Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Moderation Notice as Football Season Starts

13,415 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by My Name Is Judge
WatchOle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Texas A&M Football (forum),

Here is a brief moderation notice as the football season gets under way:

We ask that you keep separate the discussions of an A&M athlete's athletic performance from the discussions of an A&M Athlete's political or social activism. You are NOT welcome to merge these two topics and critique an individual's athletic performance out of frustration with their political/social position or critique their political/social position out of frustration with athletic performance. Please keep these lanes of discussion clear of one another.

Can we still discuss an A&M athlete's athletic performance here on football forum? Yes, you can - if done civilly and constructively.

Can we still discuss an A&M athlete's political or social activism here on football forum? No, that goes on the Politics forum.

Emotions can run hot with A&M football and emotions can run hot with politics. Let's not let the combination of the two turn this place into a stew of nastiness. Agreed?

Be forewarned, we will be calling a TIGHT strike zone and those crossing the line will receive swift bans.

Thanks and Gig'em!

Brandon
Ifishandlie
AG
You might as well ban half the posters on here today
MaroonStain
AG
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

(All of them including the football ones played tomorrow)
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Spyderman
AG
Why?

$$?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best news about A&M football in years!
atm0812
AG
Spyderman said:

Why?

$$?

Because the majority of posters/readers want it. There's only a small percentage of people constantly bringing it up and ruining the forum for everyone else. Let us enjoy or be frustrated only by what happens on the field.
Hey Nav
AG
Good luck, Brandon.

Should be an interesting day. For myself, I shall behave.

Beat the covid19 hell outta Vanderbilt!!!
schmendeler
AG
Thanks, Brandon.
redd38
AG
WatchOle said:

Be forewarned, we will be calling a TIGHT strike zone and those crossing the line will receive swift bans.

Take it to the baseball board
impavidus
AG
Thank you staff.

Let's treat all with respect and come together as a fanbase.
Bunk Moreland
Thanks staff
Texagsubscriber
Please also ban those who claim they are glad they cancelled their tickets and have better things to do. They are the worst.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
JRB78
AG
Good news. I'm looking forward to having a football board again.
Squadron7
AG
So if we see a field goal that was blatantly and obviously doinked off the goal post in protest we're just supposed to take it?
UTExan
The mods here are the most balanced and fair people I have ever encountered and I place complete trust in their collective judgements.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Just Tired
Squadron7 said:

So if we see a field goal that was blatantly and obviously doinked off the goal post in protest we're just supposed to take it?

depends on whether it doinks off the left one or the right one.
DUman08
AG
Welcome to "Whack-a-mole 2020"
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
vander54
S
I see a few of you have decided to test things on this post.

It is really simple keep politics out of something that's not political. For example game performance. And when politics are brought up keep it civil.
Traveler
AG
Are you trying to imply that an athlete's athletic abilities have nothing to do with his personal opinions?

Commie.
Slamn Sharpe
Ifishandlie said:

You might as well ban half the posters on here today

A moment the other half of us have been waiting for
aggie813
UTExan said:

The mods here are the most balanced and fair people I have ever encountered and I place complete trust in their collective judgements.

Brown noser.
ColleyvilleAg06
AG
Finally. Long overdue. Let the ban hammer flow.
wangus12
AG
vander54 said:

It is really simple keep politics out of something that's not political. For example game performance. And when politics are brought up keep it civil.
While I agree, tell that to the athletes.
BSCE84ag
AG
I already have that ban on my viewing preference. I dont need the viewpoints of the playas
TXAggie2011
AG
wangus12 said:

vander54 said:

Well, lets first be clear that this board didn't go down the can and become an extension of the politics board the last couple of months because Kellen Mond mixed football and politics.

Second, all staff is saying is keep the discussion separate. If you want to talk about both, you can hop back and forth between forums. Its not like you have to pick one forum and you're locked out of the other.

vander54
S
wangus12 said:

vander54 said:

Can you control the athletes?

Also there is a forum for politics.
West Point Aggie
AG
Good luck with that staff...
Let’s Go Brandon!
TheAngelFlight
Kellen Mond is a private citizen
black_ice
TheAngelFlight said:

Kellen Mond is a private citizen

Have you heard about his ancestors?
Speedystooth
AG
Great news staff! It has been a parade of ignorance..
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AggieOO
Staff is going to have a long day tomorrow.

I am glad this decision was finally made. Kudos, and godspeed, especially after posters have greased the wheels with a few beers and the first mention of social justice happens during our telecast.
Texagsubscriber
She is a fan of Colby Covington and Herschel Walker's actions but God forbid that Kellen Mond says something. Hypocrite much.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
annie88
AG
BTW,

I will be at the stadium tomorrow night supporting my Aggies. I do not believe in cancel culture and I've had season tickets for 33 years and I ain't gonna stop now. But I don't have to agree with what my quarterback says either, and he doesn't have to care what I say.

Some of you are way too sensitive about this.

BTHOVandy
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.