Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

****Cotton Bowl: 0U vs Florida Game Thread****

48,900 Views | 600 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 94chem
APHIS AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AvidAggie said:

Again I don't care how many opt outs Florida had...a 35 point win is pretty impressive.
So, do you think that OU would have given Alabama a "better" game?
aggiedad7
AvidAggie said:

Again I don't care how many opt outs Florida had...a 35 point win is pretty impressive.
It's the 435 that I can't believe on the ground. How the hell do you give up 435? Your scout team should be better than that. Let's say you average 70 yd drives that 6+ TD drives doing nothing but handing off. Florida totally crapped the bed.
AvidAggie
AG
APHIS AG said:

AvidAggie said:

I think not? But I don't know.
Dr. Teeth
AG
APHIS AG said:

AvidAggie said:

Than Notre Dame? Very possible.
vonmazor
Dr. Teeth said:

APHIS AG said:

AvidAggie said:

Than Notre Dame? Very possible.

Yes.
Old Sarge
AG
aggiedad7 said:

AvidAggie said:

It's the 435 that I can't believe on the ground. How the hell do you give up 435? Your scout team should be better than that. Let's say you average 70 yd drives that 6+ TD drives doing nothing but handing off. Florida totally crapped the bed.
You could see, even with the first couple minutes in the 1st. Quarter that many players on the Florida squad had "quit". Not opt out, as they were on the field, but just flat out played not to get hurt, lack of effort, not gonna try kinda QUIT. Not because they were losing, but checked out from the first whistle.

Receivers (I know, second team) not close to running routes correctly or crisply. No fight for "jump balls". Watching the defender intercept the ball and doing nothing to stop it, or him after the interception. Linemen flat out not blocking or making contact when they could. Defenders in position to make a hard, meaningful tackle and pulling up, not even trying to make it look good, often several on one play. No hustle from the first kickoff. No effort that remotely looked like football almost across the board, from most players representing the University of Florida.

If this does not paint a clear picture of what a 4 team playoff by a "selection committee" (read Blue Blood Protectors here), allowing players to "opt out" with NO repercussions, and recruiting for talent tossing character aside gets a program, nothing does. I know, some will say OU showed up. Yeah, they did, likely because they were out of the playoff after the first 3 games this year and were playing for pride and for next year's positions at that point. and knew it. But when teams like Florida have the dream all year until the last week or so to not be in the "final four" by committee, they get their feelings hurt, and end up doing like Florida did tonight, damaging their school's and conference's reputations with a puke worthy effort.

That absolute crappy, "Pro Bowl" like performance will become the norm for many teams until we change the playoff selection method/number of teams/ or do away with it all together. I hope the Aggie Football team was watching that absolutely HORRIBLE effort and showing by Florida, as the same fate awaits them, and us, if they mentally opt out because we were not "selected".

"Green" is the new RED.
94chem
AvidAggie said:

More impressive than 31. Less impressive than 39.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.