Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BDF annouces decision on "horns down"

13,355 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BleacherRat
mbrooking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I told my wife they need to change to holding their arms up and then drop them like sawed off horns... If anyone complains, they can say they were working out a cramp in their arms.
peace
S
Still laughing, this is so weak and silly. Horns up is equally offensive so what about that?

This should not come as a surprise, but actually, it really does, even for sips.
annie88
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

My favorite part of the article...

"I hope in the future that somebody else's symbols will come into play and not just the Horns."

Translation: This rule was created specifically for the horns and no one else.

So wait, are our football players and our fans supposed to get grossly offended when someone does a thumbs down to an Aggie?

Is there anyway to tell them we don't give a *****

I've been doing horns down since I was a wee little thing. Ain't stopping now. #AlwaysHornsDown

Of course this is also a school that won't even sing their own fight song anymore. Poor little things!

Agsuffering@bulaw
wbt5845
AG
And yet, many Ags clamor to climb back in bed with them so they can brag to their brother in law from Muleshoe every now and then.

Never. Again.
peace
S
what is the penalty.....yardage or ejection? (this is super serious stuff!)
Anchorhold
mbrooking said:

I told my wife they need to change to holding their arms up and then drop them like sawed off horns... If anyone complains, they can say they were working out a cramp in their arms.

Aggie_Texan22
If an opposing player can do a thumbs down when they play us and not get penalized then it shouldn't be a penalty if someone does horns down.
seebond
AG
This attitude is exactly why Texas Football is where they are.
Looking for excuses that deflect from their lack of successes on the field. Soft and rattled by hand gestures.

If they were winning, they wouldn't be complaining..
Glad they're not - so we get to laugh and hear this year after year.

This constant complaining they are doing is just making players and teams do it MORE since it bothers them so much!
AG
Aggie_Texan22 said:

If an opposing player can do a thumbs down when they play us and not get penalized then it shouldn't be a penalty if someone does horns down.

What should and shouldn't be has no bearing on anything to do with them.

It's not a level playing field with that bunch. Never has been, never will be.

This is a great example of why a lot of us older Ags want nothing to do with them ever again.

We put up with this sht for years. Don't want to put up with it for another 5 seconds.
jsmc71
AG

TheDraw
AG
agz win
AG

Spyderman
AG
Kevin the 3-legged dog said:

The real question is, will teams get flagged for throwing it with the horns up?

Outstanding work here. Great question. Could be construed as taunting either way perhaps?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Flashdiaz
AG
Bonzer103 said:

I would be embarrassed if I was a tsip petitioning for this. Weak sauce.

I don't think these folks embarrass easily, or they're simply used to it:

- they are building an entire side of their stadium to look like a ****
- they have large student demonstrations with dildos
- they had football male only pool parties
- their slogan is a pier 1 sign that says 'all gas no breaks'
- they are having an existential crisis about their school song
- and now want officiating to keep their feelings from being hurt.
Jimbo4win
AG
Aggie_Texan22 said:

This. I LOVE it when opposing teams do a thumbs down against us. Of course, I hate that they just made a play/touchdown when it happens BUT the thumbs down is a sign of their hate. As we continue to win at a high level, it will become even more common. When you win, everyone is your rival. Everyone hates you. Being hated for the right reason is being hated because you win so much. Being secure means embracing and thriving in that hate. Only an insecure person, school, fan base would not want to embrace everyone else's hate.(whorns)
WhyMustMyTeamSuck
Poor silly little sippies. So special....so special.
I'm a Vol fan. I don't care what gesture you make at me. We deserve it because our team sucks ass. tu needs to realize that they too suck, and they deserve the gesture for their subpar play. The meek will inherit the s***.
WhyMustMyTeamSuck
Well spoken. Football is nothing without hate.
P.H. Dexippus
AG

PENALTY!
Divining Rod
so here's what some school should do, when theyre up by say 20 pts.

Give the horns down and get a 15 yard penalty. then do it again before next play a d get another 15. then another, and anither and another til theyre on their own 10, then half distance then half fistance etc.

do it 20 times in a row.
The B12 would finally realize how absolutely stupid the rule is..
themissinglink
AG
rootube
AG
That time when ESPN made Jessie Palmer issue an apology.
Ag 11
AG
GigEmTx
It's funny how fighting something so hard brings more attention to it. I'm betting you'll see more "horns down" from opposing fans in the stands than ever before this season for this reason alone.

Gotta tell you, I'm hoping the Hogs BTHO TU.
Cromagnum
AG
So is it also taunting if a sip player gives the horns up sign to an opposing player on the field? This is all so dumb.
monarch
S
What a joke of an athletic Dept. Worry about the teams you field and not some stupid hand gesture.
Peace for Ukraine!
drthoop
AG
I will hope that if a ref ever gives an opposing player a penalty for doing the Gig'em down that our coaches would simply decline the penalty. How classy would that be?
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
Allen76
AG
Ag 11 said:

Arnies delighted expression at the end of the GIF is hilarious!
WC94
AG
This will not end well. They just galvanized the entire nation against them, and horns down will be at an all time high. Question: If OU gives horns down in a game not involving dildos, is that a penalty too?

greg.w.h
AG
Now you know why they play Rice less frequently. They are now their own parody.
Foxo
AG
Is this stupid penalty assessed vs a non BDF team?
rootube
AG
This would be sweet poetry if the horns slipped into the B12 title game because a horns down taunting penalty was the difference in the TCU or Iowa St. Game. Let's face it OU can afford to throw the horns down when they go up by 20 in the first half.
rootube
AG
Divining Rod
wbt5845 said:

And yet, many Ags clamor to climb back in bed with them so they can brag to their brother in law from Muleshoe every now and then.

Never. Again.

I used to be squarely in your shoes. BUT.

Some of us want it to resume because we have kids, and they deserve to experience the greatness of kicking 'sip ass, and yes, being screwed now and agsin so they understand WHY we hate 'em.

If many mire years go by, we'll have a new generation of Ags not even knowing what the rivalry really is.

i dont want to risk that. the greatest monents of my tine in Aggieland involved t.u.

im not selfish enough to deprive my kids of that for my own personsl benefit. you may not get that, but so be it. Id like to hear from parents of current studentsand what their kids think. mine is red ass and he wants to kick their ass- he was raised well!
oklacityag75
AG
TUCK FEXAS

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.