Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

NFL Cuts - Aggies

11,196 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JustisWalkert
30wedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aston04 said:

W said:

how did Mack get a 5-star rating out of high school?

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2015...cut after 1 season.

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2014...$100 MM extension in the offseason.

both texas aggies. Go figure
mack's tape from hs is incredible. The problem is he is a classic case of tearing up games against small competition, but getting stonewalled by bigger guys once at a power 5.

He also didn't seem to be developed for the next level with any kind of urgency until fisher got here- so he lost time time to get ready to make the nfl jump.
Agree on the high school competition. When at a smaller school, you find guys who are the best of the 22 on the field at any one time, and that is the case for every game they play. Once in college, everyone on the field was probably in the same situation in high school, many of them against better competition, game in and game out.

Mack was big but it appeared to me a lot of those pounds were just pounds.
Bryanisbest
AG
W said:

the #1 defensive player in the state in 2014...$100 MM extension in the offseason.

T Rex had no wing spread. Doesn't cost you in high school.
VatoLocoAggie
AG
I wonder if we have the most NFL 53-man roster players in the NFL.

Most from a Texas school too I am guessing.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
levypantsEOY
W said:

The number one defensive player in Texas in 2015 was Malik Jefferson.... who just got cut from the Chargers yesterday.
Charlie Murphy
McDadeTXAggie said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Do not understand Davis and Rogers leaving early. They may have played their last snaps of meaningful football.

Another year of NCAA football wasn't going to change their future. You either have it or you don't
Something tells me thats not the internal monologue Q and Rogers has when they made their respective decisions.
Slamn Sharpe
Charlie Murphy said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Charlie Murphy said:

Do not understand Davis and Rogers leaving early. They may have played their last snaps of meaningful football.

Another year of NCAA football wasn't going to change their future. You either have it or you don't
Something tells me thats not the internal monologue Q and Rogers has when they made their respective decisions.

What do you think they were thinking? Surly they weren't thinking they would end up having long careers in the NFL given their production at the college level. These guys look around the league, see who's a senior, who's entering early... they educate themselves given what's at stake.

If they had stuck around for another year, they would have gone around the same area of the draft or signed as a UFA.

I think a lot of them are just sick of all the meetings, living in dorms, having little to no money and are ready to move on
Charlie Murphy
Could be right, I dont know. Hard to imagine someone playing football their whole lives then calling it quits a year early, especially when that could mean the difference in a lot of money. Like I said, I dont know, thats why the decision to leave was such a head scratcher.
northeastag
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Charlie Murphy said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Charlie Murphy said:

What do you think they were thinking? Surly they weren't thinking they would end up having long careers in the NFL given their production at the college level. These guys look around the league, see who's a senior, who's entering early... they educate themselves given what's at stake.

If they had stuck around for another year, they would have gone around the same area of the draft or signed as a UFA.

I think a lot of them are just sick of all the meetings, living in dorms, having little to no money and are ready to move on

Well now they certainly have the chance to get a real job, make some money, and live in an apartment instead of a dorm room. I don't know if they graduated, but hope so.

But it's a long season and with so many injuries each year to those that make opening day rosters, they may have the chance to get picked up during the year by someone.
Slamn Sharpe
Charlie Murphy said:

Could be right, I dont know. Hard to imagine someone playing football their whole lives then calling it quits a year early, especially when that could mean the difference in a lot of money. Like I said, I dont know, thats why the decision to leave was such a head scratcher.

Most students in college are ready for their collegiate career to be over around their JR year. The grind of school wears them down and the city starts to shrink. Factor that in with all the long days they have as student athletes and i can see them taking the leap. Even knowing they will most likely not have much of a career as a professional football player.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Q was projected 4-5 round by most services. He can get separation. He can play slot and outside. He lacks the length and/or speed the nfl typically wants from a high draft pick. He had maxed out most of his draft value and wanted to take his shot as opposed to putting another sec season on his body. He graduated. His process was reasonable.

Kendrick's was questionable. None of the services had him as anything but a late pick, and most not even that. My guess is he had enough of school.
TheEternalPessimist
Ag9701 said:

I was surprised to see D Mack was cut by the Giants. Also Q Davis was cut by the Vikings.
Can you use the word 'affirmatively released' instead of 'cut'? The word 'cut' as it relates to the black athlete has a strong victimizing contextual history when it is directed against athletes of color.

It would be nice if you would stand with marginalized athletes that have been oppressed by God as not being quite talented enough to play professionally.
concac
AG
TheEternalPessimist said:

Ag9701 said:

I was surprised to see D Mack was cut by the Giants. Also Q Davis was cut by the Vikings.
Can you use the word 'affirmatively released' instead of 'cut'? The word 'cut' as it relates to the black athlete has a strong victimizing contextual history when it is directed against athletes of color.

It would be nice if you would stand with marginalized athletes that have been oppressed by God as not being quite talented enough to play professionally.
Meanmachine
AG
Recruiting rankings don't make you a great player. Being coachable and work ethic make you great. Guys who are 5 star players most of the time rely on talent to achieve. Guys who have passion and a chip on there shoulder develop. Dan Marino is a classic case. He was so pissed that 4 qbs went ahead of him in the 83 draft that he was determined to prove everyone wrong.
Gil Renard
AG
Enjoyed watching Mack play for the Ags esp his last year
Gil Renard
AG
Gil Renard said:

Enjoyed watching Mack play for the Ags esp his last year

Disruptive player
sharpdressedman
Charlie Murphy said:

Sometimes a player runs out of classwork that can keep him eligible. This is merely an observation.
Kramer
AG
The issue for Mack was always his arm length. He was super explosive. A tremendous power guy that could do pretty well against a double team. However, his arms were just too short to utilize technique against more advanced Olinemen. He worked really hard his last years here and I really enjoyed his play.

There's nothing you can do about the length of your arms. Guy gave it everything he had. I wish him all the best.
JustisWalkert
AG
Picked up by Packers
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.