Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

BDF annouces decision on "horns down"

13,283 Views | 90 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BleacherRat
West Point Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Divining Rod said:

wbt5845 said:

And yet, many Ags clamor to climb back in bed with them so they can brag to their brother in law from Muleshoe every now and then.

Never. Again.

I used to be squarely in your shoes. BUT.

Some of us want it to resume because we have kids, and they deserve to experience the greatness of kicking 'sip ass, and yes, being screwed now and agsin so they understand WHY we hate 'em.

If many mire years go by, we'll have a new generation of Ags not even knowing what the rivalry really is.

i dont want to risk that. the greatest monents of my tine in Aggieland involved t.u.

im not selfish enough to deprive my kids of that for my own personsl benefit. you may not get that, but so be it. Id like to hear from parents of current studentsand what their kids think. mine is red ass and he wants to kick their ass- he was raised well!

YOU may not want to risk that but YOU probably little to no say in the matter. Anyone 15 yo or younger has no recollection of this game and it will just be olds who remember or care. Most young Ags will look to LSU and Bama and the pigs as rivals. The sips will be that team we play from time to time in most sports not many care about like softball or soccer with the occasional baseball or basketball game thrown in.

Oh and **** tu and everything they are and stand for.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Hey Nav
AG
Fexas bite
Fexas bite
Fexas jump up and bite my ass !

Fexas bite
Fexas bite
Fexas jump up and bite my ass !

B I T E A S S !
Fexas jump up and bite my ass !!!!

Penalize that, dumpster divers.
Shoefly!
AG
GigEmTx said:

It's funny how fighting something so hard brings more attention to it. I'm betting you'll see more "horns down" from opposing fans in the stands than ever before this season for this reason alone.

Gotta tell you, I'm hoping the Hogs BTHO TU.

UL too!
annie88
AG
Z Team
AG
I like the rule. Every time tu exerts their reign over their dumpster fire of a conference it's like throwing another couple logs onto the fire. Resentment among the other teams for tu specific rules breaks the weak relationships down even further and makes tu out to be even more of a liberal pansy joke of a school.
Artorias
AG
Crybaby horns claiming it is "taunting".

Is making a hand sign to your fans from your own bench taunting? As I understand it, this new rule would consider horns down to your fans from your bench a penalty.
West texas fan
When have the wronghorns ever been "fair"???
PatAg
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Is giving the middle finger a penalty? It's not horns down and I can't think of a more deserving s*** show and fan base!
It is
West texas fan
This just openly proves that when the wronghorns it is your 11 vs 18!

NEVER AGAIN!
West texas fan
Well in a era that student players can be openly paid to play. Why shouldn't it be openly known that the refs help tu
West texas fan
I would say screw it and come out of the tunnel doing horns down! The teams should do it so much that it turns into a 3 hour game before the first play!

Every away game tu has that home fan base should all be wearing horn down shirts & hats holding up horn down signs!
West texas fan
I wonder if this is the final straw that gets OU & OSU to move to another conference ( WV could as well)? That could lead to tu going independent like ND . Difference is I doubt too many teams would be willing to play a independent tu! Especially with this stupid horns down rule!

Oh the glory that would be!!!!!
swc93
AG
Taunting is taunting. Singling out a particular hand sign is just lame. Anything in an opponent's face or directed to an opponent should be a penalty.
kerrag06
AG
Agreed. How can that be a penalty? I mean maybe if it's done in conjunction with some hostile verbal taunting as well? I just don't get it.
TxAg76
AG
Every opposing team's entire fan base should throw horns down every chance they get.
Refs can't penalize what happens in the stands.
Let every camera from every angle catch it at every opportunity.

Because F them.
What a crock of shiit.
TxAg76
AG
West texas fan said:

When have the wronghorns ever been "fair"???

It's donghorns
fightinag
Who Cares...........
They are just a group of whining "has been" wussies and ***s that are trying to win by changing all the rules in their favor.
It's a shame when they can't even contend in the conference that they manage !

Im just waiting for OU to tell them goodbye and they get replaced by Texas State
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
randy828
AG
I am so glad we don't cry and moan.

Go to the 2:13 mark...scores a td and gives us a thumbs down. Who cares?

I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Adding Texas State would increase the whorn fanbase.
redleg82
AG
Just gives Texas' Big 12 refs another phantom penalty to use to keep the horns in games they have no business being in. "Oh, the Iowas State player taunted them with a vicious horns down gesture." Horrors...Texas is back!
McInnis80
West texas fan said:

I wonder if this is the final straw that gets OU & OSU to move to another conference ( WV could as well)? That could lead to tu going independent like ND . Difference is I doubt too many teams would be willing to play a independent tu! Especially with this stupid horns down rule!

Oh the glory that would be!!!!!
The problem is where would OU and OSU go? The SEC, that train left the station years ago. The Big 10, no way would schools like Michigan, Illinois and Northwestern agree. Pac 12, could Cal and UCLA legally play games in Oklahoma? ACC, they are still drooling over Norte Dame. The Oklahoma schools are stuck, just like every other school in this arranged marriage of a conference.

Why would the big 12 agree to play Texas in the other sports as a conference member?
BleacherRat
I have an idea.
When a team scores on t.u. have the player run by the t.u. bench and do the horns up!
In other words, mock the who t.u. team only after the opposing t.u. teams scores points!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.