Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Joel Klatt is a dewsh canoe

9,296 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bob Loblaws Law Blog
SpeedyAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just heard him on the Ticket in Dallas. That guy really hates A&M. All Alabama's failure, BoB is terrible, blah, blah, blah. He talked the same crap on The Herd. No credit to the Good Guys for playing their ass off and beating #1! Every time I hear his voice the station gets changed. Makes perfect sense he went to CU.

Asshat.
Ian Neff
AG
I will take care of it.
rootube
AG
SpeedyAg93 said:

Just heard him on the Ticket in Dallas. That guy really hates A&M. All Alabama's failure, BoB is terrible, blah, blah, blah. He talked the same crap on The Herd. No credit to the Good Guys for playing their ass off and beating #1! Every time I hear his voice the station gets changed. Makes perfect sense he went to CU.

Asshat.

It's not just Klatt. The national media stopped caring about is a long time ago. The entire discussion is about if Bama can get back on track since they still have a path to the playoffs.
bigblackag12
AG
Ian Neff said:

I will take care of it.

I dont know enough to disagree that you will.
Ian Neff
AG
I'm so glad you're back, bro.
The Agly Duckling
You guys can be scawey sometimes.
MindofCarlos
rootube said:

SpeedyAg93 said:

Asshat.

It's not just Klatt. The national media stopped caring about is a long time ago. The entire discussion is about if Bama can get back on track since they still have a path to the playoffs.

We've seen this before with Alabama. Nothing wrong with tempered expectations on our end. Coincidentally we've been here before beating Alabama multiple times. I hate our fanbase is making the game to be our national championship when we could use it as a building block to next seasons and moving forward. Alabama is still the odds on favorite to win the championship something is and the rest of the country will still be chasing.
Earl_Rudder
AG
Klatt always talks smack about us. Nothing new there.
TexAg15
AG
Oh look, he got the thread he wanted.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
National media is more interested in Alabama football than A&M? Shocking, shocking I tell you.

Wait till you guys find out which girls get nominated to the homecoming court.
NyAggie
AG
MindofCarlos said:

rootube said:

SpeedyAg93 said:

Asshat.

We've seen this before with Alabama. Nothing wrong with tempered expectations on our end. Coincidentally we've been here before beating Alabama multiple times. I hate our fanbase is making the game to be our national championship when we could use it as a building block to next seasons and moving forward. Alabama is still the odds on favorite to win the championship something is and the rest of the country will still be chasing.

The fanbase can do what it wants with the win but I guarantee you the team is using it as a building block

Guarantee that out of 130 or so FBS fanbases, all but about a handful would be celebrating like they just won the national championship had they beaten bama

Make no mistake about it, this win is a huge deal for this program and will catapult it to unprecedented heights
bam02
AG
SpeedyAg93 said:

Asshat.

But apparently not until after you've heard what he has to say…
gigemags-99
AG
Ian Neff said:

I will take care of it.

Ian Neff
AG
LOL for real
hindsight
OP recap was a bit harsh.... for those that didn't hear it, a bit more balanced observation:

• Bob & Corby were starting with OU/Texas recap and Joel steered them to our game
  • Corby: "Texas [state] was the center of the college football world on Saturday."
  • JK: "Well, College Station was center of college football - just ask A&M fans, they'll tell you they are"
  • Laughter among all (3)
  • Bob: "Yeah, I've really never seen that out of a fanbase before" - i.e. Aggies really think far too much of themselves

So, yeah, right out of the gate shots are being taken. I was a little surprised & thought it was unwarranted. And for the record - I've never met an Aggie or Aggie football fan that thinks we're at the top. Most of it is self-loathing for all the missed opportunities and misspent resources....

Anyway - JK negatives for A&M:

• #1 reason Bama lost was due to the fact that Sark is HC in Austin; had he been calling plays would've been different outcome
  • Bama defense is not what it was
  • Bama execution was poor

JK positives for A&M:
  • Played very well when no one gave them a chance; especially Calzada
  • A couple of 3rd & 3's early for Bama when they passed - thinks Tide coaching staff realized (during game prep) they wouldn't be able to run on short-yardage vs. Ags F7
  • Ranked A&M 6th at start of the year - rather than this being a fluke - thinks is more like the team everyone thought we would have

Overall, I thought he was fair. The early dig was unnecessary but... whatever.
Leander - Ag
AG
He is a chode troll. Don't feed him
Caesar4
AG
IIRC, he played QB at CU. Probably he's angry that the Ags bested the Buffs this season.

Honestly, I cannot recall the A&M/CU outcomes from when he was at CU. But, judging from his angst & butthurt, probably he and his team were on the losing end of those games.
STX Ag
AG
More like Joel Cl!t amirite?
MindofCarlos
NyAggie said:

MindofCarlos said:

rootube said:

SpeedyAg93 said:

Asshat.

The fanbase can do what it wants with the win but I guarantee you the team is using it as a building block

Guarantee that out of 130 or so FBS fanbases, all but about a handful would be celebrating like they just won the national championship had they beaten bama

Make no mistake about it, this win is a huge deal for this program and will catapult it to unprecedented heights

Agreed on what any fanbase can do but taking baseless guarantees from said fans is completely irrational. I've seen this multiple times before a singular win over Alabama in any given season guarantees nothing moving forward.
Ian Neff
AG
Idiots,

Most "fanbases" of unranked teams coming off two losses in a row will never know what it's like to beat the number one team in the nation.

With kindness,
Ian
Macarthur
I think you misrepresented what Bob was saying. He was trying to make the point that all college fanbases have inflated ideas of their team and school. Bob is very much pro-Aggie. He's not going to get into a fight with Klatt. He's a long time guest.
AgDad121619
AG
MindofCarlos said:

rootube said:

SpeedyAg93 said:

Asshat.

really dumb take - if you can't get excited and celebrate a huge victory, what's the point of fanatically following your team. And a fans , how we respond to a victory has zero to do with how Jimbo and the team use it.
wangus12
AG
I mean its Dallas radio. Those dudes jerkoff the sips and ou more than anything else and A&M is simply the butt of jokes 95% of the time.
Jimbo4win
AG
Win like Bama wins, which I believe we will, and they will put on knee pads for A&M..they'll have no choice..
80sGeorge
AG
Bob was actually defending us when he replied he'd never seen any other fan base over rate their importance.

When Corby asked if it was Bama bad or A&M good Klatt actually said he leans towards A&M good it just took a while to get there.

He said some fair and even-handed things he just has a special talent coming off as a jerk while doing it.
SpeedyAg93
AG
Caesar4 said:

IIRC, he played QB at CU. Probably he's angry that the Ags bested the Buffs this season.

Honestly, I cannot recall the A&M/CU outcomes from when he was at CU. But, judging from his angst & butthurt, probably he and his team were on the losing end of those games.
He routed us in 2005 at CU. 41-20. I remember. Still a classless winner. Really has a bug up his ass about A&M for some reason.
Agsuffering@bulaw
We beat them in OT in 2004. He's still mad. He never misses a chance to throw shade at us. He was the first guest on the Doug Gottleib show the Monday after Arkansas. Dumped all over us. Called us the guy at the pickup game with the new jordans who can't play but talks noise.

Jimbo had an awesome game plan. Saban didn't adjust. We kicked their rear on third down and in the red zone. He just didn't want to recognize it.
PneumAg
Ian Neff said:

It's like the zoo is slowly coming back to life. Maybe?
SilverTongueDevil
JK was on the broadcast team for the TAMU/UCLA game in 2017. That game forever be in his jack bank.
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Vince Lombardi
DecadePlan
AG
Ian Neff said:

I will take care of it.

Yes! The Klatt Koncern is hereby solved.

Who next?
Its Texas Aggies, dammit
AG
Corby referred to us as **** when he introduced the segment. That tells you all you need to know. I don't know whether I'd choose to punch him or Gordon Keith if given a choice.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Klatt suffers from CTE. Who cares what he says. It's all babbling from a brain damaged individual.
SoCalAg97
AG
hindsight said:

OP recap was a bit harsh.... for those that didn't hear it, a bit more balanced observation:

• Bob & Corby were starting with OU/Texas recap and Joel steered them to our game
  • Corby: "Texas [state] was the center of the college football world on Saturday."
  • JK: "Well, College Station was center of college football - just ask A&M fans, they'll tell you they are"
  • Laughter among all (3)
  • Bob: "Yeah, I've really never seen that out of a fanbase before" - i.e. Aggies really think far too much of themselves

So, yeah, right out of the gate shots are being taken. I was a little surprised & thought it was unwarranted. And for the record - I've never met an Aggie or Aggie football fan that thinks we're at the top. Most of it is self-loathing for all the missed opportunities and misspent resources....

Anyway - JK negatives for A&M:

• #1 reason Bama lost was due to the fact that Sark is HC in Austin; had he been calling plays would've been different outcome
  • Bama defense is not what it was
  • Bama execution was poor

JK positives for A&M:
  • Played very well when no one gave them a chance; especially Calzada
  • A couple of 3rd & 3's early for Bama when they passed - thinks Tide coaching staff realized (during game prep) they wouldn't be able to run on short-yardage vs. Ags F7
  • Ranked A&M 6th at start of the year - rather than this being a fluke - thinks is more like the team everyone thought we would have

Overall, I thought he was fair. The early dig was unnecessary but... whatever.

Bob was defending us when he VERY sarcastically said he'd never seen that from a fan base before. He was basically telling Klatt to lay off his bashing. Bob is a huge supporter of the A&M program.
OrygunAg
AG
PneumAg said:

Ian Neff said:

It's like the zoo is slowly coming back to life. Maybe?

Its like they are forming voltron
Raptor
AG
We want to be relevant.

Klatt wants to stay relevant.

And here we are....talking about Klatt, talking about us.

Hmmm....
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.