Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach O - LSU Agreement

3,008 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TnAg23
TnAg23
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As part of LSU and coach O's agreement, He will make at least one public appearance a year for the next four years on behalf of LSU. Also, he can't accept an SEC head coach position for at least the next 18 months.

His buyout is just under 17 Million dollars. His buyout includes 5.68 Million at the end of this year, then payments every January, June, July, and December ranging from 500k - 1 Mil until December 2025.

Sounds like this could be a retirement from coaching that turns into an athletic department job at LSU.

When Jimbo is done in about 20 years, this is exactly how I'd hope it goes.
PatriotAg02
AG
Yeah apparently there's some bad stuff going on there that he had a hand in........so not believing he'll do all of that unless it's to save the university face and maybe lessening the hammer on him. But yeah it's bad.
S.A. Aggie
AG
But isn't LSU still under investigation? Why would Jimbo want to go to a school with uncertainty in recruiting for the next few years?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/ncaa-extends-investigation-into-lsu-athletics/
TnAg23
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

But isn't LSU still under investigation? Why would Jimbo want to go to a school with uncertainty in recruiting for the next few years?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/ncaa-extends-investigation-into-lsu-athletics/
1. The origin of most of this stuff was basketball. As a matter of fact, LSU requested the investigation of football and basketball be split into two separate investigations. Will Wade was already fired with cause. Since they are investigating, I'm sure they'll find some stuff, as they would if they investigated any program, but it seems to be much worse on the basketball side.

I don't think some horrible punishment is coming for LSU football. In Basketball, that looks like a real possibility.

2. Jimbo's not going anywhere.

Edit: Will Wade wasn't fired. I was wrong about that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Tulane is the one in trouble
TexAg15
AG
If the "bad stuff" included football, they wouldn't have to buy him out, right?
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Will Wade has NOT been fired from LSU, he should have been long ago, but LSU has no dignity or integrity, so he won't be fired until it is absolutely 100% necessary...
Alpha Texan
AG
All basketball was doing was taking money from the local children's hospital charity fund to pay basketball players.

And all the football team was doing was running around sexually assaulting women, right?

It's sickening on its own and it's more sickening that it has gone unpunished, but it's just the norm at LSU. Jimbo and FSU were kind of CFB villains, but his displays and the reputation of A&M have made him very well respected. I don't think he wants to lose that.
TnAg23
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Will Wade has NOT been fired from LSU, he should have been long ago, but LSU has no dignity or integrity, so he won't be fired until it is absolutely 100% necessary...
My bad, I was wrong about that.

I don't know why I remember him getting fired. Must have been someone else. You are right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.