Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Our Offense Will Be Absolutely Sick Next Year

7,636 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by yell_on_6th st
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
RB-Smith, Spiller, and Achane......best in the country
TE-Wydemyer, Cupp.........best in the country
WR-good group of returners despite attrition
QB-I think this will be the biggest surprise of all, King becomes king of the SEC, better than all other SEC QBs
O Line- 2 or 3 starters decide to come back for the extra year added by the Kung Flu.
West Point Aggie
AG
Don't forget...after a year under his belt, Demas will own the conference!
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
Jarrin' Jay
AG
12thmanfootball said:

O Line- 2 or 3 starters decide to come back for the extra year added by the Kung Flu.

No indication of that, but it would be nice. If the 2021 is average to good we should have a good offense. It will be run based as King is brought along, but I do expect an upgrade at QB over the course of King's development.

2020 OL is very good to elite.
Mr. Ectomy
AG
A QB who is a legit threat to run can really put a lot of pressure on a defense.
rahb16
AG
There's certainly going to be some frustrating plays with breaking in a new QB in a Jimbo offense but it is exciting to have all those weapons with an upgrade in the passing game. Mond has been good, King can be great in this offense
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Jarrin' Jay said:

12thmanfootball said:

No indication of that, but it would be nice. If the 2021 is average to good we should have a good offense. It will be run based as King is brought along, but I do expect an upgrade at QB over the course of King's development.

I could see hocker and McCollum potentially coming back. Moore and Right tackle green going pro. Maybe not but McCollum could use more tape,1 year starter and I think hocker is most likely an Undrafted free agent.
greg.w.h
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

12thmanfootball said:

I could see hocker and McCollum potentially coming back. Moore and Right tackle green going pro. Maybe not but McCollum could use more tape,1 year starter and I think hocker is most likely an Undrafted free agent.
Carson Green.
Gyles Marrett
I mean I think he's going to be the real deal. I would likely need to put on my maroon colored glasses to say that a true freshman QB will be king of the SEC. We've seen it with Johnny and Tua but already placing him in that category of expectations is tough.
rootube
AG
As much as I would love to have these guys back. It's hard to imagine this group improving on their individual performances from this year. It would seem like perfect timing to test the NFL.
safety guy
AG
The skill positions will be unreal. If the line holds up and the qb play is good, watch out. This is going to be a dynamic offense.
Macarthur
OL is such a chemistry thing, there will be some unknown there. Could have to replace several folks.
goadius6
AG
friend of mine plugged into OU athletic department told me demas reached out to them...he would not bs me about it.
Rule#2
AG
12thmanfootball said:

QB-I think this will be the biggest surprise of all, King becomes king of the SEC, better than all other SEC QBs

Pump the brakes Mrs. Cupp
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
TopoTacos
AG
Rule#2 said:

12thmanfootball said:

Pump the brakes Mrs. Cupp

Sure, he's got to stay healthy... but Wydermyer is a top-3 TE in the country this season and if Cupp is anywhere near ready, there aren't too many TE groups that come to mind ahead of us.
wbt5845
AG
Mr. Ectomy said:

A QB who is a legit threat to run can really put a lot of pressure on a defense.
So I've heard....

TopoTacos
AG
Re:King, he could easily be top-5 in the SEC next season. Not guaranteed, but almost every other SEC program (outside of... Mizzou?) has a question mark at QB next year. (Auburn can't be happy with Nix, can they?)

It's gonna be a wide open league.
Evanhue
AG
As always, it will depend on the OL.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
I hope not, I don't want them catching covid
Macarthur
TopoTacos said:

Re:King, he could easily be top-5 in the SEC next season. Not guaranteed, but almost every other SEC program (outside of... Mizzou?) has a question mark at QB next year. (Auburn can't be happy with Nix, can they?)

The kid has great potential. I just hope he puts on some lbs...he looked so tiny out there against Bama.
12law
AG
Look at the block by the right tackle on that play. Pancaked the DE and hit the linebacker before Johnny hit the hole. Our o line hasn't been this good since 2012 and I'm worried how the o line will stack up once these guys are gone.
GolfAg93
S
rahb16 said:

There's certainly going to be some frustrating plays with breaking in a new QB in a Jimbo offense but it is exciting to have all those weapons with an upgrade in the passing game. Mond has been good, King can be great in this offense

Makes me wonder how Jameis Winston was able to be as great as he was his redshirt freshman year.
83Aggie
AG
O line is a question mark. On numerous broadcasts, all 4 upperclassmen are considered picks in the draft. Returning would be K Green, our best. I see Robinson at one of the Gs. Bankhead sounds like he is likely to start. The other options would be Matthews, Smart, Trainor, and Morriss. It will be a young line.
merch
I would love OL to come back but it appears that this is a case of "better as a group" than individual. In other words, I think some of them look better because of how they play as a unit and thus the draft stock for them may be as good as it will get????
Aggie1188
12thmanfootball said:

We'd really look good if we didn't run our slow-huddle offense all game, and if we threw the ball downfield.
Aggie1188
Macarthur said:

TopoTacos said:

The kid has great potential. I just hope he puts on some lbs...he looked so tiny out there against Bama.
I can't believe how dangerous running the ball King was. That kid can run the ball.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The OL is always the key. Unless several irrational decisions, we should be fine. Figure we need 2/4 of: Dan Moore, Carson Green, Ryan McCollum, and Jared Hocker. Would be nice if 3/4 stay.

Figure Kenyon can probably move to OT or stay at G. Figure Robinson is quality inside. Figure if necessary, we can hide 1 questionable OL.

Dan Moore and Carson Green are the most likely to get drafted. Both figure day 3 (4-7). Both can improve their draft prospects by getting stronger and tightening up technique.

Dan Moore
-They prefer a taller frame
-Needs to get stronger for next level
-Some questions about agility and whether he can play OT next level

Carson Green
-Foot agility questionable for next level
-Must get stronger
-Smart, but parts of technique need improvement- balance, second-level angles
(balance can be improved with leg and core strengthening)

I bet we get 3/4 back. If healthy, we should be really good next year.
omc

Don't mean to throw water on the fire but what do we do if mond decides to come back for another year
Macarthur
AggieNFL said:

Macarthur said:

TopoTacos said:

I can't believe how dangerous running the ball King was. That kid can run the ball.
No doubt he's really fast and elusive. But he is pretty slight. He's listed at 6'2" 200lbs. I think the 200 is generous. I'm sure he will bulk out some. I just know he will take some big hits playing in the SEC.

I mean nothing negative regarding his skills. I think he's got a very bright future.
74AnimalA
AG
Not quite into the Kool-Aid yet.

The reason this Year's O-Line is so good, is they have 4 years playing together. Now, some say they aren't the best Technical Players, but 4 years of learning to play as a team.......

After this year, I think it's in their best interest to go start making money. This year their performance is good, as is their health. Next year is no guarantee.

And whomever is the QB, they won't have 4 years of watching film. Nor will they have 3 years of Jimbo's coaching.

I'm excited at our returning RB's, TE's and the receivers should also be improved.

But we are at the wrong end of the learning curve with the Next 11 on O.
Pumpkinhead
AG
All 4 OL seniors are expected to get invites to NFL camps, so folks may be jumping the gun expecting any of those guys, much less 2 of them To return. We will find out soon enough. But the NFL siren call is typically strong.

I personally think 0 returning is more likely than 2 returning.
Azariah
AG
Pipe down and save it for the cold and lonely hell of the off-season.

I'm still enjoying this year!
TAM85
Trading another year at A&M for being a FA camp invitee who doesn't make the 53 man or 5 person practice squad is probably not a good deal. Maybe another year at A&M would help. So I hope we get 2 of the 4 seniors back. If we only have to fill 2 spots on the OL, it may be vert good again.
aggiephoenix02
That advice is perfect...
Agsuffering@bulaw
How much money? Unless early on day 3, they are looking at a few hundred k tops in guaranteed.

Return. Get a little stronger. Clean up a few technique issues. Could play themselves into serious money.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
12thmanfootball said:

Why are you still following Aggie Football?

Quote:

If we hire Jimbo Fisher, I will no longer follow A&M Football

This will be the last straw. Athletic Director's job would be in jeopardy, too!!!
'member that? Texags remembers.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.