Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Grundy' on A&M

18,411 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OldShadeOfBlue
zeromas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, he got beat by a modern day "wishbone" team. (His words; not mine)

He's probably still bitter.
halfastros81
AG
Depends if the blades were sharpened first.
rab79
AG
rootube said:

babyshark said:

We'll find out if schedule is our excuse or if we're mediocre. Good bowl matchup to see where this program is.
Do we really find out? OSU lost to Tech.
So did Baylor*

(*well until the officials got involved)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is why this will be a great bowl season. Gundy is Steve Spurrier, just way younger.
30wedge
johnnyblaze36 said:

When is the banner raising ceremony?
I think we should go all out. Put an asterisk by our record with the "Greatest 7-5 team ever" down below and make room for it on the ribbon boards and a huge sign on the outside of the stadium.
MaroonDynasty
babyshark said:

We'll find out if schedule is our excuse or if we're mediocre. Good bowl matchup to see where this program is.

Agreed, perfect barometer game for the Ags. Handle business like Vegas projects, and it could be argued that this may have been a 9-10 win team with almost any other schedule. If Ags lose the Ags really do suck.
Post removed:
by user
JTA1029
AG
TAMUallen said:

frito said:

AGinHI said:

He's the man!

But no longer 40

He's a man! He's 52!

Dude has that really been 12 years ago?

I'm getting old.
bv86ag
AG
Just glad football season is coming to a close. Seems like each passing year more and more "Aggies" on this site are bitter and cranky.
Always at each others throats.
With chronic BAS affecting every post some of you folks put on here...makes you wonder why do you bother following A&M football at all?
I don't like every thing about the program either right now...but to constantly put out negative, surly posts EVERY game and fail to acknowledge the progress that is being made in recruiting and on the field is absurd.
That's why i question the true motives and "Ag tag" of a lot of you. Some of you claim to be Aggies but you sure don't sound like it.
And question for trolls out there...if you think A&M sucks so bad...then why bother even showing up on our board? Are you so pathetic and have no life other than to kick the Aggies when we are down after losing to bunch of top 5 teams?
Wonder what kind of schedule your team played?
Yeah....so go away and cry on your own board.
William_C_G
AG
It's my board and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to, cry if I want to. You would cry, too, if it happened to you!
turboboost
AG
No Pressure said:

SEC4Life said:

Agree. KState beat us but nobody can argue we wanted to be there. I'm actually concerned about this game as any BDF opponent is a letdown game for us.

If they can't get fired up about a chance to prove something against a ranked team after an underwhelming season, I don't know what else they need to get motivated.
I DO!

Toss some of these around the field...THEY'LL GET MOTIVATED!

TxAg76
AG
bv86ag said:

Just glad football season is coming to a close. Seems like each passing year more and more "Aggies" on this site are bitter and cranky.
Always at each others throats.
With chronic BAS affecting every post some of you folks put on here...makes you wonder why do you bother following A&M football at all?
I don't like every thing about the program either right now...but to constantly put out negative, surly posts EVERY game and fail to acknowledge the progress that is being made in recruiting and on the field is absurd.
That's why i question the true motives and "Ag tag" of a lot of you. Some of you claim to be Aggies but you sure don't sound like it.
And question for trolls out there...if you think A&M sucks so bad...then why bother even showing up on our board? Are you so pathetic and have no life other than to kick the Aggies when we are down after losing to bunch of top 5 teams?
Wonder what kind of schedule your team played?
Yeah....so go away and cry on your own board.

For a lot of these people, it's just a free place to biitch without fear of any meaningful negative repercussions....therapeutic almost....
Tamu_mgm
AG
Ag4coal said:

For context. Maybe not as much of a troll as originally thought:

Q. What do you think about playing Texas A&M?
MIKE GUNDY: I think they are the best 7-5 team in the history of the NCAA in my opinion. They have lost to No. 1; they have lost to No. 1; they have lost to No. 1; they lost to No. 4; and they lost to No. 12. That's their five losses. They are definitely a top 20 team.

I haven't started watching tape on them. I watched them on TV a couple times. I know that they are very athletic. I know that their quarterback, he's a third-rated quarterback in the SEC, only behind the Heisman trophy winner and behind Tua.

So it will be a great challenge for us. We'll have to get to work as soon as possible. We'll have to have great preparation and we'll have to play a very good game against a very, very good team.
Ah the beauty of context.
ABATTBQ87
AG
this is the formula to beat OSU; 2 back sets, rush for 200+ yards and win hold the ball for 40+ minutes

A New Hope
TITL said:

No Pressure said:

SEC4Life said:

Agree. KState beat us but nobody can argue we wanted to be there. I'm actually concerned about this game as any BDF opponent is a letdown game for us.

If they can't get fired up about a chance to prove something against a ranked team after an underwhelming season, I don't know what else they need to get motivated.
I DO!

Toss some of these around the field...THEY'LL GET MOTIVATED!

Definitely approve
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I actually don't think it's a troll at all. It's a motivating tactic to frame his argument to his team to prepare.

Bunk is correct, some of you missed it. Look from Gundy's perspective: The media has talked us down most of the year. We are talented and have beaten 7/7 lesser opponents. The bookies and computers know this.

Gundy cannot afford his team to take us lightly, and he is using the media to make his point.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Enjoyed the highlight video, but disagree. 2-back plays into their strength.

1. Okie Lite has more offensive weapons than SC
2. Okie Lite's weakness is their pass defense

SC's plan was to run clock and get into the 4th quarter close. SC's defense was very good. It's only weakness was a lack of depth. We stopped their run, which shut them down, and their defense was done by the 4th quarter. That was when we knocked them out w/ the run.

okie lite has a dual threat QBs and a very good RB. They also have some decent WRs (WR1 is out). The Auburn game will be their offensive model: slow us down with misdirection, then hit us deep.

I expect them to move the ball enough to keep their defense from exhaustion. Our model is the MSU game. Play with 1 RB and RPO until we win.

They like to play quarters. I think it would be a mistake, but hopefully they make it. If anybody is more familiar with them, How schematically flexible is their DC? How did they defend teams with athletic advantages like ou and tu? Anyways, hopefully we are up 10 before they realize that playing zone against Mond is stupid.
Faustus
Grundy no stop tiny football team.

PneumAg
Best 7-5 team in the nation?
AgEng06
AG
It's also a poke at the 'horns, since they went 7-5.
TxFig
AG
AgEng06 said:

I didn't even catch that! ROTFL
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
Repeat the Line
AgEng06 said:

6-6 * (home cooking clock operator helped them beat Kansas, as the Jayhawks hung 48 on them in Austin).
Just Tired
Texagsubscriber said:

any chance we tanked so hard against l$u because we wouldn't have been the greatest 8-4 team in history?
ontheway
AG
No it's not. Maybe to you but not to me or most Aggies I know. It's just another game.
ontheway
8T2
johnnyblaze36 said:

When is the banner raising ceremony?
Can we put this on the wall of the stadium?
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.