Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Seemingly Buzzed Herbie and Fowler on A&M and Kyle Field

16,962 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Spotted Ag
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's gonna take one coach for you guys who refuses to lose at home, so that a tradition and standard is built. Once it is, it takes on a life of its own. Didn't happen for us til SOS.
And yes, before the inevitable comes...congrats for your 2017 win.
Muy
AG
gooberhead said:

The attitude on this board is a reflection of the Kyle Field crowd, and vice versa. Self-loathing, impatient and quick to give up.

Bull****, most of us show up, yell our asses off, and stay until the bitter end.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Muy said:

gooberhead said:

The attitude on this board is a reflection of the Kyle Field crowd, and vice versa. Self-loathing, impatient and quick to give up.

Bull****, most of us show up, yell our asses off, and stay until the bitter end.

What's most? 55%? Because the Auburn game would prove this statement very false.
Muy
AG
Okay, I agree the Auburn exit with 8:29 was concerning. But the amount of Ags not at the game who ***** about those fans is worse.
Cstatbro
Stoopkid said:

TxAg76 said:

aglaes said:

Pretty much right. Home crowd is supposed to get loud when your defense is on the field. For a LONG time our defense has been so bad the 12th Man could never really get into the game. Defense is better under Elko, but not yet good enough to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy like the old Wrecking Crew days.

Play great defense = have intimidating crowd presence.

Crowd has to hang around first. Bolting midway thru Q3 won't work

This is the whole chicken or the egg problem. Crowd will stay around if the team gives them something to stay for.
Nebraska doesn't seem to have that problem.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Agreed, but I was at the game. I'd never seen the A&M crowd leave with a game still in contention against a top ten opponent like that. It, clearly, is still bugging me.
30wedge
12thAngryMan said:

In case you missed it, Chris Fowler, Herbie, and Bear ripped A&M in last night's "nightcap recap". A&M discussion starts at 3:02. TL;DR: A&M has no chance against Alabama, and the home field advantage at Kyle Field is a joke. They tell it like it is after a few drinks...

Chris Fowler Nightcap Recap

I don't watch pre-game, post-game, game day, etc. or listen to sports talk radio (I have heard of Chris Fowler, and think I know who Herbie is, but have never heard of Bear (other than the famous dead one) but your TL;DR comments are correct. We don't have a chance against Alabama and Kyle Field hasn't been a home field advantage in a long time. Much of what has transpired since it used to be a home field advantage has been to detract from that. It is a glittery advertisement, it has a damn stupid DJ or all things, its not conducive to being what it once was. Of course, what we have put on the field most years isn't either, whether due to players, coaches, or both.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Kyle Field is the NCAA equivalent of Wrigley Field experience. That said, as we continue to turn to a staged environment, a la the DJ, and marginalizing the elements that built the environment, we are becoming more like the standard NFL in-game atmosphere. In the NFL, everything is scripted for all of the teams.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
This Dude Abides
AgDotCom said:

The Jumbotrons and piped in music all game long have sucked the life out of the crowd. The last time the full power of the 12th Man was on display was Nebraska 2010, and it wasn't just awesome, it was downright scary even for some Aggies like me. Good defense helps but is not mandatory, see OU 2000 where lots of points were scored, and I left Kyle physically beat down by the 3 hour cascade of jet engine-like noise.

We have sold out, and it won't be fixed until we hit the mute button. What do you expect when you have a loud video playing on 1/4 acre of video boards? 100,000 people yelling with snot flying out their nose or people standing there looking at a video with their mouths open catching flies? Let the game speak for itself, you have no chance trying to manufacture something better.

Spot on. I was at that game and miss that intimidatiing atmosphere.
PFG
AG
Lots of "back in the day" posts on this thread.

Dudes - we sucked then as well. Kyle might have been louder, but that didn't matter often enough to make a difference.

The words spoken by Herb and Bear paint a much broader stroke than just our home field (non) advantage. It's speaks to our program and it's view on a national level.

Remember when we belonged to the B12, and how we viewed TTech? Little brother that could scare up a lucky win now and again, but didn't matter in the overall picture of the conference or the country.

That's how we are viewed today. Marginal in our conference, non factor nationally.

Stop making this about video boards and commercials on the big screen. This is about Ws and Ls and being a team that strikes fear in opposing coaches and coordinators as they prepare to play us. We don't. So we don't matter. Our effort vs Arky was all the national media needed to see to know what track we are on. Yet this board was full of "ill take it! A W is a W!" False.
WhataMaroon88
AG
AgDotCom said:

The Jumbotrons and piped in music all game long have sucked the life out of the crowd. The last time the full power of the 12th Man was on display was Nebraska 2010, and it wasn't just awesome, it was downright scary even for some Aggies like me. Good defense helps but is not mandatory, see OU 2000 where lots of points were scored, and I left Kyle physically beat down by the 3 hour cascade of jet engine-like noise.

We have sold out, and it won't be fixed until we hit the mute button. What do you expect when you have a loud video playing on 1/4 acre of video boards? 100,000 people yelling with snot flying out their nose or people standing there looking at a video with their mouths open catching flies? Let the game speak for itself, you have no chance trying to manufacture something better.

You nailed it. This and add cell phone usage is out of control.
runontexas
AG
New stadium with the $40 chicken wrap ruined the intimidation factor.
Muy
AG
Nonregdrummer09 said:

Agreed, but I was at the game. I'd never seen the A&M crowd leave with a game still in contention against a top ten opponent like that. It, clearly, is still bugging me.

Me too. I have a video I took of the aisles loaded with Ags shuffling up their stairs in the North End Zone at 8:29 which I believe was when Auburn marched right down the field for a TD.
DGAG92
AG
"That's a fightin Texas Aggie......."

"First Down"

VERY INTIMIDATING!!....this is the gheyest **** on the planet, leave that **** at the Houston Texans games and get back to the days when the Kyle Field announcers knew when to shut the **** up.
Class of 1992
Sgt. Schultz
AG
LewP said:

You know, I have a theory.

When the train is running good, EVERYONE wants to ride it.

When the train is a little slow and not running right, no one wants to ride it.

How sweet will it be when A&M wins a national championship and we can say we were here the entire time?
Dude, I will enjoy it immensely. That said, I have been fully invested in Aggie football for over 50 years. Outside of a stretch in the late 80s-early 90s and an occasional flash here & there, we have never lived up to our billing. We have been hyped big time since Y2K, and and have not won a conference championship in over 20 years and have only won 10 games or more once. Sooner or later you got put up or shut up/
I know NOTHING!!!!
PFG
AG
Quote:

How sweet will it be when A&M wins a national championship and we can say we were here the entire time?

What does this even mean? So you can say on a message board, or around your company coffee pot, or the every other year family reunion that you always said positive things about a program that underperformed for decades and it makes you a better Aggie?

No one will GAF. No one. Get over yourself. It's ok to say mean things when you expect better and never see it. Ever.
ILuvAgLand
No offense but some of you 2%ers might as well go root for the sips or ou. Although you probably just root for sec now to make you feel like a winner

Unbelievable
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Flexbone said:

chipotle said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: We're not that good a program. We get a spark once every decade(92-93, 98, 2012) or so but that's it. It's not who we've been hiring it's Whoever is doing the hiring is the issue and I'm not talking about the AD. Something is rotten in the water here.
How we've done in the past is completely irrelevant. You're looking for things that aren't there. There are PLENTY of programs with way less history than us that break out and achieve. It's all about hiring the right coach and supporting him. There's nothing "in the water."

Some of you fail to realize that by all accounts, finishing second in the toughest division in football, winning 9 games, and finishing in the Top 15 ish (16) in a coach's first year is really, really good. We lost a lot of key players; a drop should have been expected, especially with this schedule.

It sucks to have to read so many stupid opinions.

It's sad watching you constantly e-defend and cheerlead for this program year after year. A&M is not good. It never has been. We won a bunch of games in the 90's against Rice, Houston and SMU but have never done anything of significance against anyone that matters. I don't know why you keep holding on to this delusional fairy tale that we are a premier program or a powerhouse. Did you not just watch Herbie and Fowler drag their drunk, sweaty nuts all over our chin and laugh at us while doing so? And there is literally nothing we can do about it because they are 100% correct. Kyle Field is a joke and everyone knows it. Commentators openly laugh at us. Everyone from Iowa State and Arkansas State to Bama and LSU casually walk into Kyle, promptly bend our program, traditions, history and culture over for four quarters and laugh at us on the way out. It's literally sadistic to expect our fan base to sit through the entire game and take it...over and over and over again, game after game, year after year but 100,000 of us do it every single year and keep coming back for more. We NEVER win big games at home. Ever. It took three literal miracles in a single game to beat a pretty good LSU team last year. Aside from that, our home record over the last twenty years or so is pathetic.

There was a good argument to be made that A&M had everything a school could possibly need to become elite, but consistently stepped on its own dick with terrible coaching hire after terrible coaching hire.
The thought was that if we could ever make a genuine hire, everything else would fall in line. That argument is now officially dead. If Jimbo Fisher can't win here, nobody will. There's no point in doing this any longer, it's over.

The problem is our culture and that isn't going to change so there's no point holding out hope that a football powerhouse will ever emerge at A&M.

But keep calling everyone idiots. Probably just a bunch of sip trolls and 2 percenters commenting on this thread. I'm gonna get banned after this post, but I'm still gonna check in every now and again hoping you'll see the light and find a better use of your life than goal tending for a school that is going to ALWAYS let you down.
I have been saying this for awhile. In a nutshell, we think we are the best in everything. We have the best of everything. Thats all well and good but it leads to a country club mindset. We need to stop with all the flash and embrace the blood, guts, hard working farmer/rancher mentality that this university was built on and be hungrier than every opponent. I am not saying being Redneck U but rather to embrace that "roll up your sleeves and get to work mindset that is necessary for success."

Our games are scripted social events, regardless of sport. If someone criticizes it, their "aggieness" is called into question. Every year we have thread after thread defending the DJ, weather forecasts, "whos the funniest player?, etc.... Hell old Sam Torn used to post and say his GDTFthey were going to fix things gameday related and all he and his crew did was screw it up even worse. Been watching it change for 50+ years and it hasn't been for the better.
I know NOTHING!!!!
TopoTacos
AG
Y'all realize other programs pipe in music and have bad crowds and still dominate, right?

Bryant Denny is a boring stadium and Bama wins every damn week. Clemson was a nice campus but not an especially overwhelming crowd and they win every week.

Having a raucous Hate Barn is great and can help the team in big moments, but this program hasn't risen to occasion consistently (and didn't seem to be able to get off the field on 3rd down for roughly 5 years).

I think we took a big step last year and this year we are seeing some growing pains... but it starts with winning in the trenches, then winning on the scoreboard, then winning in the stands.
Spotted Ag
AG
Stop being ******* when people state the negative truth about A&M.

They should win some games that matter when playing at Kyle and Olsen.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.