Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

PAPN Podcast: AgChad Morris will be fired. Should we hire him as an analyst?

7,960 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
BrotherChad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgs wanted him more than Jimbo. Premium members, please bump related threads as proof.

Honestly I do like his offensive concepts. We could #Saban here some and get him to help out with a struggling offense while he gets his payout from Arky.

It's a win win win for everyone involved.

Discuss.

Bunk Moreland
I already said this on a previous thread a week or 2 ago, brother.
BrotherChad
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Yeah but who was your source bro?

PAPN has been right on multiple coaching changes.
Dad
AG
I want Bret Beliema as a consultant too. Maybe his wife could work for Texags so they'll both have something to do.
Bunk Moreland
BrotherChad said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Yeah but who was your source bro?

PAPN has been right on multiple coaching changes.

I'm a detective. Don't need sources.
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
aggie-master said:

I want Bret Beliema as a consultant too. Maybe his wife could work for Texags so they'll both have something to do.

He's an actual coach for the best franchise in the NFL. Why would he come be our consultant, unless he's ******ed.

I would definitely like to consult with his wife though.
rootube
AG
BrotherChad said:

TexAgs wanted him more than Jimbo. Premium members, please bump related threads as proof.

Honestly I do like his offensive concepts. We could #Saban here some and get him to help out with a struggling offense while he gets his payout from Arky.

Discuss.

I see a couple holes with your idea
  • Fisher is very likely running our offense
  • The Hog offense is currently the worst in the entire conference

W
AG
once the Hogs lost to Ole Miss and A&M...Morris was likely done...as an 0-16 start in league play was not acceptable
Short Round
Miss me yet?

Alpha Texan
AG
I would probably take Morris as an assistant here, but I think he is a little bit upset at us for not hiring him as our HC, even though it was clearly the right move in hindsight.
NyAggie
AG
Morris has been a disaster at Arkansas, not sure who they can get though

That's a tough, tough job now with bama, LSU, auburn and A&M in your division all pulling top 10 recruiting classes on a yearly basis now

The SEC, particularly the west, is not a league you can compete in without talent

It's not like other leagues that only have a couple of teams with top 10 talent; the sec goes about 6 or 7 deep in that department and most of the others are still top 25 in talent

BQ_90
AG
Maybe he can consult on special teams
AAggie
Would rather have him than Dickey as the OC/QB guy. He can bring some spread concepts to the table for Fisher to incorporate.
Not a Bot
AG
That job was just a bad fit for a spread offense coach. He's still trying to fit square pegs into round holes.
hogfan14
NyAggie said:

Morris has been a disaster at Arkansas, not sure who they can get though

That's a tough, tough job now with bama, LSU, auburn and A&M in your division all pulling top 10 recruiting classes on a yearly basis now

The SEC, particularly the west, is not a league you can compete in without talent

It's not like other leagues that only have a couple of teams with top 10 talent; the sec goes about 6 or 7 deep in that department and most of the others are still top 25 in talent

Fans understand that just as long as you don't lose to teams like North Texas, Colorado State or San Jose State.

Mike Norvell or Bill Clark are the names being thrown around right now. Appalacian State's Eli Drinkwitz is another one to keep an eye on but he hasn't been there long enough really.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BrotherChad said:

Discuss.

No. We don't need you here. Good luck wherever you end up.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Alpha Texan said:

I would probably take Morris as an assistant here, but I think he is a little bit upset at us for not hiring him as our HC, even though it was clearly the right move in hindsight.

He was never considered for the job....
W
AG
what's strange about the Arkansas situation...it seems like the in-state talent has dried up.

where is the next Darren McFadden or Hunter Henry? They were from Little Rock
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
Jimbo needs Chad Morris?????

Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
Sterling82
I became skeptical of Morris' offensive genius his last year at SMU. He had some top flight talent at receiver and Xavier Jones at RB s and did very little with it against mediocre competition. The follow up performance at Arkansas has been appallingly bad. I don't think he can help us.
Ag_EE_88
AG
He just needs his guys.
swc93
AG
The ones winning at SMU?
TexAgH102
Maybe we are looking to hire a summer intern?
hogfan14
W said:

what's strange about the Arkansas situation...it seems like the in-state talent has dried up.

where is the next Darren McFadden or Hunter Henry? They were from Little Rock

Most of Petrino's guys were from Arkansas too. Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, etc. They're all playing basketball now. Arkansas has like five 4* basketball players in 2020 which is more than the state has in football and I would guess more than they've ever had before in b-ball in one class (might sound silly compared to Texas but it's a small state).

Quote:

I became skeptical of Morris' offensive genius his last year at SMU. He had some top flight talent at receiver and Xavier Jones at RB s and did very little with it against mediocre competition.

That's not exactly true. His defense at SMU was awful but his last year SMU was top 10 in the country in scoring and they were one of two FBS teams that had a 3,000-yard passer, 1000-yard rusher and multiple 1,000-yard receivers.
cevans_40
AG
It's like almost every poster on this board has forgotten how the spread worked in the SEC.
DM44
Unless Jerry Jones steps up, how can Arkansas afford to pay 2 ex coaches and hire a new HC + staff?
Locknload
AG
Can we get his QB son in a package deal?
BrotherChad
AG
DM44 said:

Unless Jerry Jones steps up, how can Arkansas afford to pay 2 ex coaches and hire a new HC + staff?

Well I think that's the assumption: Jerry will step up. Also since Walmart HQ is In Fayetteville I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that their are some BM boosters from that family as well. I think Arky has more money than people think.

PAPN was saying Arky is going to make another pass at Gus, but they predict it'll be unsuccessful again.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
What the hell is PAPN?
BrotherChad
AG
PAPN Podcast

It is the Wednesday Oct 25, 2019 episode that they specifically talk about Chad Morris and other coaches on the hotseat. Steven Godfrey has good inside sources in most programs, and generally doesn't hint at coaching changes until he has a good read on the situation.

Listen for yourself and decide.
Agvet12
AG
They won't fire Chad unless they have someone lined up at the moment, I get their impatient and their record sucks but not this year.

Next year I can see it happening
hogfan14
DM44 said:

I think part of Bielema's is offset by his job with the patriots, and last I saw we were trying to get out of paying some of it saying that he didn't adequately look for employment soon enough which was one of the stipulations for him getting the buyout.

Walmart doesn't give a huge amount to athletics but Tyson gives some to track. Jerry Jones does most for football. J.B. Hunt and Stephens Inc. do some as well. We have a lot of money invested into the Razorback Foundation (nonprofit fundraising arm) since when Broyles created it decades ago it was one of the first of its kind in college athletics and we don't use any taxpayer or state money for athletics so we can survive for a while unless we keep having the attendance like we did last Saturday. Can't afford to just live on profits from basketball and baseball.
Tango_Mike
BrotherChad said:

DM44 said:

Well I think that's the assumption: Jerry will step up. Also since Walmart HQ is In Fayetteville I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that their are some BM boosters from that family as well. I think Arky has more money than people think.

PAPN was saying Arky is going to make another pass at Gus, but they predict it'll be unsuccessful again.

Walmart is in Bentonville, which is on the Missouri border.

While some of the Waltons did attend Arkansas, I'd be completely shocked if any of them is giving money for a football coach. They spend their donations on charter schools, art, and schools in Africa
EXCELL
Quote:

I'm a Democrat. Don't need sources and won't reveal them.
FIFY
DM44
Short Round said:

Miss me yet?

Maybe?

Look at the record:

Petrino hired
2008 5-7
2009 8-5
2010 10-3 Sugar Bowl
2011 11-2 Cotton Bowl

Petrino - Oops! / Smith fills in / A&M joins SEC
2012 4-8

Bielema
2013 3-9
2014 7-6
2015 8-5
2016 7-6
2017 4-8

Morris
2018 2-10
2019 2-5
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.