Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NFL Cuts - Aggies

11,217 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JustisWalkert
Ag9701
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was surprised to see D Mack was cut by the Giants. Also Q Davis was cut by the Vikings.
Alpha Texan
AG
I take it that Kendrick Rogers made it with the Cowboys, which kind of surprises me but also kind of doesn't since we've seen him make the catches scouts drool over.

You could say that it is surprising, yet expected.
TexAg91
AG
Kendrick was cut a couple of weeks ago
Ag9701
AG
B Williams was also cut by the Giants.
cheeky
AG
Keaton Sutherland cut by Dolphins yesterday
northeastag
AG
The career of the average NFL player is incredibly short. Of course, most of them probably think they will be in the precious few that make it 10-12 years.
Charlie Murphy
Do not understand Davis and Rogers leaving early. They may have played their last snaps of meaningful football.
Traveler
AG
who had Cullen Gallaspia having a longer NFL career than Daylon Mack in their futures bet?

wow.
Nosmo
AG
Ag9701 said:

B Williams was also cut by the Giants.
Giants roster moves: CBs Brandon Williams, KeiVarae Russell signed; Javon Leake, Christian Angulo waived

According to this link:

Quote:

The New York Giants have made the signing of cornerbacks Brandon Williams and KeiVarae Russell official.
Herne the Hunter
Charlie Murphy said:

Do not understand Davis and Rogers leaving early. They may have played their last snaps of meaningful football.

Maybe they got tired of Mond throwing the ball over their heads when they were wide open.
Stand Back & Stand By
Former Premium subscriber
Thisguy1
GWGuerrilla said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Maybe they got tired of Mond throwing the ball over their heads when they were wide open.

Or maybe Quartney already had his degree and Kendrick didn't like school.
TEXAS FINEST
IMO moving Davis to slot and starting Rogers outside cost them a productive season. Davis was better player as outside WR and Rogers made more plays as a backup role player...Mond deep ball inconsistencies didn't help them either
Ag9701
AG
That link is from a few days ago. I think he was cut yesterday. They did get Ratley today after he was cut from the Browns and released former 1st round BU receiver Coleman to make room for him.
monarch
S
Well, we are getting guys to the league, they just aren't staying.
Peace for Ukraine!
Slamn Sharpe
Charlie Murphy said:

Another year of NCAA football wasn't going to change their future. You either have it or you don't
ZofranAggie
AG
Joe Burrow would like a word
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
war hymn aggie
AG
another year, another season for an NFL Aggie Don Muhlbach....the equivalent of Nolan Ryan both in velocity & in longevity as he now enters his 17th NFL season as a deep snapper.

Also of note is that Trayveon Williams stuck with the Bengals, Damontre Moore stuck with the Seahawks where he joins Cedric Ogbuehi & Braden Mann won the job as the Jets punter.

I've been a somewhat apathetic fan of NFL games the past few years but decided to give up watching completely for awhile because of obvious reasons, so it's gonna be different not tuning in to an NFL game here and there simply to see how former A&M players fare.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Q had injury concerns and his game could not get much more developed. I wouldn't sell on q just yet.
W
AG
how did Mack get a 5-star rating out of high school?

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2015...cut after 1 season.

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2014...$100 MM extension in the offseason.

both texas aggies. Go figure
Thisguy1
W said:

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2014...$100 MM extension in the offseason.

Well for one, there's an enormous difference in size and body shapes in those two players. Mack's knock was his height. They also play different positions. I don't know that a defensive tackle is going to make Von or Myles money.

Did you follow Daylon in HS? He was incredible.
TEXAS FINEST
Q will end up on someone practice squad. Not having preseason games hurt alot of udfa
Agsuffering@bulaw
Agree. His game is polished enough that someone picks him up and stashes him.
fightinag
Alpha Texan said:

I take it that Kendrick Rogers made it with the Cowboys, which kind of surprises me but also kind of doesn't since we've seen him make the catches scouts drool over.

You could say that it is surprising, yet expected.
Nothing Coach Jerry Jones surprises me anymore !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
fightinag
Thisguy1 said:

W said:

Well for one, there's an enormous difference in size and body shapes in those two players. Mack's knock was his height. They also play different positions. I don't know that a defensive tackle is going to make Von or Myles money.

THAT WAS THEN .....THIS IS NOW!
In High school I had a full head of hair.....
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Thisguy1
fightinag said:

Thisguy1 said:

W said:

THAT WAS THEN .....THIS IS NOW!
In High school I had a full head of hair.....

Maybe so, but you aren't being being rated on your hair and beer gut now like Mack was on his ability in high school.
aeon-ag
McDadeTXAggie said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Another year of NCAA football wasn't going to change their future. You either have it or you don't
Pleeeeeeease tell mond this!!!!
W
AG
Mack may be another cautionary tale about star ratings for players from smaller classifications.

Gladewater is/was 3A.

he should have dominated in high school
Slamn Sharpe
ZofranAggie said:

Joe Burrow would like a word

Its called an anomaly, Google it. The players in question were out on the field. Burrow was sitting on the sideline and almost wasted away. Burrow's situation was very different
VatoLocoAggie
AG
How many Aggies are in the NFL now?
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Ag9701
AG
From what I saw...30....not counting any practice squad players.
Aston04
AG
W said:

mack's tape from hs is incredible. The problem is he is a classic case of tearing up games against small competition, but getting stonewalled by bigger guys once at a power 5.

He also didn't seem to be developed for the next level with any kind of urgency until fisher got here- so he lost time time to get ready to make the nfl jump.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
Traveler said:

who had Cullen Gallaspia having a longer NFL career than Daylon Mack in their futures bet?

wow.

If you study business the NFL is a great case study in numbers/performance. So much weighs into a decision:

Player numbers
Can they do other stuff (special teams)
Cap number
Performance
Salary
Injuries

The NFL is all business there are very few that will be the face of the franchise. Patty Mahomes will be.

There is also this factor of hard work and desire to stay in the league. I am sure someone like Gilly works his butt off just to scratch it out. Imagine if talented guys treated it the same way....get the reps, stay healthy and play hard.
AWP 97
AG
If Mack worked as hard as Gilly, he would be in the league.
Frok
AG
AWP 97 said:

Gilly is able to play special teams which allows him to hang around longer. I don't think Mack could be on special teams no matter how hard he tried.
bigcat22
AG
AWP 97 said:

So you're saying Gilly is a lunch pale type player, a real gym rat, coach on the field type
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.