Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mond and Bjork hyping up a uniform change....

12,259 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by HTownAg
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
my fellow bevel haters..
this one's for you

maver1ck
AG

and here's another supposed "leak" from a few months ago
Slamn Sharpe
nbaker2022 said:

That looks really good. I was never a fan of the matte maroon helmet. I wish that would go away. Matte finish just doesn't look good on maroon
The Dog Lord
AG
I hope they're just trolling.

Also, it's our. Really hope an A&M student doesn't run that account.
West Point Aggie
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

nbaker2022 said:

That looks really good. I was never a fan of the matte maroon helmet. I wish that would go away. Matte finish just doesn't look good on maroon

Please no Texas techish glitter helmets!
Post removed:
by user
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Plot twist: the only uniform change for next season is adding the beveled logo to the helmets.
BrandoC
AG
I love the matte helmets just need to be with white facemask instead of grey. Flake maroon looks like a bassboat. This is football not fishing. Also need a straight strip down the pants. Plain pants look stupid.
AgfromHOU
AG
I can't wait for the adidas/Nike debate that's upcoming. Only two years left on the adidas contract and we will probably sign or re-sign next summer.
HunterAggie
AgfromHOU said:

I can't wait for the adidas/Nike debate that's upcoming. Only two years left on the adidas contract and we will probably sign or re-sign next summer.
Would be a great time for a Football National Championship !
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
texan12
The helmet logo and jersey lettering still look small. If the pics linked below show up, Dante Hall's uniforms in the late 90s should be looked at again (except for that weird collar).

I assumed that these modern uniforms and helmets are getting tighter and smaller so the logo and lettering have to stay proportionate. Dante Hall was probably the smallest one on the team and I don't believe his uniform looked out of place at all.

?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320
maver1ck
AG
The Dog Lord said:

I hope they're just trolling.

Also, it's our. Really hope an A&M student doesn't run that account.

An A&M student runs the Barstool account I believe. He's taken a lot of heat, whoever he is. His Twitter comeback game is pretty sub par
Great CaesarsGhost
AG
Just keep the stripes on The shoulders. Don't care about helmet finish or bevels or pants color.
maver1ck
AG
Great CaesarsGhost said:

Just keep the stripes on The shoulders. Don't care about helmet finish or bevels or pants color.
I am a fan of the stripes for sure. Just because they are very unique to A&M.

The bevel needs to die though
atxaggie07
AG
I loved the redesign going into the SEC. New conference, new look. Now, I'm over it. I want the more traditional, classic looking uniforms back. Keep the new, larger A&M logo on the helmet and I could go with either the marble collar or solid white, but other than that...let's go back to a more classic look. Yes, yes, I know the stripes are based on an even older A&M uniform. I mean classic in the more broad sense of the uniform, not specifically just A&M. Give me solid numbers, TV numbers somewhere on the shoulder, large chest lettering, and no beveled numbers.
-------------------------------------------------------
quote:
"Some people, when a certain team has a big year, they'll buy a jersey," he said. "OK, did you go there? No. Are you from Austin? No. Did you work there? No. Do you know anybody who worked there? No. Well, nice shirt, you know?"
greg.w.h
AG
Fix the bevel. Simplify the look without making it weird. The double stripe to differentiate us from Miss St. is infuriating because it feels we are just getting the same design with a tweak and bevels.

I'll be honest: I fully understand the branding decision to both standardize the TAM block as the system branding and the beveled block as the College Station branding. Makes perfect sense. But the helmet proves the bevel doesn't work. So delighted they're considering unifying the numbers with the helmet logo.

I'll also add that the NFL as a matter of player safety no longer permits using different helmets which means there is only one helmet look. I suspect we should do that at the college level, too, which means the one helmet should be classic not weird, too.
Sparkie
AG
"Few things are more depressing than a stripper with no self-confidence."

Slocum at his best.
Dr Lane Trowlan
Keep the shoulder stripes. Lose the bevel.

Perfection.
AgsMnn
AG
White face mask.

Yes.
RadAg14
AG
I just want these helmets again. Doesnt have to be the fade but the state outline is so good

uujm
I prefer solid jersey with numbers on the front and back. Kinda like the Notre Dame jerseys. The giant ATM on the helmet lets people know who we are.
fightinag
nbaker2022 said:

my fellow bevel haters..
this one's for you

I agree...I'd love to see Mond change uniforms !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
CptnTight
Our current Adidas Uniforms are SHOCKINGLY bad. Please revert back to the old ones. The throwbacks vs Kentucky was beautiful and so many are pleading to make them our full time uniforms
West Point Aggie
AG
CptnTight said:

Our current Adidas Uniforms are SHOCKINGLY bad. Please revert back to the old ones. The throwbacks vs Kentucky was beautiful and so many are pleading to make them our full time uniforms

Adidas >>>> that crap brand Nike...
greg.w.h
AG
Generally Nike's design work is cleaner and tighter. Oregon being somewhat of an exception of course...
This Dude Abides
greg.w.h said:

Generally Nike's design work is cleaner and tighter. Oregon being somewhat of an exception of course...
Nike is the enemy of the Red, White & Blue and will be treated as such!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man!
Kanyes psychiatrist
CptnTight said:

There was nothing "beautiful" about those throwbacks. They are plain, boring, tasteless, and copy cat. They look like maroon versions of tu, OU, Arkansas, and most high school programs in central Texas circa 1988. Don't need a giant "Texas A&M" on the chest, people know who we are.

Put a small ATM logo center chest.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
nbaker2022 said:

my fellow bevel haters..
this one's for you

If Bjork gets rid of the bevel he is guaranteed two extra years on his contract.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
theboynamedsue
AG
I'd love this look
Kanyes psychiatrist
theboynamedsue said:

I'd love this look
So does everyone else yet our fan base seems to vocally support and demand the return of 4A high school look of the 1997-2007 uniforms.
Mr.Bond
AG
Shoulder stripes......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Kanyes psychiatrist
Giant Texas A&M on the chest. Maroon pants. Copy cat uniforms.
Mr.Bond
AG
Kanyes psychiatrist said:

Giant Texas A&M on the chest. Maroon pants. Copy cat uniforms.
LMAO! Nothing copy cat about it. Its classic, clean and a brand

Ive said for years to burn all maroon pants.

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Our current uniforms aside from the white pants with A&M State Logo should go in a burn barrel.

rgag12
AG
Burn the shoulder stripes and never use them again
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.