Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Glad piggies are ranked 16

3,616 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DE4D
Z Team
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's like eating bacon from the grand champion pig you bought at the livestock auction. It just tastes better!

Most Aggies would go ballistic if we were ranked 17. Piggies are ecstatic about being ranked and not just rank like previous years. It shows that you don't really believe that they are the better team. Relax and enjoy the 10th win. It's going to taste extra good this year. Elko will have the defense fired up and the offense takes a step forward as they learn to play for one another and play off one another this week.
ironmanag
AG
What I like is this is the trendy upset pick and all week the OL has heard how bad they are.
Divining Rod
while i get the point you're making, disagree that the fan base's relative enthusiasm for where they are ranked "shows" which team is really better.

that has nothing to do with which team actually is better- especially in a season that is young. People and teams are still finding out which teams really are strong(er). their enthusiasm will wax and wane as the wins and losses mount.
Charlie Murphy
Overall a very weird post.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Glad they are ranked 16 exclusively for the opportunity to step up and win the game everyone seems to think will be an upset. This will be viewed as a "good" win for the Ags at least for the time being.
tk111
AG
ironmanag said:

What I like is this is the trendy upset pick and all week the OL has heard how bad they are.
This. I hope some of the young'uns are angry types
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
What's great about the pigs being ranked 16 is it is impossible to overlook them. I would rather play a good pig team that we are mentally ready for than to overlook a bad pig team who looks at the game vs the Ags as their Super Bowl. Jimbo will have them ready.
TAMUallen
AG
ironmanag said:

What I don't like is how bad they've been
Dr.Pepper7
AG
I agree with OP. I dont think its a surprise to anyone Piggy is a trap game, but playing a ranked team puts that urgency on this team which i think could help some of the younger guys prepare.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Foster.. wish we could get him a Guard this week. Ready to see this guy get nasty in the trenches
greg.w.h
AG
Z Team said:

It's like eating bacon from the grand champion pig you bought at the livestock auction. It just tastes better!

Most Aggies would go ballistic if we were ranked 17. Piggies are ecstatic about being ranked and not just rank like previous years. It shows that you don't really believe that they are the better team. Relax and enjoy the 10th win. It's going to taste extra good this year. Elko will have the defense fired up and the offense takes a step forward as they learn to play for one another and play off one another this week.
Psst…you breed those…
jonb02
AG
drunk post
“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.” - John Adams

“It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they’ve been fooled” - Mark Twain
AG
TAMUallen said:

ironmanag said:

Which means one of two things:

They are bad, or

They are actually good but have been giving no effort

Either of which is highly concerning.
T-Shizzle
4 said:

TAMUallen said:

ironmanag said:

Which means one of two things:

They are bad, or

They are actually good but have been giving no effort

Either of which is highly concerning.

Or they aren't experienced, and aren't experienced playing as a unit! Which is pretty the real reason. Same thing was said about the last O line. Until they all became seniors. Who had played together multiple years.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Or our fan base has become entitled aholes due to Jimbo's success.
TexAg15
AG
The best part about the pigs being ranked is the KO time. There's literally nothing worse than AM Deathstar.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
DE4D
AG
As long as the game is finished before setting sun starts blinding you from the west window.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.