Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Texas Aggies vs. Oklahoma State Texas Bowl Game Thread *****

158,526 Views | 2579 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by zephyr88
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're still in the game somehow...

Okie's kicker is a big help
94chem
Cy_Tolliver said:

To be fair, I'd be terrified to run any play with Mond our there

You're right, but you won't win many games.
BSCE84ag
AG
First year I remember Fisher saying it aint over with 1 sec on the clock. He has let a lot of the opportunities go .
Sparkie
AG
Mond is more likely to fumble the ball than complete a pass down field. Just playing the odds.
ClassOf17
mrfun83 said:

Heard some boo birds as time expired. We had better be much better next year. Or I will begin to question the coaching.

Not with Mond
AgInBama
AG
I don't understand the blocking on the second to last play. There was only a four man rush and the line pulls to the left and lets a rusher with a straight run to the qb? That wasn't Monds fault.
CrottyKid
AG
Calzada time.
mrfun83
AG
fla_agfan said:

Remember last season when he called a time out with 1 sec left while losing to Bama...

Because you play till the last sec...

What happened to that?
Well, you have to have a QB you have confidence in.
agsalaska
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Jimbo just showed his vagina to the whole football world. He is worthless.
Agreed.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
wbt5845
AG
Well, it's a good thing we're a second half team.
ZapAg82
zephyr88 said:

We're still in the game somehow...

Okie's kicker is a big help
So are the refs.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
mrfun83 said:

Heard some boo birds as time expired. We had better be much better next year. Or I will begin to question the coaching.

If Mond is the starting QB next year we'll know A&M was just a retirement booster for Jimbo Fishione. It will mean he doesn't give a ****.
TxSquarebody
Tried to snap a photo of Fisher. Turns out, he's invisible.
TexasRebel
AG
Hell, even Fran went for 3 when he was down 4.
cuppycups_cup
Exactly. There was absolutely nothing to lose.

That was almost sumlin-esque clock management. I like Jimbo but that sucked.
Sterling82
Mond should be benched. There's no excuse for a college qb to not be able to complete a single pass beyond 7 yards down the field. Everyone has seen enough of this. Trying to help him save face by throwing nothing but passes in the flat is gross malpractice. He's had his chance and failed. Let's move on.
Scotty Appleton
Bunk Moreland said:

Given that Okie gets the ball to begin the 3rd that was just unacceptable by Jimbo. And I'm not buying the bs about lack of confidence in the QB.

Nothing bad happens if he throws an int 30 yards down the field there except to losers on Texags.

It's a ****ing bowl. Let it rip. Jimbo is coaching this ridiculously slow conservative bull**** game plan just like he has the last 2 years. Not going to work with this roster.

Believe what you want, but what happens says it all. Jimbo had zero confidence in him. Watching him turn it over twice, miss 2 easy TD passes and then he can't even run a QB sneak correctly.

It is what it is.
DGAG92
AG
Onionman said:

Throw the damn ball down the field.

Run as far as you can as Mond will overthrow it.

Run two defenders straight down the field about 10 yards apart....tell Mond to throw to the closest guy and he'll hit the farthest one right in the hands. Problem solved!!
Post removed:
by user
ClassOf17
TxSquarebody said:

Tried to snap a photo of Fisher. Turns out, he's invisible.

Jimbo is in this photo?
Ag_EE
AG
wbt5845 said:

Well, it's a good thing we're a second half team.

You mean, "4th quarter with the game outta reach" team?
cuppycups_cup
hennyj15 said:

mrfun83 said:

If Mond is the starting QB next year we'll know A&M was just a retirement booster for Jimbo Fishione. It will mean he doesn't give a ****.

The "fishione" name needs to stop. It wasn't funny in the other thread and it isn't funny here.
jasonrgr
Sparkie said:

Mond is more likely to fumble the ball than complete a pass down field. Just playing the odds.

If thats the odds your playing then you must also assume osu will score on the next drive and well be down 14 again. Go for the score or pull him out.
Bunk Moreland
cuppycups_cup said:

Exactly. There was absolutely nothing to lose.

That was almost sumlin-esque clock management. I like Jimbo but that sucked.

I've said it before this year... Jimbo's best attributes are not as a gameday coach. That's OK, urban is the same way. And even Saban.

But it takes some patience, especially with a team this young.

All that said, he has to find a happy medium and give his team the best chance to win and he hasn't done with his offensive strategy against teams with a pulse this year.
PatAg
AG
You HAVE to assume Mond wont be the starter next year, right?
ZapAg82
cuppycups_cup said:

hennyj15 said:

mrfun83 said:

The "fishione" name needs to stop. It wasn't funny in the other thread and it isn't funny here.
Go away Dennis.
TEXAS FINEST
Im with you Im not buying bull!!!@ narrative about QB...Same QB did good last year but this year not so...WR's were more successful last year than this year...Its not just lack of running game but could it be the play calling or did the move from Davis being on Outside to Inside effect QB-WR play?...At end of day Jimbo has to be held accountable
Argentina Aggie
Aren't we thankful that Gary Danielson isn't calling this game?
Argentina Aggie
Onionman
Actually with 2 turnovers, Mond can't hit the broad side of a barn, D playing like a pee wee team, we are lucky to only be down 7.

But OSU D does look really poor and looks like we are running the ball well when we don't fumble.

We better win this winable game darn it!
Lateralus Ag
AG
cuppycups_cup said:

hennyj15 said:

mrfun83 said:

It was funny then and it's not now.

But only because it's so true.
ZapAg82
Argentina Aggie said:

Aren't we thankful that Gary Danielson isn't calling this game?
I'm glad Beth Mowin isn't calling it.
Bunk Moreland
Scotty Appleton said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Given that Okie gets the ball to begin the 3rd that was just unacceptable by Jimbo. And I'm not buying the bs about lack of confidence in the QB.

Nothing bad happens if he throws an int 30 yards down the field there except to losers on Texags.

It's a ****ing bowl. Let it rip. Jimbo is coaching this ridiculously slow conservative bull**** game plan just like he has the last 2 years. Not going to work with this roster.

Believe what you want, but what happens says it all. Jimbo had zero confidence in him. Watching him turn it over twice, miss 2 easy TD passes and then he can't even run a QB sneak correctly.

It is what it is.

What does a 30 yard pass down the field that gets picked off in traffic do? Nothing other than take it to the half. Mond has been terrible but so has Jimbo. No reason not to attack vertically there, even if jorvorskie is at QB(small joke because his shot put passes down field were always on the money)
BanderaAg956
ArcheryAg said:

Does Jimbo know something we dont? He is too calm.

10 year guaranteed contract ... no reason to be nervous!
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
aggieband 83
AG
Onionman said:

Actually with 2 turnovers, Mond can't hit the broad side of a barn, D playing like a pee wee team, we are lucky to only be down 7.

But OSU D does look really poor and looks like we are running the ball well when we don't fumble.

We better win this winable game darn it!

+1
jasonrgr
MyNameIsKyle said:

You know your qb is putrid when you don't even try when the ball is on the 30, three timeouts, 30 seconds, you're down, AND you don't get the ball in the second half,

Had we taken the TO on defense i think we would have closer to a minute left with 2 TOs left.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.