Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach Fisher ??

14,865 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by W
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
merch
Um, Jimbo has guaranteed money. He is now so rich he can say what he wants.
tamc91
AG
Maybe he should have Jason Glenn come talk to the team like a real Aggie head football coach.
samhoustonag
Look at the huge number of blacks murdered by blacks in Chicago, Detroit, DC, Baltimore, etc.

Where are Mond and BLM on this problem? Nary a word.

Swallow a camel and gag on a gnat.
JustisWalkert said:

Jimbo needs to address the team and the public NOW and get this whole thing under control. I don't know if he knows how rapidly the football program is losing the fan base. This cannot be allowed to fester.

I think this is a very valid point. Has Jimbo been seen or heard in public? Has he issued any information? This is a real leadership opportunity for him.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
PabloSerna
AG
Bachelor99 said:

mond is getting too big for his britches...he's a 4 loss - texas bowl quarterback.....bring home a natty and then we can talk

Uppity?

Some things never change. A black man speaks his mind and people tell him he getting "too big for his britches" - you sir, should be ashamed.

EDIT to delete "white people" I do not know if the poster is white or not.
zephyr88
AG
After the way Gundy was called out nationwide for wearing a branded t-shirt... at home... with his kids... perhaps Jimbo just wants to lay low and count his duckets?
TexAgs91
AG
Bachelor99 said:

mond is getting too big for his britches...he's a 4 loss - texas bowl quarterback.....bring home a natty and then we can talk
I'm not excusing him calling us racists and calling for defunding the corps for a natty. He attacked A&M.
Texas 1836
AG
PabloSerna said:

Bachelor99 said:

Uppity?

Some things never change. A black man speaks his mind and people tell him he getting "too big for his britches" - you sir, should be ashamed.

WHo said uppity?

ANd the only one who is focusing on race is you.

Thirsty Third
AG
"The whole world's watching."
Highway 6 runs both ways...
Tumble Weed
RetiredpostalMarine said:

Is it all right that your starting quarterback is calling for the defunding of The Corps of Cadets and calling them racist?

The Corps was here long before anyone on this campus and provided a substantial amount of officers to World War II. Mr. Mond needs to grow up and stop letting radicals think for him.
It is almost a bad joke at this point. Headline should read, Aggies find a way to Defund Themselves.

Spotted Ag
AG
Texas 1836 said:

PabloSerna said:

Bachelor99 said:

Uppity?

WHo said uppity?

Ummm, have you not seen the feelings about Manziel and Tannehill. Both QBs who happen to look different than Mond. YOU are the only one making it about the way someone looks. Seems like you are the one that has an issue with skin color. Better take that plank out of your eye...
Texas 1836
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Texas 1836 said:

PabloSerna said:

Bachelor99 said:

Uppity?

WHo said uppity?

Ummm, have you not seen the feelings about Manziel and Tannehill. Both QBs who happen to look different than Mond. YOU are the only one making it about the way someone looks. Seems like you are the one that has an issue with skin color. Better take that plank out of your eye...
What the hell are you talking about??

GarryowenAg
AG
12th Man Foundation has been put on notice.
TexAggie1999
Bachelor99 said:

A national championship wouldn't make what Mond is doing right. Even if by some miracle we won a national championship, Mond would still be despicable.
TexAggie1999
PabloSerna said:

Bachelor99 said:

Uppity?

It isn't because a black man is speaking his mind. It is because that black man is saying stupid things. You have a right to say what you want. If what you say is ridiculous, pathetic, and arrogant, others have a right to criticize you for it. There is NOTHING wrong with criticizing a black person if what they are doing is worthy of criticism. We all need to stop being wusses and speak out against the ridiculous behavior we are seeing across the country by many blacks, the liberal media, and pathetic corporations.

Below is a link to the latest pathetic corporation which I hope people stop supporting.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/white-christian-repent-racism-chick-fil-a-dan-cathy
HighwaySix
AG
So no one has the stones to say what needs to be said. "If you don't love it, leave it." The University would be far better off if it purged the perpetual trouble makers and focused on what is GOOD for the University.
Texas 1836
AG
HighwaySix said:

So no one has the stones to say what needs to be said. "If you don't love it, leave it." The University would be far better off if it purged the perpetual trouble makers and focused on what is GOOD for the University.
What if the University agrees with them?

HighwaySix
AG
Texas 1836 said:

HighwaySix said:

Then they should hit Highway 6, also.
Texas 1836
AG
HighwaySix said:

Texas 1836 said:

HighwaySix said:

Then they should hit Highway 6, also.
The University should hit Hwy 6? I'm not arguing, trying to understand your statement.

IamGroot
AG
HighwaySix said:

Sadly, I think this is true.

I just believe that the current University Leadership has completely different views of who "perpetual trouble makers" are and on "what is GOOD for the university". They appear to believe that the only positions that will be tolerated are those that conformto the SJW agenda.
Texas 1836
AG
IamGroot said:

HighwaySix said:

Sadly, I think this is true.

I just believe that the current University Leadership has completely different views of who "perpetual trouble makers" are and on "what is GOOD for the university". They appear to believe that the only positions that will be tolerated are those that conformto the SJW agenda.

That's what I'm saying. You are asking the school to purge them when the school agrees with them.

Aggie2
RetiredpostalMarine said:

Is it all right that your starting quarterback is calling for the defunding of The Corps of Cadets and calling them racist?

The Corps was here long before anyone on this campus and provided a substantial amount of officers to World War II. Mr. Mond needs to grow up and stop letting radicals think for him.
Same coach that defended Winston. You're spot on .
RetiredpostalMarine
Mond retweeted a thread from this group yesterday.

The Israelite Church of God in Jesus Christ (ICGJC, also Israelite Church-God & Jesus), formerly known as the Israeli Church of Universal Practical Knowledge, is an organization of Black Hebrew Israelites The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated the ICGJC as an active Hate Group.
The ICGJC teaches that the descendants of the Ten Lost Tribes and true biblical Jews are the Black Americans, West Indians, and Native Americans of North and South America and those scattered throughout the whole planet, but not the Jewish people or the Africans. The group claims that the "Black Israelites" have divine favor and inspiration and are superior to "Edomites" (white people) and all other non-Israelite people. They also hold strong apocalyptic views regarding the end of the world. The ICGJC believes that Yahawashi (Jesus) is God's divine Son and Messiah, and the redeemer for the sins of the Israelites and no other nation, that the Old and New Testament and Apocrypha are inspired Scripture, but the group does not believe in the doctrine of the Trinity.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the group's leaders are "obsessed with hatred for Edomites", and in 2008 had churches in cities in 10 US states. Its headquarters are in New York City, and its leader is known as "Chief High Priest Tazadaqyah".
I talk to him when I am lonesome like; and I am sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
Agsuffering@bulaw
Hwy 6 runs both ways!
tmaggies
AG
Seriously.......if true that is sick.
Federale01
AG
I won't root against him. He won't be the first Aggie who has said stupid things. Have you been to the politics board?
(removed:110450)
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
One of the smartest men in the world is a black man. Not that it matters, just saying that in response to the idea that anytime a black man speaks his mind about stuff and is told he is being dumb, it's because the people are racist.

Also the idea that black people are the only people who get labeled as "uppity" is laughable. We have spent the past three months making fun of Karen's in our society, and this is the exact same notion, just towards white women.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Grundy said:

Yeah I'm done with supporting Aggie football until he walks it back and apologizes

Ib4 "no one cares"

Don't want no apology. Done supporting until "He gone".
Cromagnum
AG
Grundy said:

Yeah I'm done with supporting Aggie football until he walks it back and apologizes

Ib4 "no one cares"

I'm done supporting it until he's kicked off the team or ages out. Of course, if there are more issues that surface, it may be longer than that.
oysterbayAG
AG
2020 is looking to be a LOST SEASON , with an asterisk !
C2 Ag 93
To be honest, I haven't been following Mond's statements about race, as I know the wider discussion in the country had gotten completely irrational. I respect the rights of anyone to say anything, it's a strongly held American value. That said, I have now lost all respect for Kellen Mond. That is my right as well. To call for the "defunding" of the Corps proves, in my mind, just how far people who hold Mond's views have, themselves, become the very thing they claim to hate --- racists.

As a former member of the Corps, I can say absolutely without any mental reservation that it is not a racist organization and, in fact, is completely the opposite. Each Corps member is challenged to come together with their fish buddies and put all stupid, worldly differences aside as they are challenged to be a unit. Same for the American military.

Mond is simply looking for attention and grabbing headlines, in my opinion, at this point. His attitude and views are completely un-Aggie-like at this point and, again, I've lost all respect for his opinions at this point. He is, in fact, a racist himself.
C2 Ag 93
PS - Champ, thanks for posting the video above.

You know what's also amazing about that video? As a straight, white person, I watch that video and see no PERSONAL differences with the people in the video and me on the SUBSTANCE of the topics being discussed. Ideologically, I may not agree with or accept all points they make. But I love and respect each person in the video, because they are thoughtful on their opinions and offer data and substance to actually discuss their viewpoints. Rubin is gay, married even. I don't personally believe in gay marriage, but Rubin too is one of the smartest people today in this country's discourse and respect the hell out of the man. It's OKAY to love, respect and honor people that have some different views that ourselves. But the "race baiters" appear to be winning these days based on feelings and emotions. Mond is now a race-baiter in my mind. I only pray some day the narrative brilliant men and women such as the two in the video are heard over the liberal, race-baiting people who are actual creating, NOT healing, racism.
TMF
AG
Cancel culture is about to get applied to the support of the football team.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.