Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M -4.5 vs. #24 Oklahoma State

9,939 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cords12
LSB_2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we run the ball? If so, we'll likely win. If we're held to being one dimensional with Mond slinging it around..............we'll get beat by 2 touchdowns.
Joe Exotic
AG
What have you seen out of the 86th ranked defense in the country to believe this?
Aggie991
BMX Bandit said:

Aggie991 said:

BMX you betting a whole $25 on this game show us the ticket this time.

Saving that $25 for your mother.

This line opened at -3, now up to -6 some spots.

If you wanted the Ags, the value is gone
LOL taking from a guy who doesn't even bet wtf you know about value?! mom jokes really you ok butty?
TX_Aggie37
AG
Losing this game sets the program back a good margin in my opinion. Just would be a very bad look. I imagine Jimbo and the team should be motivated.
Joe Exotic
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Losing this game sets the program back a good margin in my opinion. Just would be a very bad look. I imagine Jimbo and the team should be motivated.

How does it set us back? Go into detail? The UGA-Texas game last year should tell you how much bowl games mean to the future of a program.
texag84
AG
Ags by 14 to 17 points in this one
Tamu_mgm
AG
Joe Burrow for the most part has had good protection all year long, which is a huge reason he's played extremely well this year. Granted, he is also good at avoiding pressure and knowing when to take off. But, his line has done a solid job overall, combined with play-calling that caters to mostly the quick passing game.
mjhhawk
This is an interesting match-up as we didn't really play anyone their level all season - everyone was either much better (our 5 losses) or worse (7 wins). I tend to think we show up last last bowl season and end again on a high note. 34-17 Ags.
BMX Bandit
Aggie991 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Aggie991 said:

BMX you betting a whole $25 on this game show us the ticket this time.

Saving that $25 for your mother.

This line opened at -3, now up to -6 some spots.

If you wanted the Ags, the value is gone
LOL taking from a guy who doesn't even bet wtf you know about value?! mom jokes really you ok butty?

Poor dunceaggie.

On user name # 34 and still can't spell or string together a complete sentence.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Bo Darville said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

How does it set us back? Go into detail? The UGA-Texas game last year should tell you how much bowl games mean to the future of a program.
To think that losing to Oklahoma St won't shine a negative light on the program is naive. How can we expect to compete at the highest level if we can't beat an upper-middle tier Big 12 team, regardless of the setting?

Maybe I used poor wording - it may not impact the direction of the program itself as far as how the staff and players develop for next season (outside of possible negative recruiting), but would certainly impact public perception. And I would hate to see what some of the fools around here do if we lost to a lowly Big 12 team with all the Big 12 bashing that goes on here.

Point is: after a mediocre season where we looked horrible against every decent team we saw, to me it feels much more important to win this bowl game against a ranked team than it has been in years past.
beerad12man
AG
TAMUallen said:

All depends like every other game... is this good Mond or bad Mond?
Like every other game, there are a half dozen factors I'd put ahead of Mond.

Will the OL control the game closer to Miss State / South Carolina than LSU / Georgia?

Will our WRs create separation between their DBs?

Will our pass defense hold up against a decent but not great offense? They aren't LSU, but they are better than South Carolina / Miss State.

Can we dominate their OL with our DL? Create a pass rush with 4?
Faustus
Their starting QB and top WR are both likely out.
If they were both playing I could see OSU putting up some points, but not now.
A&M in a landslide.
TxFig
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Joe Burrow for the most part has had good protection all year long,

LSU gave up 29 sacks this season, placing the at #77 in that category.

LSU is great, but preventing sacks is NOT one of those stats. Burrow is great IN SPITE of the protection he has been afforded.

By comparison, A&M gave up 33, ranking the Aggies at #108 (tied with t.u. incidentally).
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
AstroAggie00
Troll or just forgetting that joe burrow and tua exist?
HunterAggie
Faustus said:

Their starting QB and top WR are both likely out.
If they were both playing I could see OSU putting up some points, but not now.
A&M in a landslide.
If that indeed is the case, then I agree that Okla State won't have the weapons to score too many points. Out side of their rushing leader RB Hubbard (who is expected to participate and has the ability to reel off explosive plays).

Coach Fisher believes a bowl game is the exclamation point for that year. But even more importantly, it's the starting point for the following season. He and his staff will have A&M up for this game and they will come through against an undermanned OSU Cowboy squad.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

I've seen enough OSU football to know we can stop their offense. We can run on them, at least decent enough. If Mond shows up to play, we win by 3 scores.

I read that okie lite's defense is based on playing quarters. How have they attempted to defend offenses with better athletes?
Kramer
AG
Biggest issue for OSU has been turnovers. Late in the season, they seemed to get a handle on it and won 4 out of 5.
"The only happy Aggie is an unhappy Aggie." Shelby Metcalf
lil_frog8
AG
Actually biggest issue will be if Chubba Hubbard plays for them or decides to sit out. I think Vegas knows something which is why you are seeing the line move.
Hamburger Dan
I saw this morning had moved to 7
Kellso
Oklahoma St has one great player in Chuba Hubbard. The rest of their team is solid, but not super talented.

A&M should win this game easily.

TAMU 31
Okie St 21
curry97
AG
Madubuike won't be playing. He declared for the NFL.
Bucketrunner
Can I get a refund on tickets?

Need to just forget going unless all teams sit their best players
zephyr88
AG
Madubuike just saved me $500!
HossAg
AG
You've got issues.
cords12
Good Mond only seems to show up when we play an unranked nobody! I watched the OU and OK state game and Hurts had several long runs where he was literally untouched and one of them went for a TD. There definitely needs to be some designed run plays for Mond and use them often.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.