Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Play Arkansas at Kyle Field in 2020

6,936 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by twk
fightintxaggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its an unnecessary risk to have both teams go on the road like that with the Corona Virus. I could see this becoming a home game for that reason.

But also.....our conference home schedule:

Nov 7: Ole Miss
Nov 14: Vanderbilt
Nov 28: LSU

Thats it. Weak.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Also, remember this no pants Arkansas girl?

West Point Aggie
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Also, remember this no pants Arkansas girl?

Commando cooter?
Let’s Go Brandon!
West Point Aggie
AG
Knowing jerry he will allow it if we add another decade on top of the current end date
Let’s Go Brandon!
greg.w.h
AG
Expires in 2024. Unless the Jones family suggests it, I can't imagine extending the contract. But money talks!!!

Linking GBH for contract details only.

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/9/25/4765530/texas-aggies-arkansas-razorbacks-arlington-stadium-tv-contract-jerryworld
Sq 17
Arky @ jerryworld one of the most universally despised discussion topics Fran maybe the only other topic with such unanamity of opinion. Both Sherman and bringing back the tu game have a higher approval rating than arky in Dallas
Stone44
AG
Jerra may be getting tired of losing in his house every year. He can make up the money by just having another soccer game as long as Mexico is playing.
hunter2012
AG
If Arkansas really wants the game there we should go to a Home-Neutral format with them. At the very least we should maximize our home schedule with New Kyle.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Lolz at referencing corona as an unnecessary risk
twk
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Its an unnecessary risk to have both teams go on the road like that with the Corona Virus. I could see this becoming a home game for that reason.

Thats it. Weak.
I want this contract terminated as soon as possible. If we don't go to JerryWorld this year, he'll want us to add another year to the deal.
West Point Aggie
AG
twk said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Thats it. Weak.
I want this contract terminated as soon as possible. If we don't go to JerryWorld this year, he'll want us to add another year to the deal.

Skeletor will want 10 for 1
Let’s Go Brandon!
Sq 17
fightintxaggie10 said:

Thats it. Weak.
even if Arky was at kyle that is a weak schedule
TheWoodsAg
AG
Sq 17 said:

Arky @ jerryworld one of the most universally despised discussion topics Fran maybe the only other topic with such unanamity of opinion. Both Sherman and bringing back the tu game have a higher approval rating than arky in Dallas
It's a fun party weekend in DFW every year, Jimbo has stated that he likes games in those types of stadiums/environments because it prepares the team for Playoff/Bowl, the games have been great, those of us who have been to every one of the games will confirm that the atmospheres for all the games have been great (good games help with that), Aggies always outnumber the hogs and we have WON 6 highly contested games in a row in that building.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

I guarantee you if we had played some of those games in Fayetville and not Arlington we would have lost them and then how would people feel about the game?

If you want another big name game at Kyle tell the AD to schedule one instead of double directional Louisiana.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I personally hate it but have been a couple of times. If the players and coaches like it then I am OK with it continuing. Would much prefer it rotate CS - Fayetville, or even CS - JerryWorld if Pig is so married to it.

The one thing that absolutely needs to happen is the price point needs to come down. It is is beyond ridiculous to pay 200% - 300% more for our game vs. Pig in JerrWorld than vs. LSU or Alabama at Kyle Field. The stated ticket prices are OK, but the "extra TMF donation" is obscene, and means the real ticket price is substantially higher.

JerryWorld is no longer the new shiny toy, I can't believe fans are OK paying $250 or $300 to watch us play Pig in a sterile NFL environment.
West Point Aggie
AG
CS - Jerry's place rotation...any chance we convince the pigs to buy into this??
Let’s Go Brandon!
W
AG
this was the poison pill a former AD left to the program.

remarkable that A&M will still be taking the poison more than a decade after he left.

in the sportsworld...never sign long term contracts. Things change so quickly
W
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

Thats it. Weak.
this has quietly become a problem since Ole Miss has gone back to being bad.

the even-numbered home schedules tend to be weak. Would definitely look better going forward with the Razorbacks on the home schedule
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Thats it. Weak.

the even-numbered home schedules tend to be weak. Would definitely look better going forward with the Razorbacks on the home schedule

It could be worse...like BayLOL, the pokes, the Kansas schools and Iowa state...
Let’s Go Brandon!
twk
AG
W said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Thats it. Weak.

Don't want to sidetrack this, but that's one reason why I think we are probably going to do away with divisions after the current scheduling cycle has run its course. There's no reason for us to play the Mississippi schools every year, and if we only play Bama and Auburn every other year, then that would be more than offset by playing UGA, Florida, and UT every other year.
fightintxaggie10
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Sq 17 said:

It's a fun party weekend in DFW every year, Jimbo has stated that he likes games in those types of stadiums/environments because it prepares the team for Playoff/Bowl, the games have been great, those of us who have been to every one of the games will confirm that the atmospheres for all the games have been great (good games help with that), Aggies always outnumber the hogs and we have WON 6 highly contested games in a row in that building.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

I guarantee you if we had played some of those games in Fayetville and not Arlington we would have lost them and then how would people feel about the game?

If you want another big name game at Kyle tell the AD to schedule one instead of double directional Louisiana.
Good points. I've been to 6 of our games there going to back to the Big12 days.

The problem is we have a half a BILLION dollar stadium, and yet we have THREE CONFERENCE GAMES AT HOME.

Lets schedule a game in Jerryworld, but lets do it with an out of conference opponent like Alabama seems to do every single year.
fightintxaggie10
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Knowing jerry he will allow it if we add another decade on top of the current end date

At the time we made this contract is was a great deal for us. Our recruiting in Dallas SUCKED, and so did we. Bill Byrne did a good job with this.

The mistake was agreeing to start it over once we joined the SEC. I believe you can thank the worst AD we've had in the modern era in Eric Hyman for that disaster.

Our legal team needs to settle this and get it back to a home and home.
TheWoodsAg
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

TheWoodsAg said:

Sq 17 said:

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Good points. I've been to 6 of our games there going to back to the Big12 days.

The problem is we have a half a BILLION dollar stadium, and yet we have THREE CONFERENCE GAMES AT HOME.

Lets schedule a game in Jerryworld, but lets do it with an out of conference opponent like Alabama seems to do every single year.
Or as I mentioned, schedule a bigger non conference opponent at home in those years....hmmmm if there were only such an opponent 90 minutes down the road......

No one seemed to have a problem with that home schedule in '18 when we played Clemson.

Look at Florida and Georgia for goodness sake, they play their top SEC rival at a neutral site every year......difference is they play their OOC home state rival home-home every year.
maver1ck
AG
We'll get Arky back at Kyle eventually. Bjork's on top of it.
McInnis80
The series in Jerry World no longer makes sense for either team. Both teams have spent a lot of money improving their home stadiums. Last year Arkansas only had 2 SEC games in Fayetteville. The A&M game was at Arlington and the Turkey Day +1 game against Missouri was in Little Rock. Arkansas still has to play a Little Rock game due to political pressure of Little Rock and the Stephens family. Next year the sips come to Fayetteville, so ticket sales will not be an issue.

If crowds are not allowed at games, Jerry can move the game to Frisco.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

those of us who have been to every one of the games will confirm that the atmospheres for all the games have been great...WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

I went to the first one. The first 30 minutes of Jeryworld were amazing. They had a tribute to the SWC and a bunch of other stuff. After that, I realized how stale the atmosphere was.

IF Jimbo and the players want NFL stadiums for bowl prep, schedule a Kyle/Neutral series with UNT/SMU/UTSA/Rice/etc.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Hyman was a total puss by agreeing to the extension instead of just tacking on 2 years.

I would have much rather have played Pig in Arlington in 2012 and 2013 and be done with it now vs. 5 more games 2020/21/22/23/24. Ugh.

I think it would have concluded in 2015 or 2016 correct?
The Lost
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

those of us who have been to every one of the games will confirm that the atmospheres for all the games have been great...WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

I went to the first one. The first 30 minutes of Jeryworld were amazing. They had a tribute to the SWC and a bunch of other stuff. After that, I realized how stale the atmosphere was.

IF Jimbo and the players want NFL stadiums for bowl prep, schedule a Kyle/Neutral series with UNT/SMU/UTSA/Rice/etc.
I dont think utsa helps with bowl prep. I think it should be a game, not a scrimmage. And an empty stadium doesn't help with recruiting.

Plus this game doesn't get tv on top of lousy attendance. You'd lose money by doing this vs a game at kyle.
twk
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Hyman was a total puss by agreeing to the extension instead of just tacking on 2 years.

I would have much rather have played Pig in Arlington in 2012 and 2013 and be done with it now vs. 5 more games 2020/21/22/23/24. Ugh.

I think it would have concluded in 2015 or 2016 correct?
I believe it was originally a ten year deal.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I dont think utsa helps with bowl prep. I think it should be a game, not a scrimmage. And an empty stadium doesn't help with recruiting.

Plus this game doesn't get tv on top of lousy attendance. You'd lose money by doing this vs a game at kyle.

The game would be played for the purpose of familiarizing an NFL dome. Alamodome is close enough. If anything, its probably louder than Reliant or Jerruhworld.

No, the money is probably not as good as just paying them to come to Kyle. But I bet the lost opportunity cost of playing a traditional SEC opponent at Jeruhworld is more.

You only do it if Jimbo really thinks the benefit is that high.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

So you went to the one game that was a blow out that Arkansas kicked our ass, not the other 10 games. Gotcha. Congrats on picking the wrong game to go to.
strbrst777
How can the atmosphere possibly be anything close to the atmosphere on the A&M campus and Kyle Field on game day? Students who make annual trips to Arlington surely find it costly. I hold two season tickets for home games; NO interest in going to Arlington. Fans in the Metroplex and North Texas may like it...and that I understand.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Jimbo's recruiting has expanded way past DFW. Playing the game in Arlington benefits one person.

He does not need anymore of our money.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

So you went to the one game that was a blow out that Arkansas kicked our ass, not the other 10 games. Gotcha. Congrats on picking the wrong game to go to.

The atmosphere at neutral site games just sucks relative to Kyle or even the games we played at SMU or baylor. I told you, the pregame of the 09 game with Arkie was interesting with the tributes to the SWC.

I was at the JFF CB. Awesome game, atmosphere was dull. Been to non-A&M bowls, sterile atmosphere.

The only "neutral" atmosphere that I remember being fun was La Tech in Shreveport in the day. Still not Kyle.
Sq 17
I actually don't mind the game at Jerryworld and I like the current win streak but among topics on TexAgs Jerryworld is very unpopular
AirlineAg97
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Sq 17 said:

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

I cannot preach this enough. 100% agree. Enough with the Lamars, PVAMUs, TXSTs. Get another GAME.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.