Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Seemingly Buzzed Herbie and Fowler on A&M and Kyle Field

16,960 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Spotted Ag
12thAngryMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In case you missed it, Chris Fowler, Herbie, and Bear ripped A&M in last night's "nightcap recap". A&M discussion starts at 3:02. TL;DR: A&M has no chance against Alabama, and the home field advantage at Kyle Field is a joke. They tell it like it is after a few drinks...

Chris Fowler Nightcap Recap
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
Until we win games, they're right.
BleacherRat
You know, I have a theory.

When the train is running good, EVERYONE wants to ride it.

When the train is a little slow and not running right, no one wants to ride it.

How sweet will it be when A&M wins a national championship and we can say we were here the entire time?
Gig 'em!
aglaes
AG
Pretty much right. Home crowd is supposed to get loud when your defense is on the field. For a LONG time our defense has been so bad the 12th Man could never really get into the game. Defense is better under Elko, but not yet good enough to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy like the old Wrecking Crew days.

Play great defense = have intimidating crowd presence.
12thAngryMan
AG
Agreed. Guess that means we have to stop including Herbstreit's line about having the best student section in all of college football now. Maybe we can play this one instead to get the fans riled up?

A&M bashing aside, these nightcap recaps are a somewhat entertaining alternative to College Football Final. Wonder how long ESPN will let them continue...
TxAg76
AG
aglaes said:

Pretty much right. Home crowd is supposed to get loud when your defense is on the field. For a LONG time our defense has been so bad the 12th Man could never really get into the game. Defense is better under Elko, but not yet good enough to get the crowd whipped into a frenzy like the old Wrecking Crew days.

Crowd has to hang around first. Bolting midway thru Q3 won't work
FrontPorchAg
Does home field advantage help offensive line pick ups?
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
FlowCtlr
AG
Very sad and true.
Stoopkid
AG
TxAg76 said:

aglaes said:

This is the whole chicken or the egg problem. Crowd will stay around if the team gives them something to stay for.
Iowaggie
AG
Sounds like they read texags
TMF
AG
Until we start playing tough/hard for 60 minutes.
gooberhead
AG
The attitude on this board is a reflection of the Kyle Field crowd, and vice versa. Self-loathing, impatient and quick to give up.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Loud does not equal intimidating. Kyle Field intimidates no one, the place does not breed an ounce of hostility. All of our visitors enjoy their road trips because of how well they are treated and the win they usually go home with. Want to have a great college football road trip? Go to Texas A&M, everyone will buy you drinks and food, tell you how great you are, ask you to talk about what a great time you're having and then you usually win the game....
ArcheryAg
What does the attitude on TexAgs have to do with the product on the field?
TxAg76
AG
Stoopkid said:

TxAg76 said:

aglaes said:

This is the whole chicken or the egg problem. Crowd will stay around if the team gives them something to stay for.

No reason to leave THAT early during Auburn game
TXAggie2011
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

Loud does not equal intimidating. Kyle Field intimidates no one, the place does not breed an ounce of hostility. All of our visitors enjoy their road trips because of how well they are treated and the win they usually go home with. Want to have a great college football road trip? Go to Texas A&M, everyone will buy you drinks and food, tell you how great you are, ask you to talk about what a great time you're having and then you usually win the game....

I don't know. We're not really losing because opposing fans are treated too well. We're losing because the players and coaches on the field aren't intimidated.
wilhunting
AG
We've done less with more than any other power 5 program. It's extremely frustrating and very hard to understand. BUT - it's my team and I keep coming back.

BTHO BAMA!
TXAggie2011
AG
I've had a couple of friends who have coached at Kyle Field, as members of multiple staffs, tell me that frankly, the cat is out of the bag.

Players and coaches in the SEC (and outside the SEC) have either won here by now, sometimes multiple times, or know a bunch of people who have.

A big piece of home field advantage is perception and how you go into it. Alabama, Auburn, etc. have no reason to go into Kyle Field anymore with any particular amount of fear.

It's going to take a few years of hard nosed football and if A&M can squeak out a few LSU-type wins, that perception will start to creep back in.
CostanzaWallet
AG
They are 100% correct. Both about the Ags chances against Bama and the home field advantage.

Truth hurts.
TXAggie2011
AG
I don't really care too much when folks left the Auburn game. Auburn came in and got everything they wanted at the very start.

They're not coming in nervous, still in awe, or anything. Then they, like many, realize they can tone out the droning "aaaaa" after a while.

We actually made it a little more interesting later in the game when the crowd had thinned out.

That's not to excuse leaving early. Obviously you don't want the perception that if you can punch A&M in the nose, they'll fold.

Lateralus Ag
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

So we have to be Tech fans or the inbred mouthbreathers and treat opposing fans like **** before we can win games at home.

Who knew?
Maroon Dawn
AG
gooberhead said:

The attitude on this board is a reflection of the Kyle Field crowd, and vice versa. Self-loathing, impatient and quick to give up.

You get that we were EMBARRASSED in both games against top teams

At NO POINT were we a threat to win those games

Then we were EMBARRASSED by a team that lost to SJSU at home and barely snuck away with a win

So what has this team done to earn patience and support?

NOTHING

N
O
T
H
I
N
G

And "being a Good Ag" who just keeps giving the AD their money and never demanding results in return is WHY we do less with more than anyone else in CFB

Get angry and demand results or accept eternal mediocrity

I'm pissed
CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
TxAg76 said:

aglaes said:

Then the team shouldn't play like garbage and be out of the game by the third quarter. The team can directly control the fan atmosphere. Play like garbage, and the atmosphere sucks. Play your ass off, and the atmosphere feeds on it. Our team has been unprepared for every game this year, both coaching-wise and effort-wise.
Artorias
AG
gooberhead said:

Decades of mediocrity is not "quick"

turboboost
AG
Hsssssssssssss
Hsssssssssssss
Hsssssssssssss

That'll show 'em
SA-AG72
AG
I always make it a point to visit the zoo each day to get my spirits lifted. Thanks zoo, you don't disappoint !
cevans_40
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

gooberhead said:

You get that we were EMBARRASSED in both games against top teams

At NO POINT were we a threat to win those games

Then we were EMBARRASSED by a team that lost to SJSU at home and barely snuck away with a win

So what has this team done to earn patience and support?

NOTHING

N
O
T
H
I
N
G

And "being a Good Ag" who just keeps giving the AD their money and never demanding results in return is WHY we do less with more than anyone else in CFB

Get angry and demand results or accept eternal mediocrity

I'm pissed

Yeah! Fire everybody!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What a long workday! Not saying I feel sorry for them , just saying it is a long day.
Krazykat
AG
12thAngryMan said:

In case you missed it, Chris Fowler, Herbie, and Bear ripped A&M in last night's "nightcap recap". A&M discussion starts at 3:02. TL;DR: A&M has no chance against Alabama, and the home field advantage at Kyle Field is a joke. They tell it like it is after a few drinks...

Chris Fowler Nightcap Recap

They speak the truth. We can't get butt hurt over the truth.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
This pisses me off. It's not like A&M has a history of being a great road team. There is a difference in the home crowd doing everything they can to make the atmosphere what it is and the football team being absolutely mediocre for decades.

I have been to Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, OU, Texas, Baylor, Texas Tech, Mississippi State, and not a single place was louder than A&M has been time after time. The only stadium I've been in that felt "intimidating" at all is Alabama. And it was only when I looked up at the walls and saw 17 years of National Championships displayed.

We can yell all we want but until they allow the student section to start making tackles, that's all it is. And it's better than any environment I've ever been to.
ag12-7
The fat guy in the back is an idiot!
Dallasag02
AG
Kyle has long been a tourist attraction, not a hard place to play.
Callate Donnie
Back in the 90s we rarely lost at home. Kyle rocked. Several years of mediocrity and the advent of smart phones definitely changed the environment.
Tobias Funke
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

You are confusing fan experience with visiting player experience. It's an intimidating atmosphere for an opposing player, but not enough to overcome how much our teams have sucked for most of the past 20 years
Gidnik
nothing they said was inaccurate.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.