Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler Murray has 100 yards rushing

11,269 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
ashley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many years do we have to hear he is gonna get hurt. Everyone gets hurt sometime. Can Newton is 6'5" 250 and he was hurt all year.
BTW. He ran ran the ball 14 times yesterday
for 91 yards and 2 td's and never got touched.
He either scored, stepped out of bounds or slid down. He has something unique you have to admit. Cam at 250 might get hurt before Kyler does.
GigEmReggie
People here really believed he left because he was scared of the SEC? Did y'all think he didn't know we were in the SEC when he signed? Or was it just scarier seeing it up close?
GigEmReggie
People weren't talking about the average injury with Kyler in the NFL. Most thought the little guy was going to get broken in half.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I honestly thought the MLB would be a better fit for him, When the Oakland Athletics selected Murray ninth overall in the Major League Baseball first-year player draft in June 2018, the A's gave him a $4.66 million signing bonus and allowed him to return to Oklahoma for his junior season to play football. Then, they offered him an additional $14 million to play baseball.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/kyler-murray-oakland-athletics-bonus-money

So far, he has proven me wrong. As a die hard 49ers fan, I have watched him frustrate Nick Bosa and the 49ers defense in all three games. The 49ers were fortunate to sweep the Cardinals last season; 28-25 win in Glendale, Arizona on 10/31/19 and 36-26 win in Santa Clara, California on 11/17/19, but not yesterday.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nick-bosa-49ers-pass-rush-frustrated-kyler-murray-week-1-loss
Aggies2009
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

shhhh dont let facts get in the way of a good narrative
Sunday Night Football viewership down 20% from last year.

So much for it being a "narrative"!
TXAggie2011
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Jules_Winnfield said:

Don't get so bent out of shape over something so silly.... you think the NFL cares if you watch or not?

NFL is raking in money whether you watch or not...

But you SHOW'EM
They're losing quite a bit of money this year, actually. And have been trending downward since 2017.
Their revenue and viewership went up both in 2018 and 2019 from the year prior. I digress, as that also has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Oh I meant viewership. Should've clarified.

Regardless, they're losing fans and losing money. Good enough for me.

They are losing fans for sure, which will lead to lost money from lost merchandise sales etc..,
gggmann
AG
on the other hand Kirk did nothing in the game - one drop and one PI if I remember correctly. I thought Hopkins on the outside would open up the middle for Kirk.
TexAggie1999
NyAggie said:

Quote:

Oh I meant viewership. Should've clarified.

Regardless, they're losing fans and losing money. Good enough for me.

They are losing fans for sure, which will lead to list money from list merchandise sales etc..,

Hopefully people continue to stay away from the NFL and their Social Justice Warrior league. I dropped out of my Fantasy Football League because I have zero desire to promote a league that supports the racist and fabricated BLM movement. First time in two decades. Several others dropped out as well. I don't know if they found enough replacement's to have a season or not.

Haven't decided on watching college games or not. If Sully had come down, I would be out. If the Aggies wear a BLM patch or similar blatanly racist social justice message, I will not watch them and hope they lose.

#CancelNFL

Gil Renard
AG
People must have missed the huge 28-0 hole when they owned kyler. Did that not happen? Ohhh but but 300 yds. It's not what offensive yards they got it's WHEN they got them. Amazing

TexAgs was right. But KM did what was best for him. Week in week out he would have affected his draft stock in a bad way had he stayed in the SEC. Bama happened
ABATTBQ11
AG
Johnny would have done better in the NFL if he didn't get stuck in what is probably the most dysfunctional organization in football history. They had 11(!) different starting QB's in 5 years from 2014 when Johnny got there to 2018 when they finally seemed to have settled on Mayfield. That place was a revolving door.
DGAG92
AG
And Spud Webb could dunk......yipeeeee!!
Aggie_Swag18
Jarrin' Jay said:

Kyler was absolutely 100% scared to play in the SEC while at A&M, the hit he took that "knocked him out" of the Auburn game was routine and no starting SEC QB should have had to leave the game for that. Now, as a true fish weighing what he did soaking wet with concrete shoes, I would have been scared too. The point being he should not have been playing as his body was not mature enough. As an upper classmen he would have been fine, or even as a soph. or RS Fr. after an adjustment period. Playing against Alabama, Auburn, and LSU as a true FR is not like playing vs. AZ State. The failure of Kyler at A&M is 100000% on Sumlin.

I do not foresee a long NFL career for him, however, if he keeps running around like that. There is a reason that success in the NFL as a QB is dominated by guys like Peyton, Brady, Brees, etc., etc. Kyler is nothing new, and if Michael Vick couldn't change the game, neither will Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray.

Kyler can be electric, but he is one good pop from being done for the year when he gets absolutely crushed by an LB or even a hard-hitting S.

Just another Sumlin CF............
That's a very small sample size to justify statues having a longer career. Being a pocket passer does not exclude you from injury. Alex Smith broke his leg on a pass play. Roethlisberger got injured from throwing in the pocket. Every quarterback regardless of if they run or not is one hit away from being out for the year.

Michael Vick played in a different era. Today everyone is moving towards a spread offense, quarterbacks are starting training at a younger age, and they have football almost year round with personal coaches, camps, and 7v7. When their careers are done Wilson and Mahomes will have taken almost every passing record from those three you mentioned.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
AgPediRPh
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

Murray is 100% on Sumlin. End of story. No grudge against the kid.
Exactly. Plus, he won a Heisman and was the #1 pick; I doubt that would have happened if he stayed at A&M. As much as I love the Ags, Kyler made the right choice for himself.
Warbledwrassler
The dude proved me completely wrong. I've learned my lesson.
HTownAg
AG
WC94 said:

in the NFL. He wasn't scared of the SEC. We **** the bed and didn't change the sheets.
Good for him! Wish him nothing but the best!
TXAggie2011
AG
Kyler Murray was too afraid to play in the SEC, but not too afraid to play in the NFL.

That checks out.
TXAggie2011
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Johnny would have done better in the NFL if he didn't get stuck in what is probably the most dysfunctional organization in football history. They had 11(!) different starting QB's in 5 years from 2014 when Johnny got there to 2018 when they finally seemed to have settled on Mayfield. That place was a revolving door.
Johnny would have stuck around longer if he wasn't one of the most dysfunctional football players around, too.

Every other quarterback Johnny played with his 2 years got picked up by at least one more NFL team. Even Connor Shaw managed to be given a look by the Chicago Bears.

That Manziel, a young, 1st round draft pick couldn't get another look is on him.
tk for tu juan

MaroonStain
AG
Kyler is good. I was wrong about his potential for success in the NFL.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
tjack16
AG

Murray to Kirk in maroon and white for 3 years could have been a lot of fun
RadAg14
AG
tjack16 said:

could have been a lot of fun

The true tagline of the program
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.