Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Soooo, new RB coach.

15,691 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by halfastros81
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tommie Robinson former LSU RB coach.

How do we feel?
rgag12
AG
Sick, but maybe that's just the Coronavirus
Soother
Bill Superman
AG
Can he play RB
farwellrob
AG
He's had success everywhere he's been. He's been the Pac12 recruiter of the year. He can recruit Louisiana.

He's had NFL caliber backs at his stops, which I think is a product of his coaching.

I think he's gonna be a good one.
Texagsubscriber
Our camp is praising him and the other camp is downgrading him.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
hunter2012
AG
Champ Bailey said:

How do we feel?

TexanJeff
AG
Best RB coach resume I've ever seen, but may not stay long.
Class of 65
AG
I don't believe we will have prima donna's running backs on the team with Coach Robinson.
Loyalty
AG
BAS65 said:

I don't believe we will have prima donna's running backs on the team with Coach Robinson.
Exactly. Does he have any eligibility left?
BrandoC
AG
LSU let him go so IDK. Could have made a better hire but I guess it is what it is.
wesnile
AG
Better than Jay Graham imo, so think we fell up on this one..
TAMUallen
AG
LSU is so gutted!

Amazing when you consider that they just won the national championship!
vander54
S
LSU let him go but he has had success. I'm hoping they let him go because they are dumb and think Faulk can do better.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Welcome aboard coach! Glad to have him with that resume.
UnderTheHillAg
Idk how to feel about the hire, he's an upgrade over Graham but I was expecting something sexier.
Bill Superman
AG
Lsu got the new OC so of course they didn't renew his contract. They definitely lost a top tier RB coach no matter how they want to spin it.

2017 Pac-12 Recruiter of the Year.
Produced a 1,000 yard rusher in each year at lsu.
Produced high draft picks and nfl talent.
Oversaw unit that featured two of the most productive players at running back in corndog history.
Just won natty.

I'm sold.
psybj
TRob interviewed at USCe last week.

He was told that his contract at LSU would not be renewed to make room...

Kevin Faulk, former LSU & NEPats RB, turned down a coaching job w/ NE to join LSU staff with promise of coach job. As a 3rd down RB at NE he was seen as a coach on the field and is their all time leading rusher.

Expect Faulk to be named LSU RB coach soon. He will recruit wearing one NC ring and several SB Champ rings.

Tamu is getting an excellent recruiter and coach, one Oeaux brought in from left coast. He did good for LSU.

LSU brought home and fulfilled a promise to a legacy.
psybj
UnderTheHillAg
I guess it's important to ask whether this is the guy who was recruiting both LJ Johnson and Camar Wheaton, because if he was that would be nice, as LSU leads us for both of them.
Johnny2Fan
He's got a ring, maybe he will allow you to look at it.
rab79
AG
rgag12 said:

Sick, but maybe that's just the Coronavirus
keep your wuhan flu to yourself please.
psybj
KFaulk played in an Off at NE much like LSU's current O while TRob has coached in more power-based Os.
psybj
vander54
S
psybj said:

KFaulk played in an Off at NE much like LSU's current O while TRob has coached in more power-based Os.

Well then that makes a lot of sense and moves me a little more towards the happy side.
Lateralus Ag
AG
So, CEH was a product of this guys recruiting and coaching? And LSU wankers are bagging on the guy?

Mmmmmkay.
Meximan
BrandoC said:

LSU let him go so IDK. Could have made a better hire but I guess it is what it is.

Dude, Jimbo directly weakened the competition and grabbed a top recruiter/coach to upgrade the staff. How is that not an outright win?!
Agsuffering@bulaw
RB coaches are recruiters first and position coaches second. The man can recruit. This is a great hire.

I dont know the politics at LSU, but I would have told Kevin Faulk to get a position-coach job somewhere to see how he recruits. IF he did well, then maybe I would have considered non-renewing a proven recruiter.

Kevin Faulk may have nice rings, but that doesnt mean he can actually close recruits.
vander54
S
Meximan said:

BrandoC said:

Dude, Jimbo directly weakened the competition and grabbed a top recruiter/coach to upgrade the staff. How is that not an outright win?!

LSU did not renew his contract. Jimbo didn't weaken LSU. This could turn out great for us and horrible for LSU but we don't know for sure.
vander54
S
vander54
S
Loyalty
AG
Sounds like a great hire. Jimbo likes him, Isaiah likes him. Even someone not associated with A&M in Kevin Mathis has great things to say.

Who am I to question. Welcome coach Robinson!
psybj
Lateralus Ag said:

So, CEH was a product of this guys recruiting and coaching? And LSU wankers are bagging on the guy?

Mmmmmkay.
TRob didn't recruit CEH, was a BR kid who never considered anywhere else if he (3star) got LSU offer.

TRob did coach him up.

I have heard no knowledgeable LSU fan knocking TRob but most/all are very happy that he will be replaced by Faulk.
psybj
Post removed:
by user
vander54
S
psybj said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Mmmmmkay.
TRob didn't recruit CEH, was a BR kid who never considered anywhere else if he (3star) got LSU offer.

TRob did coach him up.

I have heard no knowledgeable LSU fan knocking TRob but most/all are very happy that he will be replaced by Faulk.

I question their knowledge here. They are thrilled about hiring a guy that has never coached when they had a proven coach before him. It may work out but there is no data there to say it will. It seems like a big gamble to me.
hunter2012
AG
Sound like Coonass logic to assume that a Superbowl ringed legacy makes for a better coach than an actual coach.
Propofolsu
Coonass logic just catapulted us to a natty.

The reason why Faulk is so highly thought of as recruiter, player, and coach is because of his success at Carencro. He was the head football coach at the school before O scooped him up. Every Louisiana high school
Coach loves him and he was a Johnny Manziel type figure in the 90s. The dude was a legendary SEC player and consummate pro.

Tommie didn't do the job on the recruiting trial missing on major targets for us. I find it odd in that way because it was Os first major hire. I think both teams got better from the move.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.