Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Demas Ruled Ineligible for Senior Year

29,071 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ashley
victory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The rule IS NEEDED and the right decision with Demas was made. Had he been ruled eligible at Tomball every suburban school would be recruiting innner city athletes with the promise of a better life.

I love this logic . . .it basically elevates the success of inner city athletic program over the needs of an individual and family.
No, his family is not moving. His mom and two younger siblings are staying in their current home. Why is it such a need to get Demas out of that environment but not the younger siblings? If the mom, his legal guardian, moved to Tomball with all her kids this would not be an issue.
cecil77
AG
If Demas' goal was to get into an Ivy, no one would care about his transfer. Shows the "deification" of football. It's both absurd and pathetic.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Did you let a dog post that for you?
Meximan
RG20 said:

Yes, that is certainly THE main issue. It's just too easy for kids to transfer without penalty. I'm quite surprised with this verdict. I personally think the transfer rules ought to be stricter...

Why is it even an issue? A whole industry of sports-centric private schools arose to develop players, and their academics aren't half bad, either. Let them be free agents, if their parents/guardians have the means and desire then why tf should we care. Your school pride is not worth their education or professional future.
1876er
AG
Meximan said:

RG20 said:

Yes, that is certainly THE main issue. It's just too easy for kids to transfer without penalty. I'm quite surprised with this verdict. I personally think the transfer rules ought to be stricter...

Why is it even an issue? A whole industry of sports-centric private schools arose to develop players, and their academics aren't half bad, either. Let them be free agents, if their parents/guardians have the means and desire then why tf should we care. Your school pride is not worth their education or professional future.

Why should they get special treatment in public schools just because they are good at passball? Why not let all students be free agents and just pick their schools?
cecil77
AG
Quote:

Why should they get special treatment in public schools just because they are good at passball? Why not let all students be free agents and just pick their schools?
Indeed, why not?
1876er
AG
cecil77 said:

Quote:

Indeed, why not?

Lol. Suburban parents don't want "those kids" at their schools.
JJxvi
AG
This isn't about keeping "those kids" out of school. There is nothing stopping Demas from attending Tomball anyway. All the rule does is keep him from playing football with his new classmates.
cecil77
AG
Which is just weird...
ashley
1876er said:

cecil77 said:

Quote:

Indeed, why not?

Lol. Suburban parents don't want "those kids" at their schools.

The UIL made the ruling, not anyone in Tomball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.