Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This DJ Crap is Ridiculous!

11,759 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agsalaska
Anchorhold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't care about the dj. One of you olds tell us more about the College Station United Chest in that picture of the batt. What was that all about?
psycwazowski
AG
Until all of Old army on the west side of Kyle stands and yells the whole game then I don't want to hear this crap. If the DJ gets the students rocking then so be it. You may think it's stupid, and sometimes I do too, but good grief. Sometimes I feel like old army yells more on texags forums than they do at games.
Fannie Luddite
AG
A pair of bolt cutters should be taken to the DJ equipment and thrown off the 3rd deck of Kyle.

As for the DJ.....
aggiejim70
AG
According to the article it was a fund raiser for various charities.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
WestTexasAg
AG
I thought the DJ was really good in the Bama game. Both of my kids (16 and 9) were in to it the entire game. The energy in the stadium was amazing.
Tree Hugger
AG
I went to a night game at Autzen the week before last, the band wasn't there (some COVID protocol thing) but they played music constantly (often recorded music from the band) and had some videos with music during longer commercial breaks, it's was like a dance party at times, but the crowd was in it the whole time. I thought it was fun and I'm pushing 50. It wasn't even a sellout crowd in a 54K seat stadium, but the noise level was decent when it needed to be. My son stayed home and said he went outside at one point and could hear the crowd, and our house is about 0.5 mile north of the stadium with a highway in between us and it.

I like the FTAB, but there is a place for the piped in music and I think it helps. Any option is better than hearing Rocky Top, Texas Fight, or Boomer Sooner over and over again for 4 hours..
oldschoolcat
AG
Took the family to the game Saturday. The DJ music was a hit.

The players liked it. New Army likes it. Gen X guy likes it. Old ladies in Section 405 were dancing.

I vote to keep

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

Would you have A&M return to an all male military college?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Am I the only one who has never noticed the DJ at a game? Where is he? Or are we just broadly talking about playing music not provided by the band?
tk for tu juan
It would be nice if he threw in some Rob Base "It Takes Two" for us older folks, or some Atomic Dog
AG81
AG
I'm entertained by this thread. I've had the privilege to spending time with Aggies from the Class of '27 (yes, 1927) to the Class of '25 (2025, just in case). Two things I've noticed. First, every generation thinks A&M is going to hell in a handbasket because of the generation that follows it. Second, since 1958 when Earl Rudder became President, there are only two constants at Texas A&M. The Core Values of the institution, and change. So, unless you are Class of '58 or before, you SHOULD recognize that from your time here to present, there has been nothing but change. And as for values, were it possible for me to put together the guys I knew from Class of '27 with today's freshmen for a discussion about A&M's values, there would be zero disagreement.

Yep, threads like this always make me laugh!
mrfun83
AG
The overwhelming desire not to be countercultural, buttressed by social media, and the slow dissipation of regional & state differences will soon be complete. Thus, the commodification of the large US university experience.
UCLA = Oklahoma = tu = Alabama = Clemson = A&M. For good or ill.
bigblackag12
AG
oldschoolcat said:

Took the family to the game Saturday. The DJ music was a hit.

The players liked it. New Army likes it. Gen X guy likes it. Old ladies in Section 405 were dancing.

I vote to keep

Thats a smooth handle, daddio
cajunaggie08
AG
All because students like to hear modern music rather than Patton during one of the 127 tv timeouts? Next thing you know there will be a walmart in every town
bigblackag12
AG
mrfun83 said:

The overwhelming desire not to be countercultural, buttressed by social media, and the slow dissipation of regional & state differences will soon be complete. Thus, the commodification of the large US university experience.
UCLA = Oklahoma = tu = Alabama = Clemson = A&M. For good or ill.

Exactly what Ive been saying. Everything was fine once
the University of Karueein was founded. The 1000+ year slow decline and eroding of scholastic integrity and ignorance of tradition and culture began once the University of Bologna came around, and academia has been spiraling towards standardized experiences with absolutely no differences since then.

And im pissed off about it
Rlw16
Geez this was a low effort troll. Too easy
Loftin
AG
I'm not a particularly big fan of hip hop, but knowing that it irritates the crap out of a chunk of the older crowd will give me a nice chuckle every time I hear it at Kyle from now on.
West Point Aggie
AG
The SC game was my first since 2019 in section 244 (amazing seats) but at one point the PA dude was introducing the corps while the speakers blasted music (players warm ups) and the bands (SC pep band) played.

It was an obnoxiously annoying cacophony and in the end you could not enjoy ANY of them. You'd think they would coordinate better!
PremiumSnob
You want to compete in the SEC - you need ballers and ballers want a Stadium that is Electric - they could care less about the Band during the game. I have been in many SEC stadiums before we joined the conference and knew this change had to be made to keep up with the times and conference.
juanyfutbol
BOBHICA
AG
I'm 56
The music is fine and it enhances the atmosphere
The horse laugh is f'ing stupid
Girl cheerleaders should be on the field
aggiedaddie
taylorswift13 said:

The students having the time of their life and putting the 12th man on the national map out number you old man
12th man has been on the map for a long time. Besides, if it there isn't a "Put the 12th Man on the Map" App, students ain't doing it.
ordRV80
AG
Cheerleaders are dumb and worthless no matter your age.

Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
aglaes
AG
A couple of years ago I didn't like it. Just didn't feel right to me.

I don't really know if they've changed, adjusted or whatever, but the last game I attended - unfortunatly the loss to Miss St - it didn't really bother me or annoy me. Seemed like they've done a better job of integrating it all - the yells, the band, etc..

It's kind of a loss not to do the Gig'em Ags yell on kickoffs anymore. I mean I kind of hear it, but the music drowns it out and I think most students just don't do it anymore.

Still don't like the "It's a fightin' Texas Aggie1st dooooooown!!" BS
Martin Cash
AG
Loftin said:

I'm not a particularly big fan of hip hop, but knowing that it irritates the crap out of a chunk of the older crowd will give me a nice chuckle every time I hear it at Kyle from now on.
Well, son; since you don't have any respect for your elders, it's time somebody taught you some respect for your betters!
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
West Point Aggie
AG
PremiumSnob said:

You want to compete in the SEC - you need ballers and ballers want a Stadium that is Electric - they could care less about the Band during the game. I have been in many SEC stadiums before we joined the conference and knew this change had to be made to keep up with the times and conference.

For a self described snob, you seem pretty clueless. You can still play the music the players may want to make as you call it "electric" and you can still have a time and place for all the other things that A&M WILL do during a game. Believe it or not, they can all take place in the same atmosphere, just not all at once. Don't be a dunceā€¦
agsalaska
AG
I hate the DJ.

In the end the DJ will completely kill the environment just like they have at so many other stadiums.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.