Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Soooo, new RB coach.

15,696 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halfastros81
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Propofolsu said:

Coonass logic just catapulted us to a natty.

The reason why Faulk is so highly thought of as recruiter, player, and coach is because of his success at Carencro. He was the head football coach at the school before O scooped him up. Every Louisiana high school
Coach loves him and he was a Johnny Manziel type figure in the 90s. The dude was a legendary SEC player and consummate pro.

Tommie didn't do the job on the recruiting trial missing on major targets for us. I find it odd in that way because it was Os first major hire. I think both teams got better from the move.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Replacing Joe Brady with tired boring ass Scott Linehan.......replacing Dave Aranda with IAA under .500 clown show Bo Pelini......replacing Tommie Robinson with post game brawler Kevin Faulk......

What a s-show month for the mouth breathers east of the Sabine.
Unemployed
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Replacing Joe Brady with tired boring ass Scott Linehan.......replacing Dave Aranda with IAA under .500 clown show Bo Pelini......replacing Tommie Robinson with post game brawler Kevin Faulk......

Pelini was a pretty good defensive coordinator. And his tenure at Nebraska as HC wasn't that bad - above average.

Other than that, I agree that he's a clown show.
Spyderman
AG
Going to be interesting to see how this "we let him go" deal plays out. I saw where LSU tried to counter our offer at the last minute but...
Powerful alums at LSU really wanted one of "their own" (Faulk) to take the reins. I'd bet Tommie saw the writing on the wall and started charting his exit. Jimbo was only too happy to oblige. He is an older assistant; if he is motivated thru all this...watch out. I think he will be.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Smudge
AG
Great hire on our part and a great replacement on LSU's part. I think Ags come out ahead, and LSU sucks balls.
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
TheWoodsAg
AG
RealTalk said:

TheWoodsAg said:

Pelini was a pretty good defensive coordinator. And his tenure at Nebraska as HC wasn't that bad - above average.

Other than that, I agree that he's a clown show.
Defensive mastermind Bo was also getting his doors blown off in the B1G west at the end of his Nebraska tenure including getting run over by Wisconsin time and time again.
cevans_40
AG
Anyone who doesn't think we got the better end of the bargain is foolish. This is yet another great hire by Jimbo.
Agsuffering@bulaw
My Theory:

1. Orgeron is a political animal. He politicked into the job and he made sure to keep it by sucking up to the incumbent governor. The bigs wanted Faulk and O didnt have the stones to tell them NO, even though they just won a title. Maybe Faulk is the real deal. But, O set a terrible precedent by allowing his bigs to dictate hires after 2 successful seasons.

2. O is a recruiter but not a HC. He has hired weak coaches when given the choice. Ensminger was a retread. Orgeron fired the OC he inherited and promoted Ensminger. He and Aranda butted heads frequently, but O knew he needed Aranda. O hired Brady, probably b/c Brady was young and non-threatening. Then Aranda leaves for Baylor, not a destination job b/c he was ready to be done, and O hires a DC who will never get another destination job and thus will be beholden to O.

Look at who else O has hired:

OL Cregg- no OC exp, was 45 when hired now 47, probably no aspiration to be OC or HC
WR- Joseph, no OC exp, only HC exp was at HS and NAIA. mostly position coaching, 48 when hired now 51

DL- Johnson, no OC/HC exp, coached DL continuously for the past 32 years
TE/STs- McMahon, no OC/HC exp, has coached STs continuously for 23 years

Ss- Busch, an Aranda guy, Utah State DC 09-10, otherwise position coach, ~50 when hired, left w/ Aranda
OC- Canada, now a QB coach in the NFL, did a decent job as interim at Md in 18, dared question O

Look at who he inherited and hasn/t been purged:
CB- Raymond, an LSU guy who coached DBs at LSU since 2012

Conclusion:

I still suspect O caught lightning in a bottle last year.

Most good HCs will hire a young coaches who may be better than them some day. Losers like Fran fear anybody who might be as good. I also suspect O has enough survivor in him to do ANYTHING to keep that job, but anything else that triggers his insecurities will be fired or non-renewed. We'll see.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I will say that Pellini probably works out for a few years until he blows up. He struggled later at NE, but that was after his TX recruiting pipeline dried up. I knew they would not recruit impact TX kids and suspected their recruiting overall would suffer. (still probably the right move for NE)

ETA: "probably" is the wrong word. Still definitely the move they had to make considering the sip plans.
psybj
Spyderman said:

Going to be interesting to see how this "we let him go" deal plays out. I saw where LSU tried to counter our offer at the last minute but...
Powerful alums at LSU really wanted one of "their own" (Faulk) to take the reins. I'd bet Tommie saw the writing on the wall and started charting his exit. Jimbo was only too happy to oblige. He is an older assistant; if he is motivated thru all this...watch out. I think he will be.
TR was told that his contact would not be renewed
Interviewed at USCe last week, was courteously not fired as he was allowed to seek other employment

This was not alum pressure, O brought KF in and watched him as Director of Player Development or something like that. He was extremely effective dealing with recruits/families when he could interact during visits.

TRob was not as effective recruiting as hoped. KF will be key recruiter in Acadiana area where 2 of the top 3 recruits in LA play including his cousin
psybj
TheWoodsAg
AG
Quote:

He was extremely effective dealing with recruits/families when he could interact during visits.

Do you know if he punched any members of recruits families while they were on their visits?
psybj
TheWoodsAg said:

Quote:

He was extremely effective dealing with recruits/families when he could interact during visits.

Do you know if he punched any members of recruits families while they were on their visits?
Suspect he punches tham that needs to be punched
psybj
slop01
AG
psybj said:

Spyderman said:

Interviewed at USCe last week, was courteously not fired as he was allowed to seek other employment

This was not alum pressure, O brought KF in and watched him as Director of Player Development or something like that. He was extremely effective dealing with recruits/families when he could interact during visits.

TRob was not as effective recruiting as hoped. KF will be key recruiter in Acadiana area where 2 of the top 3 recruits in LA play including his cousin
Looks like we have an LSU insider...
schmellba99
AG
I want to bag on lsu and Shrimp Boat, but until he proves that his decision making yields less than stellar results - any bagging on him or making fun of him here just looks like sour grapes.

Will Faulk be an upgrade? Remains to be seen, but one cannot discount the fact that he's an lsu alum and has the hardware as a pro to at least initially wow recruits, and that can go a long way to an 18 year old hoping to one day be in the league. Can't argue that.

Odds are both teams ended up better off with the change in coaching. I hope we end up more better off considering the resume of the guy we ended up with.
cevans_40
AG
psybj said:

Spyderman said:

So Faulk is going to lock down Louisiana now and it won't be like before when all the best players left the state?
psybj
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

My Theory:

1. Orgeron is a political animal. He politicked into the job and he made sure to keep it by sucking up to the incumbent governor. The bigs wanted Faulk and O didnt have the stones to tell them NO, even though they just won a title. Maybe Faulk is the real deal. But, O set a terrible precedent by allowing his bigs to dictate hires after 2 successful seasons.

2. O is a recruiter but not a HC. He has hired weak coaches when given the choice. Ensminger was a retread. Orgeron fired the OC he inherited and promoted Ensminger. He and Aranda butted heads frequently, but O knew he needed Aranda. O hired Brady, probably b/c Brady was young and non-threatening. Then Aranda leaves for Baylor, not a destination job b/c he was ready to be done, and O hires a DC who will never get another destination job and thus will be beholden to O.

Look at who else O has hired:

OL Cregg- no OC exp, was 45 when hired now 47, probably no aspiration to be OC or HC
WR- Joseph, no OC exp, only HC exp was at HS and NAIA. mostly position coaching, 48 when hired now 51

DL- Johnson, no OC/HC exp, coached DL continuously for the past 32 years
TE/STs- McMahon, no OC/HC exp, has coached STs continuously for 23 years

Ss- Busch, an Aranda guy, Utah State DC 09-10, otherwise position coach, ~50 when hired, left w/ Aranda
OC- Canada, now a QB coach in the NFL, did a decent job as interim at Md in 18, dared question O

Look at who he inherited and hasn/t been purged:
CB- Raymond, an LSU guy who coached DBs at LSU since 2012

Conclusion:

I still suspect O caught lightning in a bottle last year.

Most good HCs will hire a young coaches who may be better than them some day. Losers like Fran fear anybody who might be as good. I also suspect O has enough survivor in him to do ANYTHING to keep that job, but anything else that triggers his insecurities will be fired or non-renewed. We'll see.
O brought in KFaulk 2 seasons ago. KF turned down a coaching job with NEPats to stay at LSU with promise of position coach.

O fired the OC he was left with. He then hired another, a hot commodity, who wasn't getting the job done, thus he took away his responsibilities midway the first year. Again Ensminger stepped up.

Brady did a presentation to LSU staff that blew all away. He was brought in as PGC to implement new ideas, a mix of RPO and Saints' spread. His replacement was chosen to bring in more new concepts.

Aranda turned down several HC jobs, considers Baylor to be pretty close to a destination job.

Cregg inherited mediocre OL, had much trouble protecting QB in '18, won Moore Trophy for Best OL in '19. O hired someone who could get the job done, and did.

Joseph is critical for contacts in NOLA. His WRs don't do bad.

McMahon is just what O needed, an experienced ST coach. Its doing well under him.

Busch was hired by Aranda who had a free hand on D. He done good. Wish both well.

Raymond is an LSU goy who gets it done, keeps DBU baing DBU. He turned down Jimbo.

Johnson replaced another Johnson who got injured, was one of the young ones coming up. Had to get someone quick, got a vet.

"Meatball" Johnson and KFaulk are young ones who might emerge into stars. Otherwise he has veterans who recruit and coach.

Oeaux has 4 huge qualities: Organizing, Recruiting, Delegating and Motivating.

O makes decisions quickly, such as canning Canada mid-season when his stuff wasn't working. He also changed Offense to spread at the end of '18, before the bowl game, because he saw what they had wasn't working; see Burrow's numbers in the Fiesta Bowl.

O failed, bad, at OM.

O did very well at USC, took over a train wreck and finished 6-2. Wasn't hired because his image isn't what they wanted.

O did very well as interim at LSU, 6-2.

Since then his teams have performed better than predicted (by LV oddsmakers) every year. He faces a rebuilding task this year, Ags got a chance, then we will see what O is.
psybj
sincereag
It's hard to be too critical of Coach O and his assistant hires when they just won a Natty with a very well coached team. I love the Robinson hire by Jimbo because of his vast experience and success he's had with his RBs.
jsmc71
AG
Regardless of how well K Faulk works out, isn't the consensus that TRob is a solid improvement over what we had?
TheWoodsAg
AG
jsmc71 said:

Regardless of how well K Faulk works out, isn't the consensus that TRob is a solid improvement over what we had?
Recruiting wise it's an improvement. Robinson was ranked as the 57th recruiter in the SEC last year, Jay Graham was 74th. Last year Robinson was 21st and Graham was 37th.

[url]https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CompositeCoachRankings/?Conference=SEC[/url]
ec2004
AG
I completely agree with Sincereag. I wish we had LSU's problems right now.
LEJ
This is the hard hitting coonass logic I've been sitting here patiently waiting for all day while I rub my nipples
Sam the Sham 2
Lateralus Ag said:

So, CEH was a product of this guys recruiting and coaching? And LSU wankers are bagging on the guy?

Mmmmmkay.
CEH would have gone to LSU if Curley Halman still been coaching, and Kevin Faulk was not invisible to the RBs as Director of Player Personnel at LSU the last two years.

agneck
Another coach Chavis type deal?
psybj
To pay what LSU paid for TRob he had to get titles, thur Recruiting Coord and Assoc (or Asst) HC. These titles meant nothing except he was expensive and those titles were needed to het his salary approved by BOS.

Many on talk shows discussed the KFaulk fpor TRob change including several LSU former RBs.

All were happy with the change, believing that Faulk will connect extremely well recruiting and coaching, in part because he is an ICON in LA.

Every one of them had high praise for TRob, said he was an excellent as a coach.

Suspect that TRob would be better for Tamu than KFaulk, but maybe vv at LSU.

Ags got a few losers from LSU, including Chavis and Peveto. (Jimbo grade still undecided) TRob is not one of them.

AG'S STAFF JUST IMPROVED.
psybj
Spyderman
AG
psybj said:

Lateralus Ag said:

So, CEH was a product of this guys recruiting and coaching? And LSU wankers are bagging on the guy?

Mmmmmkay.
TRob didn't recruit CEH, was a BR kid who never considered anywhere else if he (3star) got LSU offer.

TRob did coach him up.

I have heard no knowledgeable LSU fan knocking TRob but most/all are very happy that he will be replaced by Faulk.
Faulk will get LSU put on probation.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
psybj
Spyderman said:

psybj said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Mmmmmkay.
TRob didn't recruit CEH, was a BR kid who never considered anywhere else if he (3star) got LSU offer.

TRob did coach him up.

I have heard no knowledgeable LSU fan knocking TRob but most/all are very happy that he will be replaced by Faulk.
and you know this how?

or is this just an ignorant, baseless flame?
psybj
chevy con queso
AG
Spyderman said:

psybj said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Mmmmmkay.

TRob did coach him up.

Genuinely curious why you say this.

Count me in the camp that thinks both schools may be very happy with their new hires.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
Lateralus Ag
AG
Sam the Sham 2 said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Mmmmmkay.
CEH would have gone to LSU if Curley Halman still been coaching, and Kevin Faulk was not invisible to the RBs as Director of Player Personnel at LSU the last two years.

What's up swamp *****. Go way. You smell like a corn dog.
psybj
SALARY:

TRob was making $600k/yr at LSU

KFaulk signed for $350k/yr

after a 12 yr career in NFL don't think $$$$$$ is his motivator
psybj
halfastros81
AG

Quote:

KF will be key recruiter in Acadiana area where 2 of the top 3 recruits in LA play including his cousin

this part of your post is a head scratcher for me. Acadiana parishes cover Lafayette, and Lake Charles but not New Orleans or Shreveport. I never really considered Baton Rouge as Acadiana. Wikipedia sends mixed messages as they say Lafayette is the largest city in Acadiana but the mapped parishes seem to include E and W Baton Rouge Parish which makes no sense to me. Either way I question that 2/3 of the top recruits are from Acadiana because I believe over half the state's football recruits are typically from the NO Metro area .

Something else.... LSU pretty much picks who they want of Louisiana recruits with only a small handful of exceptions that slip away to the Clemson's and Alabama's of the world. I'm not a recruiting aficionado but I can't think of any real head to head losses they have had to anyone else in quite a while so to let go of a coach because of recruiting in Acadiana also seems a little weird. Maybe they think Faulk is just a better overall package and comes at a cheaper price. Now that makes sense to me.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
I realize it was a coonass writing it, but you need to work on your reading comprehension.

He didn't say two-thirds of the top recruits in LA are from Acadiana. He said 2 of the 3 Top recruits in the state (I presume for 2021) are from Acadiana which very well may be true depending on who they are and where they live.
halfastros81
AG
Yes, when I reread it I think your'e correct that he meant 2 of the top 3 recruits for next yr are in Faulk's Acadiana recruiting area and one of them is Faulk's cousin. I stand corrected.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.