Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyler Murray has 100 yards rushing

11,200 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
WC94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
in the NFL. He wasn't scared of the SEC. We **** the bed and didn't change the sheets.
BMX Bandit
WC94 said:

in the NFL. He wasn't scared of the SEC. We **** the bed and didn't change the sheets.

Aren't the sheets in Tucson?

Work on your metaphors
Ags4DaWin
LOL NO
WC94
AG
BMX Bandit said:

WC94 said:

Aren't the sheets in Tucson?

Work on your metaphors

I'm drinking, leave me alone!
Toptierag2018
He's a beast
AggieOO
WC94 said:

He never was scared of the SEC. You read too much texags.
Post removed:
by user
RadAg14
AG
just another L for the TexAgs coaching committee
agz win
AG
Prima Donnas gotta Donna, Karen.

Effe him.
SpiderDude
AG
RoyalOak00 said:

Doing things Manziel never could. Amazing. Huge Sumlin mistake he'll reflect back on in due time.

Sumlin doesn't give a **** about that... that's why he's not coaching here anymore.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
runontexas
AG
If Sumlin went with Kyler early he'd be a two time champ with a statue out front.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL, I remember my fist beer
PyriteAg
AG
TexAgs was wrong about something in football.

In other news, water is wet.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Glad for him.

I used to work out with his dad in Netum Steed.

Good for Kevin Jr.
amercer
AG
So that old saying that if you've got two quarterbacks, you don't have one?

We had two NFL starters....
tk for tu juan
yell_on_6th st
AG
NFL = BLM, eff em
Jules_Winnfield
Don't get so bent out of shape over something so silly.... you think the NFL cares if you watch or not?

NFL is raking in money whether you watch or not...

But you SHOW'EM
zephyr88
AG
KM highlight reel looked pretty good today. Can't take that away from him.
runontexas
AG
Jules_Winnfield said:

Don't get so bent out of shape over something so silly.... you think the NFL cares if you watch or not?

But you SHOW'EM

yell_on_6th st
AG
runontexas said:

Jules_Winnfield said:

But you SHOW'EM

I don't watch *******
Aggies2009
AG
Jules_Winnfield said:

But you SHOW'EM
They're losing quite a bit of money this year, actually. And have been trending downward since 2017.
Panama Red
AG
Losing money from having no fans in the stands this year. Watching or not watching doesn't have any effect on their revenue this year.

Also, they aren't tending down in revenue since 2017. It's gone up over 15% since that year.
cajunaggie08
AG
shhhh dont let facts get in the way of a good narrative
West Point Aggie
AG
Good for Kyler...clearly shows the talking points of being afraid of the SEC were pure BS...another whiff by A&M in the QB race (surprised we did not f*** up Johnny)
vansprinkle
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Good for Kyler...clearly shows the talking points of being afraid of the SEC were pure BS...another whiff by A&M in the QB race (surprised we did not f*** up Johnny)

I mean, it was 5? years ago that he tried his hand at playing for us. There is a big difference in a kid that had been playing in high school the year before to a kid that's a junior/senior in college and certainly a big difference between that kid and one that's in his second year in the Pros.

It's fair to say that as a true freshman he wasn't ready to play for us. Johnny was amazing, but he also had a redshirt year, something that would have been great for Kyler. Let's add that after Kylers failed attempt to play for us, he sat a year at OU before being thrust into action.

I'll add that in honestly think Johnny could have had a lot more success in the NFL if he had gone to a different team that didn't have designed run plays for him. Much like he did with RG3, little Shanahan ruined an NFL QB by trying to force them into being a running back, versus a QB that scrambles out of pressure.
amercer
AG
Well, that and all the cocaine
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am die hard San Francisco 49ers fan and was disappointed to watch the defending NFC Champion 49ers lose 24-20 at home, but I am happy for Kyler Murray.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
As a die hard 49ers fan, I am glad the 49ers hired Kyle Shanahan in 2017. Robert Griffin III and Johnny Manziel, were not fit for Shanahan's system, but Matt Ryan and Jimmy Garoppolo have thrived under Shannahan.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Murray is 100% on Sumlin. End of story. No grudge against the kid.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Kyler was absolutely 100% scared to play in the SEC while at A&M, the hit he took that "knocked him out" of the Auburn game was routine and no starting SEC QB should have had to leave the game for that. Now, as a true fish weighing what he did soaking wet with concrete shoes, I would have been scared too. The point being he should not have been playing as his body was not mature enough. As an upper classmen he would have been fine, or even as a soph. or RS Fr. after an adjustment period. Playing against Alabama, Auburn, and LSU as a true FR is not like playing vs. AZ State. The failure of Kyler at A&M is 100000% on Sumlin.

I do not foresee a long NFL career for him, however, if he keeps running around like that. There is a reason that success in the NFL as a QB is dominated by guys like Peyton, Brady, Brees, etc., etc. Kyler is nothing new, and if Michael Vick couldn't change the game, neither will Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray.

Kyler can be electric, but he is one good pop from being done for the year when he gets absolutely crushed by an LB or even a hard-hitting S.

Just another Sumlin CF............
Aggies2009
AG
Panama Red said:

Losing money from having no fans in the stands this year. Watching or not watching doesn't have any effect on their revenue this year.

Also, they aren't tending down in revenue since 2017. It's gone up over 15% since that year.

Oh I meant viewership. Should've clarified.

Regardless, they're losing fans and losing money. Good enough for me.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
runontexas said:

If Sumlin went with Kyler early he'd be a two time champ with a statue out front.
Would that statue replace Sully?

Asking for a friend.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I agree with you about Kyler Murray's time at Texas A&M. In Kyler Murray's freshman year, Kevin Sumlin failed to prepare him for games against Alabama and and Auburn. That was Gus Malzahn's worst Auburn team that finished 7-6 (2-6 in SEC games) and dead last in the SEC West, and their only two SEC wins were over Kentucky and Texas A&M. If we had beaten Auburn at Kyle Field on 11/7/15, Auburn would have finished 5-7, but we got crushed 26-10.

Yes, pure pocket passers, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees have dominated the NFL with long careers. There are also pocket passers, with the ability to scramble, such as Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger. They specialize in scrambling when pass protection breaks down.

Lamar Jackson is actually a dual threat quarterback, who throws less than most quarterbacks. Last season, he completed 265 of 401 attempts for 3127 yards, but managed to throw 36 touchdown passes. On top of that, he had 176 rushing attempts for 1,206 yards and 7 touchdowns. Some of those were designed runs, but Jackson can complete passes from the pocket.

It remains to be determined if Kyler Murray will be another Michael Vick or Russell Wilson.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.