Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Tired of Jimbos motor-mouth

14,853 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 100% Pure Aggie
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
achooooo said:

Gentlemen, I am as frustrated as everyone, however, that was our first loss in a year. Our QB is AWFUL and our O-line isn't much better. Give Jimbo a break. If he is as good as advertised then he will fix this.

This.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Jack Boyett
AG
I've been reading Texas for 20 some years. These people show up after every loss with this crap. It's best to just avoid the whole football board the week after the game if want to avoid the pessimists in the world. Just human nature showing itself.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Jack Boyett said:

I've been reading Texas for 20 some years. These people show up after every loss with this crap. It's best to just avoid the whole football board the week after the game if want to avoid the pessimists in the world. Just human nature showing itself.

Exactly. When Sumlin was here, the complaint was he didn't talk enough in press conferences. Now the same people complain that Jimbo talks too much.

Bonfire97
AG
Jimbo is a "talker" personality type. Unlike someone like Saban who is a "Do-er and thinker" personality type. It would be nice if ATM had the latter.
northeastag
AG
Well I don't know if we're all pessimists. My wife, a native New Yorker who just doesn't get it, comes by about mid-way through the game and says, "are they losing yet?". She was wrong when she did that most all of last year, but after 37 years of marriage she is basing her question on past experience. I joke with her that after all the decades I've watched Aggie football, the only thing that really changes is the coaches salary.

I'd like to be able to say, just once before either of us passes on to glory, "why no, they're actually the best team in the country". Just once, I tall ya! Is that really too much to ask?
duffelpud
AG
Losing builds character.

We've got a lot of characters.
"What's this button do?"
DSAG
Jimbo was the "best" available when we hired him and he has done well here with recruiting/development.
I would say we have the 3rd best roster in the SEC behind Bama/Georgia.
I have never been a big Jimbo fan and particularly do not like his offensive scheme..
He is not an innovative coach and is pretty set in his ways.
Contrast that with Saban who has changed his offensive philosophy over the years.
As long as Saban is at Bama, it does not look good for anyone in the SEC West.
Unless things change quickly we are in for a very disappointing year meaning 9-3 or even 8-4 .
This is all on Jimbo as he is now in his fourth year.
He needs an elite QB to win big and I see one in Conner Wiegman but not any on this roster..
Patience will be required going forward but I don't have the faith in Jimbo that some of you have.
Oldfart2
duffelpud said:

Losing builds character.

We've got a lot of characters.
Are we talking posters here?
cevans_40
AG
Bonfire97 said:

Jimbo is a "talker" personality type. Unlike someone like Saban who is a "Do-er and thinker" personality type. It would be nice if ATM had the latter.

How do you idiots come to these conclusions?
Wreckingcrew22
AG
He can fix it by firing Henson and hiring an OC.
Bonfire97
AG
cevans_40 said:

Bonfire97 said:

Why would you take someone's opinion on a message board and call somebody an idiot? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Quit acting like a *****.
cevans_40
AG
Bonfire97 said:

cevans_40 said:

Bonfire97 said:

Why would you take someone's opinion on a message board and call somebody an idiot? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Quit acting like a *****.

Quit acting like an idiot.
bam02
AG
100% Pure Aggie said:

"We're gonna fix this, fix that, get better each week."

don't even want to see his face and empty bullsheet comments.

fool me once, shame on you, twice shame on me....

ugh

He ran the same motor mouth after the Orange Bowl. Did you complain about it then? What a dumb and petty post.
SgtBarbarossa
Sounds like 100% Pure Aggie wants less talking and more gum chewing.
Aggie5412
[Permanent. -Staff]
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
whytho987654 said:

achooooo said:

Gentlemen, I am as frustrated as everyone, however, that was our first loss in a year. Our QB is AWFUL and our O-line isn't much better. Give Jimbo a break. If he is as good as advertised then he will fix this.
He's had 4 years to address this

We finished 4th in the nation last year. We lost our starting qb we are missing two starting wide receivers and three starting offensive lineman during the Arkansas game. Before this loss we had the second longest winning streak in the nation.

Come on man your better than that
A-A Ron
Cassius said:

achooooo said:

Those are his recruits and he coaches them.

How about game planning to mitigate those weaknesses? How about having Calzada just run off left guard when they were rushing 3 and their end was blowing up the field? Or run a screen?
Man this place, when Spa/zone was here all you people did was ***** and moan about all the screen plays now you want them back. Might as well bring Sumlin back, I hear he's not doing anything these days, he can sit in a press conference, chew gum, and blame the players as to why we lost instead of take responsibility for his hand in the loss.
cevans_40
AG
DSAG said:

Jimbo was the "best" available when we hired him and he has done well here with recruiting/development.
I would say we have the 3rd best roster in the SEC behind Bama/Georgia.
I have never been a big Jimbo fan and particularly do not like his offensive scheme..
He is not an innovative coach and is pretty set in his ways.
Contrast that with Saban who has changed his offensive philosophy over the years.
As long as Saban is at Bama, it does not look good for anyone in the SEC West.
Unless things change quickly we are in for a very disappointing year meaning 9-3 or even 8-4 .
This is all on Jimbo as he is now in his fourth year.
He needs an elite QB to win big and I see one in Conner Wiegman but not any on this roster..
Patience will be required going forward but I don't have the faith in Jimbo that some of you have.

Which scheme?

The double tight, and I formation stuff or the newer RPO?
NaturalStateReb
Too bad you've got an idiot for an AD, who extended Jimbo's contract just before the season, instead of after like anyone with any sense would have.

Ross Bjork is the guy who inexplicably volunteered to pay Matt Luke $3.5 million when no one, absolutely no one, would have hired him other than Ole Miss. Literally not a market for the guy.
cevans_40
AG
NaturalStateReb said:

Too bad you've got an idiot for an AD, who extended Jimbo's contract just before the season, instead of after like anyone with any sense would have.

Ross Bjork is the guy who inexplicably volunteered to pay Matt Luke $3.5 million when no one, absolutely no one, would have hired him other than Ole Miss. Literally not a market for the guy.

There is a huge market for Jimbo and if LSU fires Ed O and comes calling, we are going to really unhappy if he leaves.
Cassius
Aaron4885 said:

Cassius said:

achooooo said:

How about game planning to mitigate those weaknesses? How about having Calzada just run off left guard when they were rushing 3 and their end was blowing up the field? Or run a screen?
Man this place, when Spa/zone was here all you people did was ***** and moan about all the screen plays now you want them back. Might as well bring Sumlin back, I hear he's not doing anything these days, he can sit in a press conference, chew gum, and blame the players as to why we lost instead of take responsibility for his hand in the loss.

I was talking about a particular play to mitigate their 3 man rush. I'm not talking about running it every other down, or if they change their defense.
cevans_40
AG
Cassius said:

Aaron4885 said:

Cassius said:

achooooo said:

I was talking about a particular play to mitigate their 3 man rush. I'm not talking about running it every other down, or if they change their defense.
The only issue with a screen is what we would have needed to keep a back in to screen to which would have kept an extra defender or 2 in the box and in the rush but yes, we should have run more with the QB. I am still at a loss as to why we didn't just run QB draw.
12thMan9
AG
northeastag said:

Well I don't know if we're all pessimists. My wife, a native New Yorker who just doesn't get it, comes by about mid-way through the game and says, "are they losing yet?". She was wrong when she did that most all of last year, but after 37 years of marriage she is basing her question on past experience. I joke with her that after all the decades I've watched Aggie football, the only thing that really changes is the coaches salary.

I'd like to be able to say, just once before either of us passes on to glory, "why no, they're actually the best team in the country". Just once, I tall ya! Is that really too much to ask?
Yes.
Ronnie '88
NaturalStateReb
cevans_40 said:

NaturalStateReb said:

There is a huge market for Jimbo and if LSU fires Ed O and comes calling, we are going to really unhappy if he leaves.
Didn't say no one would hire Jimbo Fisher. Just that most employers give a raise after the performance, not before
cevans_40
AG
NaturalStateReb said:

cevans_40 said:

NaturalStateReb said:

Didn't say no one would hire Jimbo Fisher. Just that most employers give a raise after the performance, not before
Thats not really how coaching contracts work.
100% Pure Aggie
Like I said
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.