Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field built solo

24,334 Views | 87 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by agg15
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So...many...VOXELS!!!
Builder93
AG
Don't let my son near this. He loves TNT.
BigBrother
AG
Texas_Aggie_12 said:

What is this?
tstarnes1
AG
Would this guy let others into his minecraft world? My son would be there in a heartbeat. This is awesome.
tstarnes1
AG
agg15 said:

Here ya go TexAgs

I have been working on this off and on for over a year.
Still not 100% done, but it's ready for kick off tomorrow (today)...

It's as close to 1:1 as I can get.

Would you allow others to explore it? So amazing. Thanks for sharing.
mpaggie06
AG
black_hat_ag
agg15 said:

TamuLou said:

How many hours did this approx take?

I have no idea the complete amount of time I've put in so far... The outside stuff and most of the stands took me about 24 hours total I'd estimate
Going back to try to get the angles right in the corners, took me another 3-4 hours off and on over a week. Looking at pictures I took, looking at Google images. I had to redo the zone completely because it looked off... So that took 2-3 hours total probably.
The guts is what has taken me the longest. I didn't take pictures but there ARE ramps, stares, and escalators inside.
It took me probably 5-6 hours to get the Hall of Champions right.
This week I built the giant track&field and football practice "barns", and the Exterior of the Bright Football Complex (not photoed). Which took me 5 hours to complete the "barns" and Bright Football Complex.

I started building in 2014 if that helps?

Like I said it's been an on again off again project...

lol why would you waste so much time doing this??? We already know what the stadium looks like!!! Hahahahahaha wtf
"Go drink Lysol." - BallerStaf2003
chevy con queso
AG
This is a level of patience I will never achieve. I am ok with that.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand. -Milton Friedman

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such. -BenFiasco14
agg15
black_hat_ag said:

agg15 said:

TamuLou said:

I have no idea the complete amount of time I've put in so far... The outside stuff and most of the stands took me about 24 hours total I'd estimate
Going back to try to get the angles right in the corners, took me another 3-4 hours off and on over a week. Looking at pictures I took, looking at Google images. I had to redo the zone completely because it looked off... So that took 2-3 hours total probably.
The guts is what has taken me the longest. I didn't take pictures but there ARE ramps, stares, and escalators inside.
This week I built the giant track&field and football practice "barns", and the Exterior of the Bright Football Complex (not photoed). Which took me 5 hours to complete the "barns" and Bright Football Complex.

lol why would you waste so much time doing this??? We already know what the stadium looks like!!! Hahahahahaha wtf

#1 because I wanted to do it, and because it became something "more" to me.
#2 There were times when I convinced myself, like a crazy person, it's completion was tied to A&M football success... Which was the only way I was motivated to work on it sometimes.
A lot of times I would work on it after A&M lost, or I needed to just blow off steam and think about something else.
#3 I wanted to prove something to my self.

It sounds cheesy but the fact that it was hard, the fact that it was ridiculous to do, is why I did it....
SanAntoneAg
AG
How much did OP get paid to craft such a thing?
Gig 'em! '90
HtownAg92
AG
agg15 said:

black_hat_ag said:

agg15 said:

TamuLou said:

#1 because I wanted to do it, and because it became something "more" to me.
#2 There were times when I convinced myself, like a crazy person, it's completion was tied to A&M football success... Which was the only way I was motivated to work on it sometimes.
A lot of times I would work on it after A&M lost, or I needed to just blow off steam and think about something else.
#3 I wanted to prove something to my self.

It sounds cheesy but the fact that it was hard, the fact that it was ridiculous to do, is why I did it....
While I still think he plays it too much, I do not mind nearly as much when my son plays Minecraft because it allows for a lot of creativity, design, foresight, etc. He totally gets in a zone when he builds, which I bet is a similar outlet for you.

I get it.
agg15
SanAntoneAg said:

How much did OP get paid to craft such a thing?

$0
If people want to provide interior pictures of Kyle Field like the suites and stuff, that someone who sits on the 3rd Deck rarely gets to see and had a hard time figuring out, that would be cool... I mean, the suites and the open fourier area exists, but I have no clue as to their full accuracy beyond what I found on-line, and the 1 tour I took 2 years ago.

I just thought the Zoo and TexAgs would appreciate my apparent unhealthy pastime so I shared it with y'all, and I shared it with my friends who knew I've been working on it.
brandontyler
AG
Awesome! Is there anyway to get this server or download to our XBOX? Great job!
agg15
I'm thinking about it, I will definitely duplicate the map so my original doesn't get messed up/ looking like a TexAgs Farkoff...
FriscoKid
AG
Can you put this in the maroon craft.com project? I have no idea how Minecraft works.

Marooncraft has the entire campus, but your Kyle is probably better.
RingOfive
AG
So many virgins posting on this thread.

Get some action, guys.
Canyon99
AG
Yikes
TxAg2009WC
AG
rbcs_2 said:

I really don't understand what this is but I applaud the dedication.
Autism. The answer is autism.
Leander - Ag
AG
Nerd
aggiecouch
*psssssssssssssssssssssBOOM*
Rec
AG
Red Ass!
Pman17
AG
Attempted to build the entire campus 6 years ago. Couldn't get enough help.
Here's the highlights.

Server still live
http://marooncraft.com/
BBRex
AG
AggieChemist said:

If you think THIS is awesome, you should try getting laid!

Maybe he's married?
Cromagnum
AG
On a scale of 1 to Tim Burton, how autistic are you?
Hi, Im Brett
aglaes
AG
Now you just need to build the rest of the campus. Shouldn't take too long.
HelloUncleNateFitch
OP must be drowning in ladies.
T2Guns
Awesome job! I'm assuming you're done with it as completed as it looks, but if you'd like to use my haphazard version from a few years ago, here you go. I used precise measurements but scaled 1yd to 1m for obvious reasons.

Spyderman
AG
What is minecraft?
pbaldridge
black_hat_ag said:

Way to be that guy nobody likes...
Rydyn
AG

Throw some Nazis in there and you'd have a killer video game.
We live on a tax farm as free range humans.
TexAgs91
AG
Pman17 said:

Attempted to build the entire campus 6 years ago. Couldn't get enough help.
Here's the highlights.

Server still live
http://marooncraft.com/
pbaldridge
We are currently working with Kyle field on creating a complete virtual model of Kyle Field. No idea if you'll still be wanting anywhere near this thing when it's complete, but it would definitely help you fill in the detail on those areas you say you never get to see. I don't have the patience for minecraft, but my boys love it, nicely done.
Post removed:
by user
spacemanspiff
Hilarious. There's people with 35,000 and 58,000 posts on TexAgs telling OP he needs to get laid and get out more.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.