Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

***** Official Game Thread TEXAS A&M vs auburn *****

228,132 Views | 3218 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by schwack schwack
Coog_aTm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How come I see 4 or 5 defensive guys in the backfield all the time.
BanderaAg956
JJxvi said:

Onionman said:

JJxvi said:

Pure Aggie said:

Mond is a cancer on the whole team

Mond is the best skill position player on the field for us and the gap is not small
Ausbon is better, IMO.

Ausbon is the most overrated player on the team. Guy doesnt get wide open, produces no bigplays, doesn't make the number of catches that a good possession receiver would make, despite the one great one handed catch today

YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! Ausbon is the best receiver on the field!
Scotty Appleton
Coog_aTm said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Coog_aTm said:

Troy Freaking Aikman would suck behind this OL

You think Troy woukd have missed the easy TD on the first drive when Mond stood in a clean pocket for 5 seconds without an Auburn defender within 5 yards?
If we can't run the ball then that puts everything on the QB. Yes, Troy is better, of course, but he never ever had a crappy OL like this

Uh, Aikman was almost concussed out of the league his first 2 years. Mond has been hit twice in the pocket today.

halfastros81
AG
Well, they got away with grand larceny last yr so I'll take it.
ArcheryAg
This reminds me of the Mark Farris days.
NavyVetAg
AG
Mond was better last year because offense could run the ball. T Williams was a beast. Blocking was better. If they can't get the ball moving on the ground it's going to get ugly by the 4th quarter. I'm hoping that our 75 Million dollars bought some good half time adjustments
AGHouston11
AG
texAZtea said:

This game has me questioning my life decisions

Well Sherman had us on a high at halftime to only leave our spirit crushed by the 4th quarter. At least we start out slow leaving glimmers of hope !
Coog_aTm
Scotty Appleton said:

Coog_aTm said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Coog_aTm said:

You think Troy woukd have missed the easy TD on the first drive when Mond stood in a clean pocket for 5 seconds without an Auburn defender within 5 yards?
If we can't run the ball then that puts everything on the QB. Yes, Troy is better, of course, but he never ever had a crappy OL like this

Uh, Aikman was almost concussed out of the league his first 2 years. Mond has been hit twice in the pocket today.

So what is your solution? Put Calzada in ?
AggieMD95
AG
themadmatter said:

When the running game is non-existant, Mond has to run occasionally. Whether he"s comfortable with it or not.

I agree. He can only be effective as a dual threat qb. He's accuracy and decision making isn't good enough to try and be a pocket passer. I think jimbo has told him not to run and is trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. His legs have to keep the defense honest
72jag
AG
At least I know how Vandy and the Vol fans feel.

JJxvi
AG
drevans956 said:

JJxvi said:

Onionman said:

JJxvi said:

Pure Aggie said:

Mond is a cancer on the whole team

Mond is the best skill position player on the field for us and the gap is not small
Ausbon is better, IMO.

Ausbon is the most overrated player on the team. Guy doesnt get wide open, produces no bigplays, doesn't make the number of catches that a good possession receiver would make, despite the one great one handed catch today

YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! Ausbon is the best receiver on the field!

Yeah hes a real difference maker and has been for 3 years now. I dont even see flashes of greatness honestly
HTownAg98
drevans956 said:

WhataMaroon88 said:

We just aren't very creative on offense.

and frosh playing at RB and TE showing inexperience. No run blocking. It's not all the o-line

Very true, we are Dumlin predictable on offense! We can't throw deep and we can't run block so it is pretty easy to predict and control the rest!

If there's no deep threat the safeties can play up closer to the los and can play both the run and pass with ease. And if you can't run the ball, those passing lanes never open up.
AGHouston11
AG
NavyVetAg said:

Mond was better last year because offense could run the ball. T Williams was a beast. Blocking was better. If they can't get the ball moving on the ground it's going to get ugly by the 4th quarter. I'm hoping that our 75 Million dollars bought some good half time adjustments

We can't run!! Period.
2ndGen87
AG
The jump roper was hotter
Scotty Appleton
schmellba99 said:

Dale Gribble said:

Kozmozag said:

Losing corbin and jackson, are to much to overcome.

Has nothing to do with the RBs. The OL is putrid.

They are pass blocking fairly well. Cant run block to save their lives though.

This and when the D doesn't fear the QB running or throwing it will continue to be that way. Mond needs to run to open things up.
halfastros81
AG
Mond needs to pull the down and make something happen with his feet if he goes thru progressions and no one is open.
JDay
Hitting a deep pass every once in a while wouldn't hurt either.
Pure Aggie
AG
samhoustonag said:

We just need a QB.
Aston04
AG
Wildman15 said:

I genuinely hope the coaching staff is just waiting for Mond to either graduate or declare for the draft. I also hope we are training the **** outta our freshman QB. Mond is not the answer. Mond never has been the answer. Im tired of of the journalists saying "In defense of Mond.....". When Mond becomes the common denominator for our offensive woes, Mond is the problem.

Mond will probably keep his starting position this year barring any serious injury, but he better be scared absolutely ****less about losing his job next year.
declare for the draft? Of what?
Coog_aTm
Agree, he need to run more because we can't even get two yards with our backs and our piss poor blocking.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm thinking Henson as a Turner replacement was a bad hire. He was OL coach at OkLite for one season?!?
"Thanks and Gig'em"
AggieMD95
AG
Why isn't the offensive line better now or at least the same as last year ? We lost the center but had lots of returnees. Is that all it takes ?
Sharpshooter
AG
Are we still winning the halftime, at least?
Coog_aTm
On paper, he looked like a good hire.
NavyVetAg
AG
Where is Rally Bewbs? This camera man has a bad eye.
wbt5845
AG
We're lucky to only be down 11.

We have a shot, but we need to start taking advantage of 8 in the box somehow.
Dr. Teeth
AG
They didn't bring a band... so yeah, I guess.
jeffdjohnson
I'm not feeling super optimistic but... if A&M scores a touchdown on the opening drive I think we will win the game. I like the way the defense has been playing minus the one early explosive play.

I'm just not sure where the offense can even come from other than Mond. No playmakers at running back. Sketchy wide receivers. It's always something with this group. A bad play call here, a drop, a missed throw or a penalty. Just not explosive enough to overcome mistakes.
redjalapeno-87
The Ags have the momentum. We shut out Aubie in the 2nd quarter. We scored the last 3 points and get the ball to start 2nd half. Let's go!
JJxvi
AG
Also the dude that ran by like 10 guys like they were standing still for a 60 yard td or whatever has clearly been the best receiver on the field. Ausbon, maybe hes competing to be our best receiver today, but thats hardly praise

riverrataggie
AG
Dr Pepper now celebrates infidelity!?!?
MaroonStain
AG
YESSSS!
"Thanks and Gig'em"
TexasAggie81
Coog_aTm said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Coog_aTm said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Coog_aTm said:

So what is your solution? Put Calzada in ?

Why not? We aren't going to beat Georgia, Alabama, or LSU. Hell, we may not beat Ole Miss, Mississippi State or Arkansas.
oneeyedag
MaroonStain said:

I'm thinking Henson as a Turner replacement was a bad hire. He was OL coach at OkLite for one season?!?

Agreed! It was a major head scratcher, but hes probably a yes man. Turner OTH, probably butted heads a bit with fisher
Coog_aTm
I like Spiller's vision but he looks a half a step too slow. On some plays he was trying to run wide. Forget that, get up the field and at least get a yard or two.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.