Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9-3 is the minimum mark for 2020

6,520 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Alpha Texan
Pelayo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lot's of feet stomping about 10 wins being our minimum around here. That's just not a realistic floor yet in the SEC West with only two near elite recruiting classes, which are both underclassmen. 2021 10 wins is a reasonable ask, 2022 a must.

Those of you who live to be disappointed and get your jollies complaining about how much we pay our national championship caliber coach, I guess carry on with that BAS self fulfilling stupidity. Flame away.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
AG
Umm... okay. Ultimatum or get wrecked in the beer fridge???
LEJ
10 wins or we ride Jimbo out on a donkey and bbq his heifer.
Ag4coal
Nah, it's 10. You've got 9 you should win. After the experience this team got last season, we should be able to beat 1 of the other 3
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Team could go undefeated, and win each game by one point; there would be pot bangers complaining.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Agree

9-3: acceptable
>9: overachievement
<9: dissappointment

The only variable is either a slew of injuries to the same position groups or a main competitor implodes.

Edit: gator signs corrected
merch
So, 9-3 basically means we beat all the teams we are expected to beat and lose to all the teams we might expect to lose to (Bama, LSU and Auburn).
How is that acceptable.
Must beat at least one of those 3 and win all we should meaning the "acceptable" mark, the floor, should be 10-2.
A is A
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Agree

<9: overachievement
>9: dissappointment

The only variable is either a slew of injuries to the same position groups or a main competitor implodes.
Callate Donnie
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Agree

<9: overachievement
>9: dissappointment

I think you need to edit, bub.
LEJ
Somebody don't know their gator signs.
Smudge
AG
It's been raised to 10 wins this season, realistically. I'm not sure why folks aren't expecting to beat Auburn. We should make that jump this year. We will be better, and Auburn lost a lot. And if we drop any other game before the bama/lsu stretch, that will be a major disappointment. Expecting 10 is quite reasonable and it will be a disappointing season if that's not reached. If we still had a Georgia or a Clemson on the schedule, then yes, sticking with 9 wins would be a more comfortable expectation, but that's simply not the case.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
Romello
If you aren't growing you're dying.
9-3 is death.
West Point Aggie
AG
10...or better...anything else is FAILURE...
Ugly
AG
smudge14255 said:

It's been raised to 10 wins this season, realistically. I'm not sure why folks aren't expecting to beat Auburn. We should make that jump this year. We will be better, and Auburn lost a lot. And if we drop any other game before the bama/lsu stretch, that will be a major disappointment. Expecting 10 is quite reasonable and it will be a disappointing season if that's not reached. If we still had a Georgia or a Clemson on the schedule, then yes, sticking with 9 wins would be a more comfortable expectation, but that's simply not the case.
The issue isn't being favored against Auburn. Even though this is an away game this year, and we didn't exactly have a good showing last year, I suspect we will be favored by a small margin.

The issue is not dropping one against the "teams we should beat" along with not dropping one to Auburn. And before anyone brings up Alabama or LSU or any of the others that supposedly don't have to worry about that, Alabama famously loses about one a year to a team they "should have beat", and LSU loses about two (with an obvious exception for last year). The probability of a win is never 100%, so those losing chances add up.

I hope we go 10-2 or better in the regular season, and I think there is a decent chance of doing so, but let's not undervalue how much of an accomplishment that type of a season is in the SEC West.
vander54
S
9-3 would be ok but not great

8-4 would worry me a lot

10-2 or better and I am happy
Slamn Sharpe
Where is Lat when you need him? Apparently all we need to know about Coach Fisher is if he can win 10 games this season
NoahAg
Man, a lot of people are gonna be mad come December.

9-3 is what "should" happen. Losing the 3 we're supposed to lose and winning the rest.

10-2 is possible if we steal one from auburn.

8-4 is just as possible tho. Losing to the big 3 and dropping one we should win (see SC or Arkansas).
Romello
NoahAg said:

9-3 is what "should" happen. Losing the 3 we're supposed to lose and winning the rest.

8-4 is just as possible tho. Losing to the big 3 and dropping one we should win (see SC or Arkansas).

Now there's a man with managed expectations.
NyAggie
AG
I think 9 wins is the floor this year

Anything less is a complete failure and anything more is a good season

9 wins would be the middle ground where you are like well it's better than we've done since Johnny but we could have done so much more
GoodAg21
10 wins is 100% the floor. Beat Auburn.
Slamn Sharpe
Fury_239 said:

10 wins is 100% the floor. Beat Auburn.

I'm looking at the calendar to figure out which weeks to avoid texags
Joe Exotic
AG
NoahAg said:

Auburn shouldn't be considered a "steal" or a probable loss.
Romello
We are a mediocre program when it comes to wins.
At some point, expecting to win 8 or 9 games a year and talk of "should" lose the tough games has to stop and exceeding mediocre expectations has to start.

mcag83
AG
Romello said:

At some point, expecting to win 8 or 9 games a year and talk of "should" lose the tough games has to stop and exceeding mediocre expectations has to start.

Dude....Who pee'd on your Cheerios?
jrbaggie
Alabama has now won 5 out of the last 10 national championships and lsu has won 2 of the other 5. I'm real confident that they are both going to puke one up that they are supposed to win.

I would rather we get to the point where we can compete with them at the highest level rather than hope they are down when we play them.
Lateralus Ag
AG
You guys keep goal tending for Jimbo we will be in year 8 and some asshat will still have excuses.
Lateralus Ag
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Where is Lat when you need him? Apparently all we need to know about Coach Fisher is if he can win 10 games this season

I set up so much free real estate in your head its bordering on disturbing.
Pelayo
AG
Romello said:

When we have four years of recruiting on par with the top of our division we "should" expect more. 1-2 years off.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TxAg76
AG
Profound. Truly.
T Boon Pickens
OP jinxed it. Get your pitchforks and torches.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

Team could go undefeated, and win each game by one point; there would be pot bangers complaining.
I very much doubt that
vander54
S
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Aggie Joe 93 said:

I very much doubt that

Then you don't know TexAgs
Slamn Sharpe
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Aggie Joe 93 said:

I very much doubt that

Which part? This place has complained every time we've beaten Arkansas with the idea of "they suck, so and so beat them by more than we did"

Then theres the cupcakes... imagine beating them by a point.
Slamn Sharpe
Lateralus Ag said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

I set up so much free real estate in your head its bordering on disturbing.

Naaaa. You've made quite the impression here. Almost everyone knows your schtick
vander54
S
Bo Darville said:

NoahAg said:

Auburn shouldn't be considered a "steal" or a probable loss.

We finally have more talent than them. Granted it is very close but I agree it should not be a probable loss. toss up? Sure
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.