Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

I'm still on the Jimbo-mobile!

5,651 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by infinity ag
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I was pissed off we lost to Ark and QB position has been below expectation, but overall, the trend is up and we are making progress. A dip should have been expected after our QB and OL graduated.

This is a long race, not a sprint. Jimbo is still the right guy!
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
I agree can't believe anyone would question that.

The trajectory of our program has gone up significantly and that started with jimbo.
cords12
TBH, Ive always been a huge Jimbo fan. Spiller not touching the ball again after the long touchdown made me seriously question Jimbo for the first time! WTF is anybody thinking there?!
Alpha Texan
AG
For anyone who isn't on the Jimbo-mobile, I recommend finding another team for the next 7 years.

I'm all in on Jimbo.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Last year we won the Orange Bowl and finished #4 in the country.

Jimbo has played LSU 3x and has 2 wins.

In looking at the SEC record, especially at home, big improvement.

Looking at the losses, very few, maybe one, are to unranked teams. 2019, no team in the history of CFB has played a schedule like that.

This is looking to be a difficult season with QB1 out due to injury and QB2 is just not good enough, he has all the physical tools and likely looks good in practice but that is not gameday action, I foresee a 7-5 struggle.

We have another very good to great QB committed which will impact the position and depth there. Overall recruiting has been very strong. Development takes more time.

No matter what happens this season, everyone should be 100% in and supporting Jimbo. Over the last 10 years there are only a few coaches with as many Ws as Jimbo.

Personally I believe we would be 4-0 with King and looking at a 9-3 type season. Always thought the O would take a big step back this season due to new OL and QB, but then be very strong next season and the D in 2022 should still be very good.

We are not Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson (of the last 10 years), we will have rebuilding years like it or not, this is a rebuilding year, it was always going to be, but the ceiling of this rebuilding year was high until King went down.

I believe in and support Jimbo, one loss to the Pigs doesn't change that. Any neutral CFB fan would not question Jimbo and A&M based on this season with an injured QB1 and a green OL, they would see it for what it is.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
cords12 said:

TBH, Ive always been a huge Jimbo fan. Spiller not touching the ball again after the long touchdown made me seriously question Jimbo for the first time! WTF is anybody thinking there?!
That has already been addressed 1000x. And he DID touch the ball after that anyway.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I just think back to Clemson in Dabo's first 7 years. He choked so much in big games that "Clemsoning" was a term used by sports journalists.
yell_on_6th st
AG
To infinity and beyond!!!
infinity ag
yell_on_6th st said:

To infinity and beyond!!!
maver1ck
AG
We are in a rebuilding year with a banged up offensive line and without our starting QB.

Anyone that already stepped off the Jimbo-mobile can stay off. Works for me.
Ag Tag
infinity ag said:

Yes, I was pissed off we lost to Ark and QB position has been below expectation, but overall, the trend is up and we are making progress. A dip should have been expected after our QB and OL graduated.

This is a long race, not a sprint. Jimbo is still the right guy!
It's like stock market, taking two steps forward and one step backward. Keep doing that to build a solid foundation.
MarathonAg12
Looking forward to your Bama game hype post
Decay
AG
I'm just here for silly phrases I've never heard before; have to say I appreciate "Jimbomobile". Let's invent more.

Fisher Dragster
Jimbo Jet
Aggie Coach's Coach
Goin' Places with Maroon Shoelaces
E. King Gillopy
TexAggie1999
How about we just be realistic rather than extremist. Jimbo doesn't suck but also has not done anything special recently. He is a very good recruiter. It is questionable whether he is a very good coach.

Jimbomobile? Seriously?
Al Bula
AG
If we are on Jimbo Mobile right now, why are our receptions so terrible?
DGAG92
AG
You must really like those paychecks Mrs. Fisher.
OaklandDoubleAg
AG
LSU's 2002 season under Nick Saban:

" The 2002 season opened with high expectations, but a 26-8 loss at the hands of Virginia Tech raised serious questions about their outlook. However, the Tigers would rebound to win their next six straight, but after a mid-season injury to quarterback Matt Mauck, LSU lost four of its last six games to close the season, including a 21-20 loss at Arkansas, which knocked the Tigers out of the SEC Championship Game, and forced them to share the SEC West Division title with the Razorbacks. LSU also suffered a 35-20 loss to Texas in the Cotton Bowl Classic, and finished 8-5."

..could you even imagine the TexAgs meltdown after that?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Before the season, I knew we weren't going to beat Alabama and win the SEC West. I had believed the floor was 9-3 and ceiling was 11-1 and predicted a 10-2 season with losses to Alabama and LSU. I was disappointed but not surprised that we lost to Arkansas 20-10. I have adjusted my expectations. Now, I believe our floor is 7-5 (3-5 in SEC games) and ceiling is 9-3 (5-3 in SEC games).

I predict we will finish 8-4 (4-4 in SEC games). I can see 3 more losses to Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU. I just hope we win home SEC games against Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Auburn and one road SEC game at Missouri. Beating Auburn at Kyle Field would be awesome after losing home games to Auburn in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019. Regardless of what our final record is for this season, I will always have faith in Jimbo Fisher. In four ways, Jimbo Fisher has already had more success than Kevin Sumlin.

1. After Kevin Sumlin went 6-2 in SEC games in his first season, he never posted another winning SEC record, not even with Johnny Manziel in 2013. Jimbo Fisher has already posted two winning SEC records: 5-3 in 2018 and 8-1 last year.

2. Sumlin went just 8-14 in home SEC games. Even worse, he went 3-12 in home games against SEC West teams, including a 7-game losing streak at the end of his tenure. By contrast, Jimbo is 9-2 in home SEC games, including 5-2 against SEC West teams. In Jimbo's first year, we finally defeated an SEC West opponent at Kyle Field for the first time in over three years with a 38-24 defeat of Ole Miss on November 10, 2018. The previous home win against an SEC West was a 30-17 defeat of Mississippi State on October 3, 2015, 1134 days prior.

3. Sumlin never beat LSU, but Jimbo is 2-0 in home games against LSU.

4. Since NY6 bowls started in 2014, Sumlin has not led us to a NY6 bowl. Jimbo already has an Orange Bowl win.

DGAG92
AG
OaklandDoubleAg said:

LSU's 2002 season under Nick Saban:

" The 2002 season opened with high expectations, but a 26-8 loss at the hands of Virginia Tech raised serious questions about their outlook. However, the Tigers would rebound to win their next six straight, but after a mid-season injury to quarterback Matt Mauck, LSU lost four of its last six games to close the season, including a 21-20 loss at Arkansas, which knocked the Tigers out of the SEC Championship Game, and forced them to share the SEC West Division title with the Razorbacks. LSU also suffered a 35-20 loss to Texas in the Cotton Bowl Classic, and finished 8-5."

..could you even imagine the TexAgs meltdown after that?

with 4 freaking losses? WTF
Nino Brown
Due to the type of person he is and his commitment to always put the players first I wouldn't trade Jimbo for one HC in CFB. Yes even Darth Saban. I'm just as frustrated as anyone but Jimbo is the right man for Texas A&M now and for as long as he wants to.
OKC~Ag
Nino Brown said:

Due to the type of person he is and his commitment to always put the players first I wouldn't trade Jimbo for one HC in CFB. Yes even Darth Saban. I'm just as frustrated as anyone but Jimbo is the right man for Texas A&M now and for as long as he wants to.
Are you seriously delusional?

I would trade jimbo a$$ for saban any time, anywhere, multiple times on Sunday if magically possible.

ok, maybe I'm getting trolled?
Goose83
AG
OKC~Ag said:

Nino Brown said:

I would trade jimbo a$$ for saban any time, anywhere, multiple times on Sunday if magically possible.

It's getting hard to tell around here anymore.

I'm beginning to think we need to look into hiring a deprogrammer.
infinity ag
OKC~Ag said:

Nino Brown said:

Yes, Saban is the undisputed King, but outside of him, I think we have a very good coach who is taking us in the right direction. We have never been lucky to get quick results, but that is okay, I hope we eventually get there and build a strong team.
TopoTacos
AG
My question is always:

"Take the money out of it, cause it ain't yours. Saban excluded, who else would you swap Jimbo for?"
Jarrin' Jay
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

How about we just be realistic rather than extremist. Jimbo doesn't suck but also has not done anything special recently. He is a very good recruiter. It is questionable whether he is a very good coach.

Jimbomobile? Seriously?

Last year was the best football season Texas A&M has had since you have been alive. It was a very special season. If you don't think last year was great and a special season you need to find something else to follow and occupy your time.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Jimbomobile? Seriously?

It's the car he uses to take out your mom for a nice steak dinner.
ashley
In his 4th thru 7 he averaged 10.5 wins & 3 losses a year. In two of those years he was 11-2.
Rule#2
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Before the season, I knew we weren't going to beat Alabama and win the SEC West. I had believed the floor was 9-3 and ceiling was 11-1 and predicted a 10-2 season with losses to Alabama and LSU. I was disappointed but not surprised that we lost to Arkansas 20-10. I have adjusted my expectations. Now, I believe our floor is 7-5 (3-5 in SEC games) and ceiling is 9-3 (5-3 in SEC games).

I predict we will finish 8-4 (4-4 in SEC games). I can see 3 more losses to Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU. I just hope we win home SEC games against Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Auburn and one road SEC game at Missouri. Beating Auburn at Kyle Field would be awesome after losing home games to Auburn in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019. Regardless of what our final record is for this season, I will always have faith in Jimbo Fisher. In four ways, Jimbo Fisher has already had more success than Kevin Sumlin.

1. After Kevin Sumlin went 6-2 in SEC games in his first season, he never posted another winning SEC record, not even with Johnny Manziel in 2013. Jimbo Fisher has already posted two winning SEC records: 5-3 in 2018 and 8-1 last year.

2. Sumlin went just 8-14 in home SEC games. Even worse, he went 3-12 in home games against SEC West teams, including a 7-game losing streak at the end of his tenure. By contrast, Jimbo is 9-2 in home SEC games, including 5-2 against SEC West teams. In Jimbo's first year, we finally defeated an SEC West opponent at Kyle Field for the first time in over three years with a 38-24 defeat of Ole Miss on November 10, 2018. The previous home win against an SEC West was a 30-17 defeat of Mississippi State on October 3, 2015, 1134 days prior.

4. Since NY6 bowls started in 2014, Sumlin has not led us to a NY6 bowl. Jimbo already has an Orange Bowl win.

Sumlin never lost to Arkansas
TexAggie1999
Jarrin' Jay said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Jimbomobile? Seriously?

Last year was the best football season Texas A&M has had since you have been alive. It was a very special season. If you don't think last year was great and a special season you need to find something else to follow and occupy your time.
A&M was better in 2012 than 2020. The SEC West was not strong in 2020. We played 2 SEC teams that ended up ranked at the end of the season. We beat Florida (ended up #13) in an extremely close game and we got beaten down by Alabama (ended up #1). We made a 4th quarter comeback to beat North Carolina in a Bowl Game (ended up ranked #18) where several of their top players didn't play.

In 2012 we lost a very close game to Florida (ended up #9), beat Alabama (ended up #1), lost a fairly close game to LSU (ended up ranked #14), and destroyed Oklahoma (ended up #15) in a Bowl Game.

I do not view 2020 as a "special" year given our best win was against an eventual 4-loss Florida team and we got beat badly by the one other team ranked in the final standings that we played (albeit was Alabama). 2020 was a good year against down opponents. By final ranking, yes 2020 was our best year. However, that has more to do with competition being down than A&M being strong. Despite the relatively easy schedule, had we made the playoffs, I think an argument could be made for it being a special year. However, we did not.

Jimbo has NOT earned blind trust by the fanbase (or his ridiculous contract). He hasn't earned the calls for his firing either.

Goose83
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

TexAggie1999 said:

Jimbomobile? Seriously?

A&M was better in 2012 than 2020. The SEC West was not strong in 2020. We played 2 SEC teams that ended up ranked at the end of the season. We beat Florida (ended up #13) in an extremely close game and we got beaten down by Alabama (ended up #1). We made a 4th quarter comeback to beat North Carolina in a Bowl Game (ended up ranked #18) where several of their top players didn't play.

In 2012 we lost a very close game to Florida (ended up #9), beat Alabama (ended up #1), lost a fairly close game to LSU (ended up ranked #14), and destroyed Oklahoma (ended up #15) in a Bowl Game.

I do not view 2020 as a "special" year given our best win was against an eventual 4-loss Florida team and we got beat badly by the one other team ranked in the final standings that we played (albeit was Alabama). 2020 was a good year against down opponents. By final ranking, yes 2020 was our best year. However, that has more to do with competition being down than A&M being strong. Despite the relatively easy schedule, had we made the playoffs, I think an argument could be made for it being a special year. However, we did not.

Jimbo has NOT earned blind trust by the fanbase (or his ridiculous contract). He hasn't earned the calls for his firing either.

HoopsAg
Kinda like being on T-Mobile; average reception.
Decay
AG
Quote:

I do not view 2020 as a "special" year
Then you're going to be miserable practically forever. Seriously
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Decay said:

Quote:

I do not view 2020 as a "special" year
Then you're going to be miserable practically forever. Seriously
Exactly. We ended the regular season with 7 consecutive SEC wins and 6 of them by 11+ points, including 4 road games at Mississippi State, South Carolina, Auburn, and Tennessee. The SEC West looked weaker because of an all-SEC schedule, but we were one of the 5 teams that finished with a winning record: Alabama, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. Not only did we finish 8-1 in SEC games, but we significantly improved our margin of victory in these wins. Then, we reached our first BCS or NY6 bowl since 1998 and defeated then No. 13 8-3 (7-3 in ACC games) North Carolina 41-27 in the Orange Bowl. In my view, both 2012 and 2020 are special years.

After we rallied from a 28-17 deficit with 9:38 left in the 3rd quarter to defeat then No. 4 Florida 41-38, Florida won 6 consecutive games by 12+ points, including a 44-28 upset of then No. 5 Georgia, to improve to 8-1. Of course, Florida ended last season on a 3-game losing streak: a 37-34 loss to LSU as a huge home favorite, a 52-46 loss to Alabama in the SEC championship Game, and a 55-20 blowout loss to Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl to finish 8-4 and No. 13. Georgia followed a loss to Florida with a 4-game winning streak, including a 24-21 over Cincinnati in the Peach Bowl, to finish 8-2 and No. 7.
cevans_40
AG
Rule#2 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

So you want Sumlin back?
fav13andac1)c
AG
cevans_40 said:

Rule#2 said:

So you want Sumlin back?
You cannot compare the TRASH Arkansas years/gimme wins to their team this year. Not even close.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.