Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This looks really bad

8,880 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Danwell Home
Ghost of Bisbee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bjork backpedaled his initial comments about not wanting Texas to join with his commitment to SEC.

We always get egg on our face in just about every PR crisis, except for our actual move to the SEC.

Why is our admin never prepared for **** like this.
geoag58
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Bjork backpedaled his initial comments about not wanting Texas to join with his commitment to SEC.

We always get egg on our face in just about every PR crisis, except for our actual move to the SEC.

Bjork is not Woodward and sharp is still part of the decision making process.
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!
Get Off My Lawn
The only way to "look good" or even close while being backstabbed and undermined without recourse is to acknowledge that it's all about money and caution that the backstabbers will eventually learn their error when the sips ruin this conference as well.

It's unfortunate that A&M's leadership doesn't reflect the culture and sentiment of the mean of their former student population, but the only play where A&M came away looking like they were in charge would have been to actually wield deciding power - which they don't have.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I would still vote no on the sips admission so it is on record we were against letting the home wreckers in.
vander54
S
Emilio Fantastico said:

I would still vote no on the sips admission so it is on record we were against letting the home wreckers in.

We probably will be voting yes and it will be a 14-0 vote
World's worst proofreader
My Name Is Judge
God I can't wait to kick the **** outa sipy. I'm getting pretty pumped about this

I do still think the lower money schools are going to regret the decision though.

Miss', Arky, mizzou, vandy watch your hindside bc y'all let some evil in the club
UltimateSuperGenius
I hope all of you apologize to Bjork when it comes out that tu doesn't join the SEC.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
UltimateSuperGenius said:

I hope all of you apologize to Bjork when it comes out that tu doesn't join the SEC.
Welcome to TexAgs Ross. Keep fighting the fight.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Bjork is a yes boy. I was saying that a year ago.
ChemEAg08
AG

vander54
S

Where are they going to go?

I mean there is a chance they could go to the Big 10 but at this point I don't see that happening.
Johnny Z
AG
Given the opportunity, sip would spit in the face of A&M and the SEC if they got a better offer somewhere else. With that said, I just don't see where that opportunity would come from. ESPN is not going to lose these schools to the Big 10.
ironmanag
AG
None of this makes A&M look bad to anyone but the zoo.
AggieBlu
AG
I think all this gnashing of teeth and weeping makes Aggies look bad. Grab your balls and spit in the face of the opposition. We ain't never scurred! Gig'Em!

[url=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20ain%27t%20never%20scurred%21][/url]
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
CapCityAg89
AG
I think it's funny how y'all think Texas will run this league as they did the SWC and Big 12. They were a top 1-2 AD in those leagues. Across all sports. They aren't top 2 in any sport in the SEC.

They're just another school. It's going to be shocking for them.
Tibbers
Do you really think a team and admin that has shown it's ass time and time again will somehow magically not?

Money talks and Texas unfortunately is a bigger money draw than the Ags. It will prove even more how inept we are by not only them joining but what happens going forward.
Whaler
AG
Plus, haven't at least 6 of our regents been appointed by Gov. Abbott, a tsip that openly lobbied for A&M and tu to play each other annually... He probably only appointed A&M regents that were like-minded on that front. Not only will we be forced to play his sips every year, but now they will be in our conference. I'm sure Gov. Abbott is ecstatic. The regent meeting yesterday was likely just a dog and pony show.

vander54
S
Whaler said:

Plus, haven't at least 6 of our regents been appointed by Gov. Abbott, a tsip that openly lobbied for A&M and tu to play each other annually... He probably only appointed A&M regents that were like-minded on that front. Not only will we be forced to play his sips every year, but now they will be in our conference. I'm sure Gov. Abbott is ecstatic. The regent meeting yesterday was likely just a dog and pony show.

The meeting was to figure out who knew and why it wasn't communicated to everyone.
CapCityAg89
AG
Tibbers said:

Do you really think a team and admin that has shown it's ass time and time again will somehow magically not?

Money talks and Texas unfortunately is a bigger money draw than the Ags. It will prove even more how inept we are by not only them joining but what happens going forward.

Nope. Confident they'll show it. Also confident it'll be hanging in the breeze. You're right money talks but Texas has no more draw than Georgia and LSU and much less than Alabama and Florida. Maybe more than A&M but not much - same with Tennessee and Auburn. Like I said: just another team.
Tibbers
Yep, it's bull***** We are pissing away our differentiation for the sake of a few extra sheckles or we had no power and control and are being used by the conference. Take your pick!
vander54
S
Tibbers said:

Yep, it's bull***** We are pissing away our differentiation for the sake of a few extra sheckles or we had no power and control and are being used by the conference. Take your pick!

It's not personal but so many of you are trying to make it that way. It is a business decision and when thought of that way it makes sense. Will it work? Who knows. tu is known for being a cancer but they've had majority of the power in the past. They won't in the SEC.
rab79
AG

if the sips don't get in it won't be because of anything Bjork did.
NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
fieldtrailer
AG
All you embarrassed and ashamed ags. Bless your hearts.
schmellba99
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

God I can't wait to kick the **** outa sipy. I'm getting pretty pumped about this

I do still think the lower money schools are going to regret the decision though.

Miss', Arky, mizzou, vandy watch your hindside bc y'all let some evil in the club
This right here is the problem with A&M. It has been for 115+ years, and it will be right back at the forefront. Even after a 10 year break...the mentality of focusing on tu and calling it good hasn't died.

Welcome to Big XII lite, that's where we are now.
TopoTacos
AG
I don't understand why we consistently make ourselves out to be the most insecure fanbase but for whatever reason we are.

I can guarantee that Jimbo isn't half as fazed by this as some of y'all are. Control what you can control, anything beyond that is just wasted energy.
Sparkie
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Tibbers said:

Nope. Confident they'll show it. Also confident it'll be hanging in the breeze. You're right money talks but Texas has no more draw than Georgia and LSU and much less than Alabama and Florida. Maybe more than A&M but not much - same with Tennessee and Auburn. Like I said: just another team.

b10 pays 55 million to each team while the sec pays 45. If the addition of tu/ou raises the sec payout to match that of the b10s, tu has the big swinging dick.

tu has the backing of espn and that is far more important than draw. simply, any team that increases the revenue by 140% runs the sec.
vander54
S
tu will not run the show and it's not tu that's increasing the payout. It's the matchups and OU has just as much impact as well as the tesms they will be playing.
OKC~Ag
TopoTacos said:

I don't understand why we consistently make ourselves out to be the most insecure fanbase but for whatever reason we are.

I can guarantee that Jimbo isn't half as fazed by this as some of y'all are. Control what you can control, anything beyond that is just wasted energy.
simplistic way to view the current unfolding events.

out chancellor and president lack foresight. They are pissing a way out structural advantage against our tradition rivals...ou/texas.

Additional $$$ that ou/Texas may bring is mere pittance to A&M and Texas...

Media is framing this SEC move as all about money... they are wrong. May be to Arkansas and Mississippi state and like additional $ is important but not to texas and A&M.

Real Trojan gain is SEC media spotlight and attention. In the era of NIL, trend will accelerate.

Too bad our chancellor and presidents are both dolts...
Sparkie
AG
vander54 said:

tu will not run the show and it's not tu that's increasing the payout. It's the matchups and OU has just as much impact as well as the tesms they will be playing.
Let me put this in another way.

The average per game payout is 3.8 million.

If it were about match ups, both tu/ou would need to average 10.5 million for each of their games. Neither of those teams will have a 2.75X advantage over the sec for every game.

So, any team that has espn backing it carries the biggest stick. ou doesnt have the same backing, and is along for the ride.

vander54
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

No, you have a comprehension problem. aTm being committed to the SEC and not wanting cow in the SEC are not mutually exclusive statements. We are committed to the SEC whether cow joins or not... and we are against no matter what the vote tally is.
OleHouAggie
Everyone should read this again. Who cares what the other school does.
TexAg15
AG
BREAKING NEWS: Athletic director not highest ranked official at large state school.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
Chef Elko
AG
Oh my god who caaaaares anymore. You and everyone else knows regardless of what he said we were going to get crapped on.

They hate us cuz they ain't us. Just keep winning and let them say whatever they want to because that's all they have left to stand on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.