Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M can stop corrupt officiating

10,952 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by annie88
OKC~Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A&M is important enough that we demand structural change within SEC.

SEC must set up post game fairness commison.
They do officiating analysis to weed out blatantly missed callers
Get rid of the bad caller and increase cadre of the honest callers.
Make the report public every week so public know how many missed call they were in a game. Data will be another part of the game...post-game.

I am sick of blatant protection of BAMA and alike in the sec.

babyshark
OKC~Ag said:

A&M is important enough

nah
Cromagnum
AG
OKC~Ag said:

A&M is important enough that we demand structural change within SEC.

Make the report public every week so public know how many missed call they were in a game. Data will be another part of the game...post-game.

MD1993
AG
So if we will set up a commission made up of retired refs who will then review and investigate other refs to determine if the refs are bad. Yep, no way that could get corrupted and end up with the same product.

Also, you also assume that refs do not get evaluations done already. I do not know myself, but I am willing to bet there is something already in place.
Post removed:
by user
BMX Bandit
This thread is sarcasm, right?
Humorous Username
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Every play is evaluated and each official gets graded

SEC Grading Official: "Let's see, you called a false start on UGA, so that's 5 points off. And you missed two PI calls that would have given A&M first downs in critical situations, so that's 5 points back to you, and here's that down payment for that second house you want. The SEC thanks you for helping us get two in the playoff again."
AggieDad74
OKC~Ag said:

A&M is important enough that we demand structural change within the SEC.

I believe that you can try demanding in one hand and crapping in the other and seeing which one fills up the quickest!
Not a Bot
AG
The problem with officiating isn't that refs make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, we are all human.

If a coach makes a mistake, everyone talks about it and film gets shown over and over about this play call or that play call or what not. If a quarterback throws an interception or if a defensive back misses an assignment, there's replay over and over again and media outlets talk about it nonstop. This includes official SEC media outlets and social media.

When a ref makes a mistake, crickets. There may be a system in place but the fact that the system isn't public at all, not even a little bit, only leaves the door open for people to completely distrust the system. It opens the door to conspiracy theories and talk of officials being intentionally biased in favor of one team or another.

Not only is the SEC office completely silent on officiating mistakes, coaches and official SEC outlets are not allowed to even mention it. It is a cone of silence.

I don't think it would hurt the officials for the conference to make some of their internal review process public, and perhaps even publicizing the written material given to athletic departments after games. You don't even need to name names or go beyond just saying "this was a mistake, this was why it happened, etc."
Post removed:
by user
TexasLeaguer
AG
This guy gets it
fieldtrailer
AG
I doubt the refs are doing this on their own.
rambo_99
Or we could just have better gameplans and play better.
Captain Awesome
monarch
S
Don't ever name "names." You could open yourself to lawsuits on that one
BMX Bandit
monarch said:

Don't ever name "names." You could open yourself to lawsuits on that one

This is not accurate.

"John Bible takes bribes for football games" doesn't open you up to lawsuits any unite than "the field judge in the A&M UGA game takes bribes fir football games"
Coog_aTm
Good video, but that doesn't even include the two obvious targeting fouls that should of been called, the 3rd down sneak where Mond appears to have gotten the first down but the refs blew it dead because they said his forward progress was stopped even though it wasn't and when Wydermyer's forward progress was obviously stopped in the first half, the refs waited until enough defenders could have time to rip the ball out.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

when Wydermyer's forward progress was obviously stopped, [

Very fake knew
Cromagnum
AG
Captain Awesome said:

It's pretty ****ty to see all of them together.
Coog_aTm
The SEC protects its top teams and especially their blue bloods if all things are equal. The only way A&M can stop it is to be ranked higher.
OKC~Ag

I think Mond played very well in the 2nd half and Defense play well enough win the game. I bet the player believes that too.

To review missed calls Monday after and report how many missed against A&M and UGA would be good for the game. Transparency is always good.

It would confirm player's and fans' suspicion, that called was missed and we can move on.
If we were on the other side of the coin flip, we can laugh about getting lucky and move on too.
Mule
AG
Moxley said:

The problem with officiating isn't that refs make mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, we are all human.

If a coach makes a mistake, everyone talks about it and film gets shown over and over about this play call or that play call or what not. If a quarterback throws an interception or if a defensive back misses an assignment, there's replay over and over again and media outlets talk about it nonstop. This includes official SEC media outlets and social media.

When a ref makes a mistake, crickets. There may be a system in place but the fact that the system isn't public at all, not even a little bit, only leaves the door open for people to completely distrust the system. It opens the door to conspiracy theories and talk of officials being intentionally biased in favor of one team or another.

Not only is the SEC office completely silent on officiating mistakes, coaches and official SEC outlets are not allowed to even mention it. It is a cone of silence.

I don't think it would hurt the officials for the conference to make some of their internal review process public, and perhaps even publicizing the written material given to athletic departments after games. You don't even need to name names or go beyond just saying "this was a mistake, this was why it happened, etc."
Good post...We all want to see the integrity of the game improved and congrats to Georgia for winning a hard fought game.

The players should decide the outcome...not the officials - be it intentional or unintentional. No game can be called perfect with the technology and processes available today, but we have seen marked improvement with adding the replay official. Someday AI will come into play but we are a ways off from that. In the meantime, making blatant (this will need to be defined carefully) PI or holding subject to review would restore the SEC's image.

The players, coaches, fans and frankly the dollars invested into the game deserve better than what we witnessed Saturday. It's time for better accountability for the sake of the game and all stakeholders.
Texas Aggies
Emilio Fantastico
AG
rambo_99 said:

But why should certain teams not have to do that?
iluvpoker
The conference gets $6 million for every team that makes the playoffs. That's a lot of money.
Houstonag
AG
I have no faith in the SEC brass in Birmingham. They will do nothing and sweep it away. They do not want accountability. That means they are without personal integrity or honor. Just look at where they live.

I have seen this in government and quasi type organizations. It takes true leadership to have accountability.
WtHrOoOlPl
AG
Its honestly just blatant to 'bama & then like all sports to the book. SEC is their conference. Still would rather be here than a conference owned by the short horns.
Aggie Football is only played for 2 quarters, choose wisely.
'03, '09 Walton Loads
ColoAg95
AG
The calls/no calls yesterday were egregious. Enough to change the outcome of the game. I thought we left the Big 12.
dreyOO
I agree with the OP sentiment. We should have enough influence to apply pressure. That pressure can come in many forms, but even the YouTube videos highlighting the BS are great if we can get the views up and show a common theme with the protected class in the SEC.
Houstonag
AG
I agree. Video exposure can help. I wish I had the skill to put it together and send it to every SEC member president as well as to Birmingham.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Great point, players and coaches are under very high pressure to do their job, and under a giant microscope. Why aren't refs under some of that as well?
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Every play is evaluated and each official gets graded
To what end. Nothing is done, status quo ensues, and at the end of the day A&M still got hosed. The desired outcome was achieved. People received their compensation for the out come that was wanted. End of the fckin story.
"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
NavyVetAg
Can easily stop it by scoring a hell of a lot more than 13 points. This way bad calls don't affect The result
PA24
AG
We r not that good, blaming refs is what losers normally do.

S.A. Aggie
AG
rambo_99 said:

Only our AD can complain about this along with the others that it has happened too. If they do, I applaud them. If they don't then they are they too are spineless and are too afraid of saying any.
annie88
AG
Do officiating crews watch video from their games the week before and critique?

Do they actually understand what calls they missed and how blatant they were at times?

Are there any fines for missed calls?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.