Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC football coaches ranked

7,325 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Saint Pablo
Sterling82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I think Mullen is a fine coach and will continue to excel at UF. But Fisher is more credentialed and probably had a slightly steeper slope to climb. Either way, I think the quality of coaches at the schools with big fan bases and good histories bodes well for exciting SEC seasons ahead.
psybj
Sterling82 said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I think Mullen is a fine coach and will continue to excel at UF. But Fisher is more credentialed and probably had a slightly steeper slope to climb. Either way, I think the quality of coaches at the schools with big fan bases and good histories bodes well for exciting SEC seasons ahead.
Yup, exciting seasons means gonna get our azzes whupped no matter how good we get but gonna whup some azzes too.

Much better than what UF plays at home. Other than LSU and FSU, with UGA neutral every year, it sucks. Why would anybody bother to buy season tix to this?

- Eastern Washington
- Kentucky
- S. Alabama
- South Carolina
- LSU
- Missouri
- New Mexico State

This is why UF demands to play LSU every year, without LSU they couldn't sell season tickets.
psybj
psybj
CBS rankws the top PWR FIVE coaches.
Here's the Top 10:

1. Nick Saban, Alabama
2. Dabo Swinney, Clemson
3. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma
4. Ed Orgeron, LSU
5. Brian Kelly, Notre Dame
6. Kirby Smart, Georgia
7. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M
8. Dan Mullen, Florida
9. James Franklin, Penn State
10. Ryan Day, Ohio State

IMO Smart, Mullen and Jimbo are underrated because they want to level the field.
psybj
12thmanfootball
AG
Oregeron and Smart are playing with loaded decks every year......

So is Saban, but he usually ends up in the top 2 teams in the country.

Push Smart and Oregeron back 4-5 place each and that would be about right.
NyAggie
AG
Other than saban, name a coach in the sec you'd rather have at A&M right now than jimbo

Other than saban, I Wouldn't take any of the other guys in the sec over jimbo

Jimbo should be number 2

I'd put smart at 3 and Ed o at 4
ntxVol
Smart is overated but he is a helluva defensive coach. Still, rumors have been going around that things aren't all that rosey in Athens.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
nbaker2022 said:

People are hoppin on the Coach O train too fast.

He's a great motivator, but I'm not convinced that he didn't just get carried by Aranda, Brady, Helaire, Burrow. I think we need to wait one more season before claiming he's a better coach than Fisher, Mullen, Kirby, etc.
Isn't every coach carried by their coordinators and players? A head coach's job is to win. If it takes hiring great minds and recruiting great talent to do so, great. He's the one who chose to take LSU out of the 1980's and convert to a modern offense. He deserves everything that comes with it. Now if the next five years are a decline, then he deserves whatever comes with that too.
psybj
OldShadeOfBlue said:

nbaker2022 said:

People are hoppin on the Coach O train too fast.

He's a great motivator, but I'm not convinced that he didn't just get carried by Aranda, Brady, Helaire, Burrow. I think we need to wait one more season before claiming he's a better coach than Fisher, Mullen, Kirby, etc.
Isn't every coach carried by their coordinators and players? A head coach's job is to win. If it takes hiring great minds and recruiting great talent to do so, great. He's the one who chose to take LSU out of the 1980's and convert to a modern offense. He deserves everything that comes with it. Now if the next five years are a decline, then he deserves whatever comes with that too.
Oeaux had a terrible OC forced on him by the AD in '17, took away his power mid-season. LSU paid a lot to get rid of that OC and the AD that forced him on O. O took over and is now calling the shots under AD SW.
psybj
Saint Pablo
Hard to justify Lincoln Riley that high IMO...above multiple championship winning coaches.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.