Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Myles Officially Reinstated

15,321 Views | 121 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Rule#2
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Myles is on record on his view on the word. Regardless of you position on the word, Rudolph wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.

I believe Myles account because of reputation, his lack of attention whoring ever, the fact he didn't release it to the media, and that he doubled down after he was in the clear. That's how he is different than Jussie Smollie.

It his also possible that Rudolph didn't say it but Myles thought he did. The heat of a brawl can be hell on the senses.Rudolph did start it. While their are a ton of mics on the field I doubt all of them actively record, I also doubt the NFL would release the clip for fear for Rudolph's safety and they would have to enforce any punishment equally on both white and black athletes, which is not practical.

My Venn Diagram comment is that if you believe Rudolph over Garrett (even though Garrett is one of ours with an impeccable public record) your opinion is likely tinged with some racial bias.

It has nothing to do with racial bias. It has to do with not instantly believing damning accusations with zero supporting evidence, no matter who is involved, where they went to school, or the color of their skin.

spherical
AG
mugwurt said:

Myles is on record on his view on the word. Regardless of you position on the word, Rudolph wrote a check his ass couldn't cash.

I believe Myles account because of reputation, his lack of attention whoring ever, the fact he didn't release it to the media, and that he doubled down after he was in the clear. That's how he is different than Jussie Smollie.

It his also possible that Rudolph didn't say it but Myles thought he did. The heat of a brawl can be hell on the senses.Rudolph did start it. While their are a ton of mics on the field I doubt all of them actively record, I also doubt the NFL would release the clip for fear for Rudolph's safety and they would have to enforce any punishment equally on both white and black athletes, which is not practical.

My Venn Diagram comment is that if you believe Rudolph over Garrett (even though Garrett is one of ours with an impeccable public record) your opinion is likely tinged with some racial bias.

It has nothing to do with racial bias. It has to do with not instantly believing damning accusations with zero supporting evidence.

Yea but that goes both ways doesn't it? What evidence do we have to believe Garret is a liar (a damning accusation imo)
Artorias
AG
spherical said:

mugwurt said:

It has nothing to do with racial bias. It has to do with not instantly believing damning accusations with zero supporting evidence.

Yea but that goes both ways doesn't it? What evidence do we have to believe Garret is a liar?
It is not about "believing" one person over the other. Innocence is the presumption by default until proven guilty.

Myles levied the accusation about the racial slur. The burden of proof lies with him.
spherical
AG
mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

Yea but that goes both ways doesn't it? What evidence do we have to believe Garret is a liar?
It is not about "believing" one person over the other. Innocence is the presumption by default until proven guilty.

I agree but in this case it has to apply to them both, so both are innocent until proven guilty. That's my stance- we don't know. So those comparing him to Jussie are doing the same thing as those who are saying Rudolph did say it.
Artorias
AG
spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

I agree but in this case it has to apply to them both, so both are innocent until proven guilty. That's my stance- we don't know. So those comparing him to Jussie are doing the same thing as those who are saying Rudolph did say it.
That is not how it works. The accuser bears the burden of proof. The accused is free to deny the accusation without having to prove his innocence.
spherical
AG
mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

Myles levied the accusation about the racial slur. The burden of proof lies with him.

Eh. He didn't levy the accusation. His employer asked for his account during a disciplinary hearing. he had the right to give his account, he doesn't have to provide evidence.
Artorias
AG
spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

Eh. He didn't levy the accusation. His employer asked for his account during a disciplinary hearing. he had the right to give his account, he doesn't have to provide evidence.
Sure, he can say whatever he wants, but if he wants that part of his testimony to be believed, evidence is absolutely required.
spherical
AG
mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

Sure, he can say whatever he wants, but if he wants that part of his testimony to be believed, evidence is absolutely required.

That's fair
Artorias
AG
spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

That's fair
To be clear, I am not saying I don't believe Myles. Nobody knows what was or wasn't said.

I want to believe him. But with an accusation such as this, I need some sort of corroborating evidence to remove doubt.
spherical
AG
mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

spherical said:

mugwurt said:

That's fair
To be clear, I am not saying I don't believe Myles. Nobody knows what was or wasn't said.

I want to believe him. But with an accusation such as this, I need some sort of corroborating evidence to remove doubt.

I get that. I'm more responding to those comparing him to a proven liar in Smollett. It's just jumping all the way to the opposite end of the spectrum in my opinion.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I said it at the time and I will say it again.

Grab a dudes nuts and expect to get hit with whatever he has in his hands. Myles should have been suspended, but so should that POS Rudolph. One game each.
NowhereMan
Sadly MG has become an NFL athlete blaming the victim-blaming & the league instead of quietly going back to his multi-million dollar job.
. . .
Bunk Moreland
I'm a steelers fan but couldn't care less about Rudolph.

Myles better damn sure be telling the truth here because this doubling down is a bold strategy.
tylercsbn9
AG
spherical said:

tylercsbn9 said:

Myles sticking with the n word excuse. Must be getting advice from the same people advising Jussie

Hahah wow! You're the first person to make that ridiculous comparison!!'

Doubling down on a lie to deflect ones own actions seems to be comparable.

But keep slobbering over him because he's an Aggie and they never lie, cheat, or steal.

Maybe mason whispered it in his ear and that's why Myles is the only person to n planet earth to have heard him say it.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
. . . said:

It's a little weird to me Rudolph doubling down especially the "have not" part of him saying a racial slur.

I'm sure at some point in his life he has said the n-word whether it be in a intentionality racist or non racist way or made some off color joke. He just set his credibility up to be shot down when somebody posts him singing the lyrics to some rap song.

I like Myles and I don't know or care to know the veracity of the situation. Personally, I would punch Mason Rudolph in the face for a lot less than getting my junk beat up. It is an interesting ordeal that probably should be dead by now.
Aggies2009
AG
spherical said:

Aggies2009 said:

I am going to guess the Venn Diagram of people comparing him to Jussie, those who use the N word with a hard R, and those who post on Forum 16 is almost just 1 circle.
I don't really know what you're getting at here, but do you think Jussie was lying about getting beat up by 2 white guys in MAGA hats?

What does that have to do with anything? I think the posters's point is that it's unfortunate people would assume garret must be lying and compare him to a proven liar just because... well what reason exactly?

I mean I don't think his post was an innocent question of "why would you compare him to a known liar?" He threw some pretty serious allegations at a lot of people who post on board 16, though he doesn't have the balls to explicitly do it.
PooDoo
AG
mugwurt said:

schmellba99 said:

mugwurt said:

Irish_Man said:

Move on it's over.

Good advice for Myles. He needs to stop talking and move on.
So do idiots like Clay Travis and the majority of Aggies that long to see Myles fail, or spout stupid drivel about criminal charges and attempted murder.
There is no majority of Aggies that long to see Myles fail. What a ridiculous assertion. SMH.

A bunch of tu socks do.
Earl_Rudder
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

I said it at the time and I will say it again.

Grab a dudes nuts and expect to get hit with whatever he has in his hands. Myles should have been suspended, but so should that POS Rudolph. One game each.
This is the truth.
spherical
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

spherical said:

tylercsbn9 said:

Myles sticking with the n word excuse. Must be getting advice from the same people advising Jussie

Hahah wow! You're the first person to make that ridiculous comparison!!'

Doubling down on a lie to deflect ones own actions seems to be comparable.

But keep slobbering over him because he's an Aggie and they never lie, cheat, or steal.

Maybe mason whispered it in his ear and that's why Myles is the only person to n planet earth to have heard him say it.

Smollett is a proven liar, you have no such proof that Garrett lied. That's why the comparison is unfair.

Also... "they"?. Checks out.
spherical
AG
AgStuckinLBK said:

. . . said:

It's a little weird to me Rudolph doubling down especially the "have not" part of him saying a racial slur.

I'm sure at some point in his life he has said the n-word whether it be in a intentionality racist or non racist way or made some off color joke. He just set his credibility up to be shot down when somebody posts him singing the lyrics to some rap song.

I like Myles and I don't know or care to know the veracity of the situation. Personally, I would punch Mason Rudolph in the face for a lot less than getting my junk beat up. It is an interesting ordeal that probably should be dead by now.

So if guess Mason and his team will be demanding the audio from the nfl so they can vindicate his character? The guy is already an after thought in Pittsburgh so at least Myles is keeping his name in the headlines...
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
It is entirely possible that both parties are telling the truth. Rudolph could have said any number of things that Garrett heard as the n word. What it comes down to now is he said vs he said. This isn't a court of law, innocent until proven guilty doesn't really apply to who you believe. For those of you backing Rudolph's account, what are you basing it on?

Rudolph deserves what he got regardless of whether he used a slur. Run up on a bigger man be prepared to get knocked out.
Aggies2009
AG

It is entirely possible that both parties are telling the truth. Rudolph could have said any number of things that Garrett heard as the n word. What it comes down to now is he said vs he said. This isn't a court of law, innocent until proven guilty doesn't really apply to who you believe. For those of you backing Rudolph's account, what are you basing it on?

Cool. Care to address the accusations you made earlier about members of this forum?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Sure if you explain your logic for backing Rudolph over Garrett. Or comparing Garrett to an unrelated proven liar of an actor?
Scotty Appleton

Rudolph deserves what he got regardless of whether he used a slur. Run up on a bigger man be prepared to get knocked out.

I know right?

Earl_Rudder
AG
Someone link the video of the previous play where Rudolph was trying to rip off Myles' helmet.

edit: Nevermind, I found it.

edit2: Staff won't let me post it?

Earl_Rudder
BostonAg74
Rudolph's denial seems too absolute to be believable. Someone should ask him what he actually said to Garrett. He was talking an awful lot of trash. Sure, he'll deny saying the N-word, but will he own up to the other stuff he was saying? My guess is that he will deny that too.

If he had said something like, "Myles seems sincere in his belief that I used the N-word, and I know that is not what I said. I'm trying to remember if anything I said could have been mistaken for that, and I really can't. I'd like to meet with Myles and see if we can resolve this, because I don't think he believes he's lying. I just know I didn't say it", I might have given him the benefit of a doubt.

But that's not what he did. He doubled down and said he has never used any kind of racial slur. Did he grow up in a plastic bubble? It's like someone who says they have never lied. People do all kinds of stupid stuff when they are young or drunk or insecure or just angry. Lying and racial slurs are right at the top of the list of stupid stuff people do. Rudolph's absolute denial seems more designed to prop up his image than to get to the truth. Unless he's willing to own up to everything else he said during the incident, I have no reason to believe that he didn't say the N-word.

BMX Bandit
Quote:

Rudolph's denial seems too absolute to be believable

Huh?

If someone falsely accuses you of something saying something that would make you a pariah, you definitely are absolute about it

If Rudolph had said the quibbling jibberish you suggested, he'd be laughed at. He either said it or he didn't it
spherical
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Huh?

If someone falsely accuses you of something saying something that would make you a pariah, you definitely are absolute about it

If Rudolph had said the quibbling jibberish you suggested, he'd be laughed at. He either said it or he didn't it

Yea- but the "I've never used a racial slur" is a bit too much. Zero chance that's true.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Even if Myles lied about the racial remarks, I dont care. I am glad he bashed Mason's head in. It was awesome to watch!
A funny scene I'd like to see would be the look on your client's face if you said that in your closing remarks to the jury!
johnnyblaze36
AG

I am going to guess the Venn Diagram of people comparing him to Jussie, those who use the N word with a hard R, and those who post on Forum 16 is almost just 1 circle.
One of the dumber comments I've ever read on this website.
BostonAg74
spherical said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Huh?

Yea- but the "I've never used a racial slur" is a bit too much. Zero chance that's true.
Exactly my point. Denying that he said it in this circumstance is one thing. Denying that he has ever used any racial slur defies belief and puts the specific denial in question.
Bunk Moreland
BostonAg74 said:

spherical said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Huh?

Exactly my point. Denying that he said it in this circumstance is one thing. Denying that he has ever used any racial slur defies belief and puts the specific denial in question.

Lol at the mental gymnastics
spherical
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

BostonAg74 said:

spherical said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Huh?

Lol at the mental gymnastics

Ever hear "The lady doth protest too much"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.