting the 12th man on the map would agree as well!

I vibe with your sentiments but the 12th man has been mapped long ago
Agijud
AG
taylorswift13 said:

The students having the time of their life and putting the 12th man on the national map out number you old man

So you think that the current 30k students at the game put the 12th Man on the national map and that you outnumber the olds??? Let's try a little math and figure the number of students at a game (~30,000) and the total attendance (~104,000). So who outnumbers whom youngin? Even more important, who contributes more $$$? Olds win!
Agijud
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Tell us more about your cargo shorts

Tell us more about your gay bois wearing jorts and boots!!!
TyperWoods
Fellas, let's compromise.

DJ stays, but all he plays are FTAB records
bigblackag12
AG
Agijud said:

taylorswift13 said:

The students having the time of their life and putting the 12th man on the national map out number you old man

So you think that the current 30k students at the game put the 12th Man on the national map and that you outnumber the olds??? Let's try a little math and figure the number of students at a game (~30,000) and the total attendance (~104,000). So who outnumbers whom youngin? Even more important, who contributes more $$$? Olds win!

odoylerules.gif
aggiejim70
AG
Re-read the article, it wasn't pay phones but a phone in your room. Up to that time there was one pay phone in the drum room in the BQ dorm, 11. And that reminds me, my roomie from my senior year still owes me for his half of the phone bill.

Anybody remember how hard it was to make a long distance call from Brazos county on a Sunday night?
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.