Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Game Thread TEXAS A&M vs auburn *****

221,011 Views | 3218 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by schwack schwack
Texas 1836
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Vepp said:

Ross Bjork, the atmosphere needs to be fixed. I have no idea what is wrong, but their has to be something you can do to get the crowd more engaged. The apathy was apparent.

Kyle field has sucked since the renovation. Everything is a simulation of an atmosphere. It's plastic, and the DJ, and ads, and gimmicks, and recognition of the horse riding team just dillute it all. Just my opinion.
THis. Scattering the students around the stadium. Can't see the yell leaders. They act every second they aren't blaring that stupid loudspeaker is a million dollars lost.
ArcheryAg
Now its Kyle Fields fault? Give me a break.
aggiedad7
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Vepp said:

Ross Bjork, the atmosphere needs to be fixed. I have no idea what is wrong, but their has to be something you can do to get the crowd more engaged. The apathy was apparent.

Kyle field has sucked since the renovation. Everything is a simulation of an atmosphere. It's plastic, and the DJ, and ads, and gimmicks, and recognition of the horse riding team just dillute it all. Just my opinion.
Not going down 14-3 in the 1st quarter helps.
Texas 1836
AG
And it looked like Auburn had no fear of mond the first half and stacked the line daring him to throw
sail33or
AG
Just so I am on record.

A&M is an average okay Texas sckool.

They suck at Football.

They over pay coaches.

Great Texas athletes go to Bama, Okla, Texas, etc.

Manziel was an abberation never to befall an A&M ever again.

Jimbo is a stupid name

Jimbo left Florida State because just look at Florida State

A&M students and former students are great but they think because of that their football team is great.

Their football team sucks.

aggiehawg
AG
redjalapeno-87 said:

Auburn had more team speed, a better O-line, D-line, better special teams, and they out coached us. We'll get them next year.
Considering the visiting team has won this game now 7 of 8, that would just be par for the course.
Cedar09
sail33or said:

Just so I am on record.

A&M is an average okay Texas sckool.

They suck at Football.

They over pay coaches.

Great Texas athletes go to Bama, Okla, Texas, etc.

Manziel was an abberation never to befall an A&M ever again.

Jimbo is a stupid name

Jimbo left Florida State because just look at Florida State

A&M students and former students are great but they think because of that their football team is great.

Their football team sucks.

FSU got a w today! We didn't.
usmcbrooks
Starting to miss those 5-0 starts under Sumlin.
BenFiasco14
AG
Even with Manziel and a NFL caliber O line we couldn't even win our division
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
redjalapeno-87
usmcbrooks said:

Those were the days
sail33or
AG
I 100% agree that we are in the same category as Louisville and Florida State. They suck to.
92Ag95
AG
We build a new stadium..join the SEC...hire a $75M coach...thinking all these things will make us good.

That's like thinking that buying magnum size condoms, gettting some cocaine, and hiring a hooker will make your junk big.
Bison
AG
Well, Michigan lost even more embarrassingly than we did. And SMU beat TCU for the first time in forever. UCF finally went down. I'm not sure if Michigan was more embarrassing, or if we were.
Mike Elko
AG
92Ag95 said:

We build a new stadium..join the SEC...hire a $75M coach...thinking all these things will make us good.

That's like thinking that buying magnum size condoms, gettting some cocaine, and hiring a hooker will make your junk big.

Sorry that plan didn't work out for ya, dude.
usmcbrooks
Can't blame it all on Mond, 2 missed field goals, turn over to start the second half. The team beat themselves...lots of missed PI's and lining up off side calls. Missed calls aside, I just don't understand why they don't show up against good teams. Starkel is going to go in dry to prove a point.
texagco2003
AG
This may be the most truthful thing I've ever seen on this board.
phillyag92
AG
Have to beat these teams at home. Oh well, wait til next year.
agent-maroon
AG
92Ag95 said:

It'll make it bigger if the hooker is any good. For a while anyways
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiehawg
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Just the kiss before the f***. Meh.

Still me.
oysterbayAG
AG
2012 & 2013. " Those Were The Days "
GoAgs92
AG
Those missed field goals WERE on the offense....how about moving the ball so you don't have to attempt long field goals.

Sooner90
Mond is the main problem . No accuracy, slow , deflating to teammates . Then you have to look at Jimbo's coaching decisions .
Coog_aTm
Again not defending Mond, but the OL is a heap of crap. Mond actually played fine considering we couldn't run the ball at all. How about Spiller fumbling it when it was 14-3? Is that Mond's fault also?
AGHouston11
AG
Mond is not the main problem.
Lots of other problems.
DGAG92
AG
Moving to the SEC was a great thing for Texas A&M, but it was also a death sentence. We will never be consistently good enough to compete with teams like Alabama....hell we can't even win in Mississippi. Clemson will continue to be successful, because of the talent level in the ACC. Texas, and OU will continue to be in the mix for the very same reasons. We wished this SEC SEC SEC move and I'm still glad we're there, but this delusion of grandeur is a pipe dream. We'll always be, at best, a 7-8-9 game winner, we just might as well get used to it. But hey, we still can chant SEC SEC SEC when the big dogs win.
Class of 1992
Agvet12
AG
Coog_aTm said:

Again not defending Mond, but the OL is a heap of crap. Mond actually played fine considering we couldn't run the ball at all. How about Spiller fumbling it when it was 14-3? Is that Mond's fault also?

We can't run because no one respects Monds throwing ability...

We have slow T (we already knew that, and 2 new interior OL, C and RG, the C being one of the most important for run blocking..)
Poor TE blocking as well

All of this we knew already knew except everyone thought Mond was going to make a giant leap.

I blame the play calling today but it also tells me Jimbo doesn't trust Monds arm either
wyndham91
AG
We need two or three more top recruiting cycles to run Jimbo's pro-style offense that only works at a high level when the majority of the athletes on the field are superior to the opposition. We need to check our patience and short-term expectations.
DGAG92
AG
wyndham91 said:

We need two or three more top recruiting cycles to run Jimbo's pro-style offense that only works at a high level when the majority of the athletes on the field are superior to the opposition. We need to check our patience and short-term expectations.

Are 80 years of expectations, considered "short-term" expectations?
Class of 1992
wyndham91
AG
Of course 80 years of expectations is not short-term. Assuming Jimbo can come in and simply coach up a team full of inferior Sumlin-era leftovers is enough to play and win against the elite teams this soon is unrealistic. Growing pains are exactly that... pains. I think we can all agree we are heading the right direction but Jimbo can't teach elite speed/strength/intangibles. He needs the bodies and they are coming to College Station. And they will be coming here for the long haul if we don't force Jimbo out prematurely by jumping ship this early.
Class of 65
AG
Is this still the official thread?
E A DANNHAUS Class of 65
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best thing I did today was leave home at 21-3 and take the fam to adopt a new dog.
Aggie12B
AG
I will NEVER, EVER, EVER start another *****Official game thread: Texas A&M vs anybody***** Aggie football thread ever again!

My bad
aggiehawg
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Moving to the SEC was a great thing for Texas A&M, but it was also a death sentence. We will never be consistently good enough to compete with teams like Alabama....hell we can't even win in Mississippi. Clemson will continue to be successful, because of the talent level in the ACC. Texas, and OU will continue to be in the mix for the very same reasons. We wished this SEC SEC SEC move and I'm still glad we're there, but this delusion of grandeur is a pipe dream. We'll always be, at best, a 7-8-9 game winner, we just might as well get used to it. But hey, we still can chant SEC SEC SEC when the big dogs win.
So you want us back in the Big XII? A complete face plant was expected in our first year but we beat Bama.

New head coach, new staff new offensive system. We were not expected to win. But we did.

Bet you were the poster who was scared about us going to the SEC, weren't you?

I argued with so many in 2010-2011 about that, I lost count.
JOHN2010
schwack schwack
AG
The morning after.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.