Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Texas Aggies vs. Oklahoma State Texas Bowl Game Thread *****

158,467 Views | 2579 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by zephyr88
mrfun83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I also think that if we had the previous administration running this exact team this year we wouldn't be in a bowl. And I think this may be the least talented team that Fisher has coached since he became HC @ FSU.
EllisCoAg
AG
USCw fish QB looks pretty good
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
Ag_EE
AG
hennyj15 said:

I'd rather see Beth Mowins in those pink pants from page 38 than see Mond be our starting QB next year.

Taking one for the team
Lateralus Ag
AG
At least we are good at basketball
Scotty Appleton
Bunk Moreland said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Given that Okie gets the ball to begin the 3rd that was just unacceptable by Jimbo. And I'm not buying the bs about lack of confidence in the QB.

Nothing bad happens if he throws an int 30 yards down the field there except to losers on Texags.

It's a ****ing bowl. Let it rip. Jimbo is coaching this ridiculously slow conservative bull**** game plan just like he has the last 2 years. Not going to work with this roster.

Believe what you want, but what happens says it all. Jimbo had zero confidence in him. Watching him turn it over twice, miss 2 easy TD passes and then he can't even run a QB sneak correctly.

It is what it is.

What does a 30 yard pass down the field that gets picked off in traffic do? Nothing other than take it to the half. Mond has been terrible but so has Jimbo. No reason not to attack vertically there, even if jorvorskie is at QB(small joke because his shot put passes down field were always on the money)

It would have been a 3rd turnover which could have completely broke him for the 2nd half.

You know I don't make Jimbo excuses and I agree with you that he is not a great game day guy, but that last 3 minutes was a coach who knows he has a fragile QB and wants to just get to the 4th quarter.
Bunk Moreland
eb93 said:

Anybody here think Jimbo, if he could do it all over again, would have rolled out Starkell last season?

No. Because he isnt better than Mond, sad as that is.
sharpdressedman
Team not ready. Piss poor.
AvidAggie
AG
eb93 said:

Anybody here think Jimbo, if he could do it all over again, would have rolled out Starkell last season?

And not make a bowl?
agsalaska
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

drevans956 said:

ArcheryAg said:

Does Jimbo know something we dont? He is too calm.

10 year guaranteed contract ... no reason to be nervous!

People who reach the mountain top in their profession are driven by the desire to achieve more than a dollar figure.

Insinuating he's fat and happy with his salary is by far the laziest and dumbest angle this board takes. Jimbo's ego is far too big to rest on the laurels of 1 title with Jameis. And that's a good thing for us.

Money whipping non achievers like Sumlin is when you should worry.
Really? Sumlin beat some pretty good teams while he was here. Obviously he lost a lot, but he won a lot too. If not for a flukish LSU game last year Fisher has done nothing. Nada. Zero.

Fisher has shown nothing to make me think he is a better option than Sumlin.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
HowdyTAMU
AG
pinche gringo said:

mrfun83 said:

I think it's safe to say we had bad Mond show up AGAIN

Well, yeah! It was the first half. Give it another quarter and good Mond will show wake up.
rgag12
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Why are you even here?
Artorias
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Gonna be a rough year in all 3 mens sports this year
AvidAggie
AG
agsalaska said:

Bunk Moreland said:

drevans956 said:

ArcheryAg said:

People who reach the mountain top in their profession are driven by the desire to achieve more than a dollar figure.

Insinuating he's fat and happy with his salary is by far the laziest and dumbest angle this board takes. Jimbo's ego is far too big to rest on the laurels of 1 title with Jameis. And that's a good thing for us.

Really? Sumlin beat some pretty good teams while he was here. Obviously he lost a lot, but he won a lot too. If not for a flukish LSU game last year Fisher has done nothing. Nada. Zero.

Sad but true so far
oneeyedag
A lot of fish QB better than mond much better.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
eb93 said:

Besides 7 OT last year has there ever even been a good Mond?
rgag12
AG
agsalaska said:

Bunk Moreland said:

drevans956 said:

ArcheryAg said:

Sumlin couldn't beat LSU. Sumlin couldn't recruit. Sumlin couldn't hold a 40 point lead. Fisher is already way better.
eb93
AG
AvidAggie said:

eb93 said:

And not make a bowl?

Well, I have been trusting in Jimbo when it comes to QBs, but Mond looks like he is back in the Rose Bowl when Sumlin started Nick.
All or none. FIDO.
CrottyKid
AG
The recruiting doesn't make you think Fisher is better than Sumlin?
DGAG92
AG
They get the ball first.....75 yard drive for a TD. Mond turns it over again in the 3rd, they score. We go into the 4th down 21. Mond finally relaxes and leads the offense to score 14, just as time expires. 28-21 final.
Cedar09
Christ go ask Arizona who they would rather have!
Argentina Aggie
In all seriousness, 30 minutes of clock time, (God forbid OT...NO...), and this season is over. Yes, I'm ready!
Argentina Aggie
BanderaAg956
PatAg said:

You HAVE to assume Mond wont be the starter next year, right?

LMAO - I'd take that bet, ALL IN... I'm going to be rich!!! LOL
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
redjalapeno-87
Did TE catch a ball?
ZapAg82
Mond will need about 3 quarters to work those pre game jitters out.
Cassius
Jimbo might end up being our Chizik.
Scotty Appleton
agsalaska said:

Bunk Moreland said:

drevans956 said:

ArcheryAg said:

Jimbo recruits better and that is the most important thing.
TAMUallen
AG
ZapAg82 said:

Mond will need about 3 quarters to work those pre game jitters out.

3 more seasons
AvidAggie
AG
CrottyKid said:

I don't give a **** about recruiting until I see them prove it on the field
TheWalkOn
AG
Trying to beat a Big 12 team with a Big 12 offensive game plan is Ag Bowling at its finest.

And to think I told myself I'd go light on the bourbon tonight
Shadow of CuervoAg
Mond is 8-11 for 35yds passing. 35yds??? The Okie Lite All-BDF safety is out the first half and all Mond can muster is 35yds??

I know Jimbo is gonna stick w/ Mond through the game, but there has to be a no holds barred QB competition this Spring / off-season.
Do not post opposing views or you too, like me, will become a shadow of your former self.
rgag12
AG
Kinda have to wait a couple years dude. That's how recruiting works
Bunk Moreland
agsalaska said:

Bunk Moreland said:

drevans956 said:

ArcheryAg said:

Sumlin won games with Sherman's guys and development and got worse with every waking moment.

Jimbo had a group of some upperclassmen but he also brought in Jace and transformed Mack. This year wasn't far off from last year other than the harder schedule but he successfully overcame the rough roster situation left to him by Sumlin as his recruiting began to slip when he couldn't get the team going.

Even last year folks were looking at 2020 as the turning point. Given the class Jimbo recruited this year it stlll is on track. All that's left to do is find out if it'll happen next year.

And even though I'm beyond annoyed by the performance so far, nothing tonight will slow or change 2020 expectations.
Wooster
Please Ags just one good half of football.
CrottyKid
AG
AvidAggie said:

CrottyKid said:

I don't give a **** about recruiting until I see them prove it on the field

There is a flaw in your strategy. You have to recruit them BEFORE they can prove it on the field.
Agnzona
The FTAB was hauling ass!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.