Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How was the beer?

9,586 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by pinche gringo
Traveler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tell me more of this Black Water Draw ...

Any good? Worth picking up if I can find some?
Token
AG
it was good beer and larger cups than i thought! Lines were super long but the novelty will wear off towards the end of the season
zephyr88
AG
Who sets the prices Jerry Jones?
BlackBear1
AG
West side lines were really short. Most people around us had beer... it felt right.
bushytailed
AG
Traveler said:

Their Border Town (Mexican style lager) is good and their Contract Killer (coffee porter) is really good.
KidDoc
AG
Traveler said:

Black Water Draw is a Brazos Valley microbrew. They have a pub in Bryan now (used to be on NG) and have a good variety of beers. Personally I love their Border Town, Mulligan, Dammit Jim.

(I have no stock in their company just a local fan)

https://www.blackwaterbrew.com
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Token said:

it was good beer and larger cups than i thought! Lines were super long but the novelty will wear off towards the end of the season
Considering the novelty of beer has not worn off in the last 3000ish years I suspect it will still be busy at the end of the season.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
AG
Token said:

Ive heard this about the first. deck. LINES WERE SUPER LONG.

On the top decks it was nothing. came in the SE side and went out the NW side, all from the upper decks. You could get a beer at a moments notice up there the entire night. It was pretty awesome.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

TXAG 05
AG
zephyr88 said:

Must not go to many sporting events. That pricing is pretty standard
Azariah
AG
zephyr88 said:

There's a Planet Money podcast on stadium concessions. It's a good listen. Basically, the stadium people sell the rights for concessions to a single entity, Big Concessions (<- example name) for a set price. Then, Big Concessions shows up and sells their food at whatever they think will make the most money for them.

The Atlanta Falcons have actually experimented recently with lowering the prices drastically in an attempt to make it up in volume, and that's been a smashing success. Hopefully, other people fall in line. Even more hopefully, A&M eventually realizes that Pepsi is swill no matter how much money they're willing to pay, and they give the people what they want.
ssolari94
zephyr88
AG
Nah, I go to plenty... I just don't buy beers (the Cokes are already highway robbery).

But for a college game, I was expecting something less than $12 for a 16 oz beer. It's cool that they have choices, but I just don't need a beer that bad.
agsalaska
Pro Ag
AG
Why would anyone be surprised that something related to concessions was not good the first game of the season. These buffoons have had years after the remodel and there is always an issue somewhere.
Southlake
Sat in Sec. 340. SE corner.

Drank Ziggenbock. 20 oz. cup, 8 bucks.

Fresh and cold.

The world didn't end. Nobody died.

Hehateme1
I didn't swing by any of the stands. Did they have Shiner ?
agsalaska
AG
But it was good.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

Tex82
So now Kyle Field smells like the Dixie Chicken
pinche gringo
AG
NoahAg said:

I like beer, but man, I don't understand how people can "need" to drink so badly that they'll pay for a bud light.

Fixed it
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.