Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Cade Klubnik offered

30,090 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
sharpdressedman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really admire Klubnik's leadership, athleticism, and raw talent. I hope he ultimately signs with the Ags.

I doubt that he anticipated Weigman would commit almost immediately,
It is claimed by some that JF will take only one QB in 2022, and the first to commit is the one. I doubt it.

Numerous circumstances could find CK being the starter in the future, including him beating Weigman and Stowers for the job.

Klubnik knows the value of an Aggie education, the lifetime advantages of the Aggie network, the thrill of playing at Kyle field, the myriad traditions that make A&M genuinely unique, and the joy of playing close to home so he may share football weekends with his family and friends.

The future is an unread book. I hope CK keeps an open mind about playing in Aggieland. I could be wrong, but I think JF will stay in-touch with him and his parents, and all parties will come to agree that Aggieland is the best place for his continued QB development, college experience, and future well-being.

BuckshotJ
In my opinion (after 37 years on the engineering faculty at A&M), there is no better place to get an undergraduate degree in engineering and prepare to be a leader in the profession.

SOME other programs may still have stronger graduate programs, but A&M provides superior preparation. The "other education" is a factor.

Will be glad to discuss further if desired.

Best regards.

AvidAggie
AG
infinity ag said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

infinity ag said:

Don't assume a kid whose parents are Aggies will be an Aggie too.

Wait till Saban gets scent of this and offer... then he gawn.

You must be miserable person

Just a realistic person. I don't want anyone here committing suicide if this kid decides to go to Alabama or OSU or anywhere else. This isn't 1975. A&M is recruiting nationally now and Texas kids are also going national with their college choices.

I am an Aggie who does not live in Texas but I don't want my son to go to A&M for engineering, I want him to go to one of the Top 3 schools. Do you see a problem with my line of thinking? A&M Engg is very good, but there are schools even better than what A&M provides.

Yes I see a problem with your line of thinking.
yell_on_6th st
AG
AvidAggie said:

infinity ag said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

infinity ag said:

Just a realistic person. I don't want anyone here committing suicide if this kid decides to go to Alabama or OSU or anywhere else. This isn't 1975. A&M is recruiting nationally now and Texas kids are also going national with their college choices.

I am an Aggie who does not live in Texas but I don't want my son to go to A&M for engineering, I want him to go to one of the Top 3 schools. Do you see a problem with my line of thinking? A&M Engg is very good, but there are schools even better than what A&M provides.

"... who does not live in Texas."
Found it, something didn't take.
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

doubt that he anticipated Weigman would commit almost immediately

Surely he saw the great pocket Mond had all season. Should have committed immediately.
Brian DeSpain
yell_on_6th st said:

AvidAggie said:

infinity ag said:

Slamn Sharpe said:

infinity ag said:

"... who does not live in Texas."
Found it, something didn't take.
. Infinity ag - If your kid is not a top tier QB he can go anywhere he wants. I will not be bothered.
Ag in Tiger Country
AG
Given your incessant BONER over "5 Stars", and now your idiotic comment on an engineering school's rank, are you even capable of making a determination by yourself or must someone else assign stars for you to figure things out???!!!

Good Lord man!
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

The odds of your children going to a Top 3 engineering school are minimal so you should probably set your sites a bit wider.
SoCalAg97
AG
Hate to say it but I was a little bummed when Weigman committed. No offense to Weigman, but Klubnik looks special, like the kind of QB we haven't had in a while. And I think he really wanted to be here. People ask why he didn't commit immediately, but I suspect it's not always so cut and dry. He may not have had that option.
TexanJeff
AG
I don't know, Klubnik plays for Westlake and has top talent all around.

His best reciever made one of the best one handed interceptions i have seen at this level.

Not that Wegs has a bunch of duds but you have to wonder how much of a westlake QB is him vs the system

(Not counting Brees since he was first)
Playboy
AG
SoCalAg97 said:

Hate to say it but I was a little bummed when Weigman committed. No offense to Weigman, but Klubnik looks special, like the kind of QB we haven't had in a while. And I think he really wanted to be here. People ask why he didn't commit immediately, but I suspect it's not always so cut and dry. He may not have had that option.

This.

And no need to hate on the kid for not committing immediately. I don't think anyone thought Weigman would've committed that quickly. I think his commitment hurts our chances with CK but not because he's afraid of a competition. More to do with the numbers and what Jimbo would like to do. Although, I would imagine Jimbo would love to have these two in his facility. I think both of these guys could be dynamic in our system and Jimbo hasn't led us astray yet. So he'll figure it out. But man, I'd love to have A guy with CK's talent who also happened to be raised by two Aggie parents.
Heisenberg01
AG
SoCalAg97 said:

So you were bummed when a kid who put his school on the map because he exhibits the same skill set as Pat Mahomes (not saying he is an NFL Hall of famer but watch their high school film next to each other) committed to A&M? A kid so athletic that he is also the top baseball player in the state. When this kid committed, it bummed you out? When a kid that Jimbo obviously prioritized committed, it bummed you out?

You should stop watching football if a kid with elite talent wants to come to A&M and it bums you out!
Playboy
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

SoCalAg97 said:

So you were bummed when a kid who put his school on the map because he exhibits the same skill set as Pat Mahomes (not saying he is an NFL Hall of famer but watch their high school film next to each other) committed to A&M? A kid so athletic that he is also the top baseball player in the state. When this kid committed, it bummed you out? When a kid that Jimbo obviously prioritized committed, it bummed you out?

You should stop watching football if a kid with elite talent wants to come to A&M and it bums you out!

Name checks out
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The odds of your children going to a Top 3 engineering school are minimal so you should probably set your sites a bit wider.

Out of curiosity, what are the top 3?

Obviously, MIT is probably #1.
LB12Diamond
AG
Check on this thread to see if there's a Klubnik update and only see engineering discussions. Thread took of in a random direction.
SoCalAg97
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

SoCalAg97 said:

Dude, relax. Drama queen.
jamieboy2014
AG
SoCalAg97 said:

Heisenberg01 said:

SoCalAg97 said:

Dude, relax. Drama queen.
He makes a valid point though... The delivery was a bit dramatic, true, but I honestly think Weigman is the better athlete of the two. I am happy with either honestly. Ultimately, we wound up with the better of the two in my opinion. I think Klubnik will perform well wherever he goes (and there's still a slight chance he may sign with us in the end).
If your username is jickyjack1, Shooter McGavin, proudaggie02, txrancher69, or Rick Deckard... don't bother responding. You won't offer anything insightful.
GoldenGun00
AG
4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The top 3 is debatable, but I'd probably go with MIT, Caltech, and Stanford. Others would work Cal, Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, Georgia Tech, etc. into one of those spots.

A&M would fall into the 10-15 range overall in engineering, which puts it above a lot of great universities. In some specific areas like petroleum or nuclear engineering, A&M would be in the top 2 or 3.
northeastag
AG
GoldenGun00 said:

4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The top 3 is debatable, but I'd probably go with MIT, Caltech, and Stanford. Others would work Cal, Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, Georgia Tech, etc. into one of those spots.

A&M would fall into the 10-15 range overall in engineering, which puts it above a lot of great universities. In some specific areas like petroleum or nuclear engineering, A&M would be in the top 2 or 3.
I'm semi-retired now, but BSME from TAMU. While parents always want their kids to go to the "best" school possible, in my long career working with graduates from all levels of schools, it almost never mattters. The material learned at the undergraduate level is practically the same, and the difference in career outcome is based almost solely on the other (sometimes soft) skills of the individual. As a wise college counselor once told me, the kids that go to state schools very often end up owning the companies that's employ the graduates from the elite.
rljtamu
AG
northeastag said:

GoldenGun00 said:

4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

I'm semi-retired now, but BSME from TAMU. While parents always want their kids to go to the "best" school possible, in my long career working with graduates from all levels of schools, it almost never mattters. The material learned at the undergraduate level is practically the same, and the difference in career outcome is based almost solely on the other (sometimes soft) skills of the individual. As a wise college counselor once told me, the kids that go to state schools very often end up owning the companies that's employ the graduates from the elite.
I agree. Without good communication skills and strong work ethic there is no advancement, no matter where you went to school. Would bet A&M is tops in those categories.
rgag12
AG
GoldenGun00 said:

4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Pretty sure A&M's lego sets would beat any of those schools lego sets.
infinity ag
BuckshotJ said:

In my opinion (after 37 years on the engineering faculty at A&M), there is no better place to get an undergraduate degree in engineering and prepare to be a leader in the profession.

SOME other programs may still have stronger graduate programs, but A&M provides superior preparation. The "other education" is a factor.

Best regards.

Thank you for your reply. You have your opinion and I respect that, but I have mine as well.
I have a Masters degree in Engineering from Texas A&M. Spent so many hours in Zachry (old one) in the Sun lab, the "Crystal lab" (main level where they had the PCs near the stairs).

A&M prepared me well for my career, but I think it would be overreaching to think that A&M is the only place for that. I can think of several better Engg schools with much better location as well - MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, Cornell etc.

Who remembers this? This photo used to be on Zach website even in the mid 90s.

infinity ag
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Odd for anyone getting into Top 3 Engg is minimal. But there are kids that get in there, don't they?
So we will try and how things shape up. He will apply to more schools outside of the Top 3 of course.
infinity ag
northeastag said:

GoldenGun00 said:

4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The education is about the same, but the networking/connections and the opportunities vastly differ. If you go to Stanford, everyone around you is smart and you are forced to up your game to be in the conversation. And there are the Bay Area companies who want to recruit you down the street.
infinity ag
Ag in Tiger Country said:

Given your incessant BONER over "5 Stars", and now your idiotic comment on an engineering school's rank, are you even capable of making a determination by yourself or must someone else assign stars for you to figure things out???!!!

Good Lord man!

Yes, I still get a boner over a 5* QB. Jimbo is a top class coach and if we have a top class QB, then we are in the playoffs for sure. Mond was good last year but we need a Lawrence.

You have no clue about Engineering, so let's not even go there.
infinity ag
GoldenGun00 said:

4 said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Agree completely.
A&M is great, but there are also other great options.
A&M is top 3 for Industrial Engg and Petroleum and Ocean Engg when I last checked. Agriculture also.
For Electrical Engg, Computer Science, there are other better options.
Heisenberg01
AG
infinity ag said:

Good Lord man!

Yes, I still get a boner over a 5* QB. Jimbo is a top class coach and if we have a top class QB, then we are in the playoffs for sure. Mond was good last year but we need a Lawrence.

Weird that someone who acts like engineering snob would abbreviate engineering as engg. I have never seen anyone abbreviate it that way in my life.
infinity ag
Heisenberg01 said:

infinity ag said:

Good Lord man!

Weird that someone who acts like engineering snob would abbreviate engineering as engg. I have never seen anyone abbreviate it that way in my life.

What a stupid thing to fixate on. Engineering is abbreviated to "Engg" all the time.
Computer Science is also called CS and Electrical Engineering is called EE or "Double E".
If you have not seen it, you probably need to go out more.
mitchdpm
AG
If you choose Berkeley over A&M you have a whole different set of problems.
Class of 65
AG
infinity ag said:

BuckshotJ said:

Best regards.

Thank you for your reply. You have your opinion and I respect that, but I have mine as well.
I have a Masters degree in Engineering from Texas A&M. Spent so many hours in Zachry (old one) in the Sun lab, the "Crystal lab" (main level where they had the PCs near the stairs).

A&M prepared me well for my career, but I think it would be overreaching to think that A&M is the only place for that. I can think of several better Engg schools with much better location as well - MIT, CalTech, Stanford, Berkeley, CMU, Cornell etc.

I graduated and spent 40 years in E & C (after 4 years in the military) reaching the level of VP in two Engineering companies in Houston. What makes you think you are doing your children a big favor to sending to schools like Stanford. The Petroleum Industry as well as the supporting E @ C firms are loaded with A @ M grads. I interviewed and hired hundreds of A & M graduates. I would never hire one from Stanford, or the Brainy schools of the North East. They do not have their feet grounded to get the job done.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Some of my engineering profs said the same thing about Rice.
GarryowenAg
AG
Talk about a thread derail.
WallyWonka
AG
infinity ag said:

BuckshotJ said:

Best regards.

Maybe your opinion would be different if you'd have earned your undergrad from TAMU.

I do realize there are other great schools. Further, I do realize the degree you walk away with when graduating from TAMU (or any other school) is only as good as what you have put into it.
Showstopper
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

I went to A&M over a top 3 but A&M was free. In fairness, I didn't know student loan forgiveness would eventually be a thing.
98WFSCAG
AG
A&M may not be top 3 but I bet the connections in Texas outweigh the difference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.