Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Grundy' on A&M

18,379 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OldShadeOfBlue
Texagsubscriber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
Sponge
AG
But in 2011 were we the greatest 6-6 team in NCAA history?
Ag4coal
lol wut?

I mean, he's probably right, but who actually says that out loud? Is there video?
Lateralus Ag
AG
That was a nice thing for him to say!
TAMUallen
AG
Goodluck mullet boy
rootube
AG
My name is Mike Gundy and I approve this message.

90ags
He trolling....how else to keep things interesting.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
TAMUallen
AG
rootube said:

barf
AGinHI
AG
He's the man!
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
Hamburger Dan
He's trolling. But still, they'll be hard to beat.
babyshark
We'll find out if schedule is our excuse or if we're mediocre. Good bowl matchup to see where this program is.
RadAg14
AG
Lmao
PyriteAg
AG
Easy trolling opportunity taken by Gundy, but it was kinda funny.
frito
AG
AGinHI said:

He's the man!

But no longer 40
Bunk Moreland
His last troll was to call OU a wishbone team and that worked to the tune of an 18 point loss at home.
SEC4Life
So done with the BDF. Gonna show 'em what big boy football is.
halfastros81
AG
We better win handily (14 +) or our Bdf disrespect holds no water.
TAMUallen
AG
frito said:

AGinHI said:

He's the man!

But no longer 40

He's a man! He's 52!
SEC4Life
Agree. KState beat us but nobody can argue we wanted to be there. I'm actually concerned about this game as any BDF opponent is a letdown game for us.
TAMU74
AG
babyshark said:

We'll find out if schedule is our excuse or if we're mediocre. Good bowl matchup to see where this program is.
Will find out what this team is made of at this game.
IMO...The program showed no improvement at all this year but, the schedule was the stake in the heart.
Wildcat
AG
Meh. If a mullet is chopped in Stillwater, does it make a sound?
Bunk Moreland
TAMU74 said:

babyshark said:

IMO...The program showed no improvement at all this year but, the schedule was the stake in the heart.

Disagree. We lost a lot of talent from an already not super talented team with little depth to the NFL last year and responded by not regressing, saw major in-season improvement by young future key contributors like Leal, Brown, Richardson, Wydermyer, etc and overcame a few major injuries. A different coach let's last years draft class + this year's injuries turn into 5-7.

We did what we could, had an outside shot at auburn & Georgia had Jimbo adjusted quicker and refs not been in the tank in Athens, and in the end posted losses to 1, 3, 5,12, 13.

7-5 was critical this season to keep the train on the tracks. Close and solidify a top 10 class, win the bowl and momentum is setting up for a big 2020.
Aggie Dad Sip
SEC4Life said:

So done with the BDF. Gonna show 'em what big boy football is.

Assuming you want to be there...
SEC4Life
Bunk Moreland said:

TAMU74 said:

babyshark said:

Disagree. We lost a lot of talent from an already not super talented team with little depth to the NFL last year and responded by not regressing, saw major in-season improvement by young future key contributors like Leal, Brown, Richardson, Wydermyer, etc and overcame a few major injuries. A different coach let's last years draft class + this year's injuries turn into 5-7.

We did what we could, had an outside shot at auburn & Georgia had Jimbo adjusted quicker and refs not been in the tank in Athens, and in the end posted losses to 1, 3, 5,12, 13.

7-5 was critical this season to keep the train on the tracks. Close and solidify a top 10 class, win the bowl and momentum is setting up for a big 2020.

Yup. And another year under Jimbo with HIS players! Not StUmblins boys.
MemorialTXAg
SEC4Life said:

Agree. KState beat us but nobody can argue we wanted to be there. I'm actually concerned about this game as any BDF opponent is a letdown game for us.

Letdown? No one on that team has ever played OSU. If they can't get fired up about a chance to prove something against a ranked team after an underwhelming season, I don't know what else they need to get motivated.
halfastros81
AG
No. There should not be any letdown games for a team that wants to legitimately say we are taking the next step towards national prominence. You lose this game or even win in a squeaker and the legit contenders just laugh at you. It's true.

Not that OKie St is bad. They aren't .... but you have to beat them in convincing fashion if you want to claim you are challenging for real top level (Bama, LSU like) consideration.

Other than Auburn, this is the one team this yr that is in our zip code from a talent perspective. Bama, LSU , Georgia and Clemson were considerably better . Everyone else significantly worse. Have to
Win this kind of matchup to be taken seriously imo.

To Jimbo's and staff's credit they played a
More talented Georgia team to a virtual draw. To their debit, they got punked by Aub at home who was only marginally more talented and experienced than A & M

This is a "prove it" type matchup
Ag4coal
For context. Maybe not as much of a troll as originally thought:

Q. What do you think about playing Texas A&M?
MIKE GUNDY: I think they are the best 7-5 team in the history of the NCAA in my opinion. They have lost to No. 1; they have lost to No. 1; they have lost to No. 1; they lost to No. 4; and they lost to No. 12. That's their five losses. They are definitely a top 20 team.

I haven't started watching tape on them. I watched them on TV a couple times. I know that they are very athletic. I know that their quarterback, he's a third-rated quarterback in the SEC, only behind the Heisman trophy winner and behind Tua.

So it will be a great challenge for us. We'll have to get to work as soon as possible. We'll have to have great preparation and we'll have to play a very good game against a very, very good team.
W
AG
a lot may depend on OSU's star RB sitting out for 'draft preparation' (or not)
Bunk Moreland
I actually don't think it's a troll at all. It's a motivating tactic to frame his argument to his team to prepare.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
babyshark said:

You can say this exact phrase about any game that was on our schedule. Just substitute "bowl" with "game".

Ranks right up there with the phrase, "I don't disagree, but..."
rootube
AG
babyshark said:

Do we really find out? OSU lost to Tech.
aeon-ag
Texagsubscriber said:

Yea, well, do the math, he's right!!!. A&M can't do anything else but agree.I just hope the score isn't as lopsided as LSU.
johnnyblaze36
AG
When is the banner raising ceremony?
Slamn Sharpe
TAMUallen said:

rootube said:

barf

He means well
aggiehawg
AG
Wildcat said:

Meh. If a mullet is chopped in Stillwater, does it make a sound?
Crying right now from laughter!!!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.