Story Poster
Photo by Joseph Maiorana-USA TODAY Sports
Texas A&M Football

Cole Cubelic offers his thoughts on Ohio State making the CFP

December 22, 2020

Editor’s note: You definitely want to watch this interview with Cole Cubelic as the transcript does not do his thoughts on the College Football Playoff selection justice. Enjoy, Ags!

Key notes from Cole Cubelic interview

• I do think Max Johnson is the future in Baton Rouge. He has an excellent grasp of that offense, and after watching him this weekend, it's no doubt to me that he is the guy moving forward. I was not surprised by the changes on the LSU staff. They needed to make some moves. It'll be interesting to see where Ed O and the Tigers go from here.

• Billy Napier was who I wanted from the get-go at Auburn. I thought he would get it. He does a great job building culture and recruiting and has experience with both Saban and Dabo. They had him yesterday, and that fell through. At this point, I don't know where this goes. I've heard names like Brent Venables and Steve Sarkisian but don't see either of those happening. Maybe now it's Bill Clark or Mario Christobal. If they're still sitting here in two weeks without a coach, they'll probably have to give it to Kevin Steele.

• I don't for sure know that Ohio State is one of the four best teams in the country. They beat two teams above .500. The reality is that the B1G is not a good conference this year. They rarely played on consecutive weekends this season. The debate all last week was Clemson-Notre Dame. I think Ohio State got in because of the logo the name brand, and what they think that team MIGHT be, not because of what we've seen on the field. The message that you've sent is that playing the games is not enough. They've set the standard that perception matters more than anything else. If you ask me, there were more than a couple of other teams more worthy of a playoff spot than the Ohio State Buckeyes. Editor's note: A transcript does not do this rant justice. Please go listen to Cole.

• I'll say this about the Texas A&M offensive line: They have been so much fun to watch this season. Them, combined with Isaiah Spiller, have been a lot of fun to watch. I think Kenyon Green has been the best individual offensive lineman in this league, and there's a lot of them. Then you throw in the other guys on the line, but even Jalen Wydermtyer as a tight end putting his hand in the dirt and blocking. Then you see Spiller line up and fullback and blocking. It's evident that it is a team culture at Texas A&M.
Discussion from...

Cole Cubelic offers his thoughts on Ohio State making the CFP

4,707 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Meximan
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ainias in our last game was lined up at left wing and blocked one rusher and got in the way of another one a play that Spiller scored on iirc, too. Plus our wideouts and released tackles and guards like Carson Green can be seen blocking clear across the field downfield both on runs and quick release on passing, too. Fun to watch!
LatinAggie1997
Meximan
When your wideouts and tailbacks enthusiatically block for each other you know you've got a good thing going.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.