Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Just another Zach Evans update

38,956 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OaklandDoubleAg
beerad12man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fedup said:

PneumAg said:

Ag4coal said:

Hollywood58 said:

So who transfers Corbin or Spiller...Jimbo only plays 2 backs
Idk about Jimbo only playing 2 backs. Haven't gone back that far. But my guess would be Corbin because Spiller got much better as the season went along, and is truly "Jimbo's recruit". But who really knows?

IMO Corbin should move to wide receiver. He runs more like receiver than a running back, and he has the explosiveness to make an impact there. If Davis and Rogers both declare for the draft, we're going to be in dire need of some experience at WR.
It's incredible to me that Rogers thinks he's ready for the nfl, Other than being tall, he's proven nothing this year. QD has made a few plays but needs more time to work on his route running. He's been far from a standout and has been almost non existent in big games against top competition.
Ready for the NFL? No, I seriously doubt he thinks he's leaving to get a first round grade. Ready to move on? Yes. Some guys just don't want to hang out in college for their 5th season and are ready to make the jump regardless.
beerad12man
AG
Hollywood58 said:

A&M only school I think he starts at immediately but Georgia or LSU are better fits for him....With A&M not addressing lineman as recruiting priority don't see any RB successful in this Offense.
If we get Shepherd, which everyone expects, that is a heck of a 2 year haul for Fisher's first 2 class. Add in what is an elite in state 2021 OL class, and I bet it's 3 good/great classes in a row.

What you saw on the field in 2019 has nothing to do with who will be blocking for our future RBs in 2-3 years.

Quote:

Williams was a baller before Jimbo got to A&M he just had to share the load his Sophomore year versus his last year at A&M when he carried the load...Cook was just special and he would have been that way in any Offense...Georgia and LSU have produced more NFL RB
Also another clearly biases, s**** take directed at taking any credit away from our head coach who has had ample RB success in his career. Just ridiculous.
Southlake
Corbin runs straight up. He won't last long.

Spillers does too to some extent, but he weighs 225. Next year he'll be 235.
Bill Superman
AG
Evans is supposed to be filming his commit video on campus today so he can drop it next Wednesday when he signs with the good guys
Ridge14
TEXAS FINEST
Not Biased but think kid goes where line established versus what could be. in severe years...At end of day its about kids success so wherever he chooses I will be good either way...Can't be selfish and think A&M is best fit for him when knowing line is potentially 3yrs away..Thats not taking credit away from Coach but reality is RB goes as far as line takes them
Ifishandlie
AG
Hollywood58 said:

Not Biased but think kid goes where line established versus what could be. in severe years...At end of day its about kids success so wherever he chooses I will be good either way...Can't be selfish and think A&M is best fit for him when knowing line is potentially 3yrs away..Thats not taking credit away from Coach but reality is RB goes as far as line takes them

Agree 100% except LSU is losing a lot of players. Something like 15 seniors alone.
They'll be rebuilding too

I'm hoping that's what gives us a shot. Long shot, but a shot
rgag12
AG
Bill Superman said:

Evans is supposed to be filming his commit video on campus today so he can drop it next Wednesday when he signs with the good guys

Doesn't he still have school to go to today? Not to mention a football practice for a state semi-final?
vander54
S
Hollywood58 said:

Our OL is losing one senior and most will be glad he is gone. Our 2nd string OL is 3 true Fish and Soph on it. Plus we started a true fish this year. I'm not saying we will be better on the OL next year but I expect it to look a lot different than this year.
World's worst proofreader
beerad12man
AG
The future line isn't established. Same as us, you will have completely different set of 5 starters in as little as 2 years. Zach Evans won't be the likely workhorse back for either program until 2021 at the earliest. In LSUs case, they have all JR/SRs starting, meaning their 2021 isn't established. By the time Evans is their main back, they have the same unknown OL as we do that's all about projections of their 2018/2019/2020 classes.

They have one commit now, worse than 2 of our guys, and their 2019 OL class wasn't any better. Any decent recruiter can point this out easily and any recruit with a decent head on their shoulders can see this.
TEXAS FINEST
Come on man once a Ag always Ag...Can't be happy one is gone but I understand...I been watching film of lineman committs and like what they bringing. Hopefully it will translate to College..Shepherd kid would be huge get
DisTex
AG
Can we show our love by naming buildings after him?
How about the Zachary Engineering Complex or Evans Library?

Naaaa, too much redtape.

aggieclay
Bill Superman said:

Not you again!!!! You broke my heart.
Slamn Sharpe
Spiller is good at everything but not great at any.
Corbin is more elusive and faster than Spiller.

We need someone with elite speed. Though Richardson may or may not have it. He's a big body with good feet and speed and would make a solid every down RB. I dont know why he hasn't been "the guy".

hunter2012
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

Spiller is good at everything but not great at any.
Corbin is more elusive and faster than Spiller.

We need someone with elite speed. Though Richardson may or may not have it. He's a big body with good feet and speed and would make a solid every down RB. I dont know why he hasn't been "the guy".

As long as Jimbo is head coach the answer to why we don't see "x" player is because he doesn't know the offense as well as other maybe less talented players. For better or worse Jimbo won't play players that don't know the scheme yet.
Bill Superman
AG
aggieclay said:

Bill Superman said:

Not you again!!!! You broke my heart.

Not sure Jimbo even wants that kid anymore

Pull yourself together
ashley
Great running backs and receivers will play over any less player even if they can quote the Bible and coach the Cowboys.
SBISA Victim
AG
Bill Superman said:

PneumAg
Bill Superman said:

Don't troll.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Southlake said:

Corbin runs straight up. He won't last long.

Spillers does too to some extent, but he weighs 225. Next year he'll be 235.
I like RB's that run straight up, like Rodney Thomas, Eric Dickerson and a guy that played for Georgia, Robert Edwards. I just like watching that style type because it seems impossible to do and some do it with ease.

Robert Edwards link below if interested.

https://www.facebook.com/TheUGAVault/videos/robert-edwards-career/1305511836248746/
TEXAS FINEST
Good One
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Williams was a baller before Jimbo got to A&M he just had to share the load his Sophomore year versus his last year at A&M when he carried the load...

Williams was fast and elusive. Jimbo developed him into a true everydown back.
Pumpkinhead
AG
With Corbin, keep in mind that was a severe injury he suffered that is requiring nearly a year of rehab. We have no idea whether he will be the same guy or diminished from what he was when he returns in the Fall.
Bill Superman
AG
PneumAg said:

Bill Superman said:

Don't troll.

Steve Wiltfong just put in his crystal ball for Evans to A&M

Think he's trolling us too?
PneumAg
Bill Superman said:

PneumAg said:

Bill Superman said:

Don't troll.

No. I think the notion that Zach Evans has already made his decision, came to campus and secretly filmed his commitment video, and is 100% locked into A&M is a troll.

I don't think Evans has decided yet, and I think there will be some wild swings back and forth with us and LSU between now and signing day. Also, a Wiltfong CB is far from a sure thing. His crystal ball goes where the wind blows. If he hears something about Evans having second thoughts tonight, he'll change it again.

All of that said, I think we're in good standing with Evans. I hope we can land him.
PneumAg
Bill Superman said:

PneumAg said:

Bill Superman said:

Don't troll.

Also, I just checked 247 and Wiltfong still has his CB for Zach to LSU from what I can see.
Bill Superman
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a couple of commit videos filmed for multiple schools

With us currently trending it would be nice if he signed early and ended it next week
vander54
S
PneumAg said:

Bill Superman said:

PneumAg said:

Bill Superman said:

Don't troll.

Also, I just checked 247 and Wiltfong still has his CB for Zach to LSU from what I can see.

I think he Wiltfong made a comment that he thinks A&M.could still land Evan's but yes he hasn't changed his CB yet.
World's worst proofreader
The Vonster
AG
Where do you see that he changed his CB? it is still to LSU right now...
Ifishandlie
AG
The Vonster said:

Where do you see that he changed his CB? it is still to LSU right now...

It's not changed.
The Vonster
AG
yep, not sure what he is talking about. Boards would be on fire if we got a CB for evans from anyone right now haha
Ifishandlie
AG
The Vonster said:

yep, not sure what he is talking about. Boards would be on fire if we got a CB for evans from anyone right now haha

Looking good though. LSU is talking about flipping the tu back. Bijuan .,something like that. No idea if they can but they think they can
AgEng06
AG
Ifishandlie said:

The Vonster said:

Looking good though. LSU is talking about flipping the tu back. Bijuan .,something like that. No idea if they can but they think they can
Evans to the good guys and LSU flips Bijan. That would be awesome!
Bill Superman
AG
The Vonster said:

"I believe there is reason to think Evans will end up with A&M now. The latest visit was very promising, talking to a source." - Wiltfong
TyHolden
AG
AgEng06 said:

Ifishandlie said:

The Vonster said:

LSU flips Bijan. That would be awesome!
we play LSU now....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.