Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M vs LSU game results over the years

4,275 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1914 A&M 69 LSU 9

ABATTBQ87
AG
1917 A&M 27 LSU 0

ABATTBQ87
AG
1922 A&M 47 LSU 0

ABATTBQ87
AG
1923 A&M 28 LSU 0

ABATTBQ87
AG
1943 A&M 28 LSU 13

ABATTBQ87
AG
1944 A&M 7 LSU 0

swc93
AG
Nice to read about those boys from Texas A. and M. C.

Print copy for one of the ads has beter instead of better. Save money on print setting or just old spelling?
ABATTBQ87
AG
1955 A&M 28 LSU 0

ABATTBQ87
AG
1956 A&M 9 LSU 6

ABATTBQ87
AG
1970 A&M 20 LSU 18

ABATTBQ87
AG
1974 A&M 21 LSU 14

ABATTBQ87
AG
1975 A&M 39 LSU 8

Aggie2
And then there's all those other games with LSU.
cj774
AG
Kinda funny to see the relevant ads during the different time periods. But very cool. Thanks for this!
JA83
AG
The first time I ever watched a full college game on TV was A&M vs. LSU back in the '70s. The uniforms were what caught my attention - Bellard's Aggies with striped shoulders and LSU with the yellow helmets - both were unusual, and the game was close. I think it was at Kyle because there were lots of Cadets in the stands.

Edit: The game must have been in Baton Rouge - the historical schedule shows all Aggie - Tiger match ups in the '70s being there.
greg.w.h
AG
Ha...your 1975 one has an as for the calculator I bought in Singapore the next summer: HP-21!!
aglaes
AG
Picture from 1923 says that is Dixie Stadium. I can't find any history on a Dixie Stadium. I found where Tiger Stadium was opened the year after in 1924. Also said that prior to 1924, LSU played its home games at State Field.
aglaes
AG
cj774 said:

Kinda funny to see the relevant ads during the different time periods. But very cool. Thanks for this!
The 1970 paper with the "Gain Weight" ad. Not likely to see that come back any time soon.
aglaes
AG
1917 Battalion has scores of games in lower right corner. Baylor beat Simmons 103-0. Damn.
TAMU74
AG
I love the old ads.
Traveler
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

1975 A&M 39 LSU 8

Never knew CT's got their Sr. boots at "Margo's la Mode"
aglaes
AG
All time. 20-34-3 vs LSU :-(
Jimbo4win
AG
1943..Aggie B Team downs Hearne..that's awesome!
Slamn Sharpe
We need a video of the games they ripped us. One was a no call/INT that ended the game
aggiejim70
AG
I was there. The late great Dan Cook of The San Antonio News reported .... McElroy caught the ball, there was nothing but green grass and white stripes between him and the goal line. He didn't stumble.

I'll concede the point you can only get so drunk. That's worse I ever got. The old Ags couldn't buy enough drinks and the bars don't close.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Alpha Texan
AG
That first headline says, "farmers' overwhelm..." why is there an apostrophe on farmers?????
Rock1982
AG
Great thread!

Thanks ABATTBQ87!
GettingOld
AG
that 1917 paper is awesome....thanks for posting that.

"Farmer backfield star whose toe work was largely responsible for Saturday's victory"

not to be outdone....it appears 15 t-sips were procured for bayonet drills
ABATTBQ87
AG
aglaes said:

Picture from 1923 says that is Dixie Stadium. I can't find any history on a Dixie Stadium. I found where Tiger Stadium was opened the year after in 1924. Also said that prior to 1924, LSU played its home games at State Field.
I did some digging and it seems that the picture of Dixie Stadium was in reference to the Sewanee Tiger game in Fair Park Stadium in Dallas. Image from 1923

That stadium was the home of the Dixie Classic, which the Aggies had played in 1922, and some kid by the name of Gill became famous

YankAg13
AG
I love the creative nicknames newspapers used in the early years -they knew how to spice up headlines! Farmers, Pelicans, Cadets, Texans.

Also found it amusing that the Aggies blew out LSU in 1923, but were holding back so to not show too much to mighty SMU coming up the next week!
Krautag81
ABATTBQ87 said:

1975 A&M 39 LSU 8

Calculators were $195 in 1975, no wonder I had to count on my fingers.
Herknav
AG
//Beat lsu in Baton Rouge is the key to making this a rivalry. Out of 58 meetings (first in 1899), our Ags have won 10 games in red stick, with the last win in '95. Up or down year, tigers always play us tough and Saturday's game will make/break our season.//just my thoughts. //
//Herknav sends//
MidTnAg
AG
Krautag81 said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

1975 A&M 39 LSU 8

Calculators were $195 in 1975, no wonder I had to count on my fingers.
Hand calculators were not available while I was a student in the 1960s. We had slide rules instead.
MidTnAg
AG
1970 A&M 20 LSU 18

Dave Elmendorf had one interception and recovered two fumbles in that 1970 huge upset of LSU. Otherwise a terrible season for us and was essentially the end for Coach Stallings.

Dave was the only football player I ever saw studying in the library. And he was there essentially every evening I was there which was often.

Dave was an All-Star in several different ways during his stay in Aggieland. He was very smart and made excellent grades. One of the football coaches told me he was easily the best player in the Fish class. He also excelled in varsity sports making All-American teams at A&M in both football and baseball and played several years as a safety in the NFL. Easily one of the best two sport stars we have ever had in Aggieland.

Our sophomore class was easily the best class of recruits in the SWC. Maybe one of our best classes ever. Lex James (Houston) #1 rated QB recruit in Texas; Brad Dusek (Temple) was #2. Coach Stallings was an incredible recruiter, but definitely not a player's coach. His record shows it.
SchizoAg
AG
YankAg13 said:

I love the creative nicknames newspapers used in the early years -they knew how to spice up headlines! Farmers, Pelicans, Cadets, Texans.

Also found it amusing that the Aggies blew out LSU in 1923, but were holding back so to not show too much to mighty SMU coming up the next week!
Apparently "Pelicans" was the first nickname of LSU teams, starting in 1896.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana_State_University_traditions#Nickname

That 1914 article uses both "Tigers" and "Pelicans", so I guess both nicknames coexisted for many years.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.