Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Schools you'd like to see A&M play - for non-football reasons

14,631 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Sumlins Pool Guy
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly,

I always wanted to see more SEC teams...Ha! How 'bout that!

There was a time when I would have missed playing Texas. The rivalry. The tradition.

They are a reputable team representing the great State of Texas.

But, I got what I wanted (like buying your dream car). We're playing the teams I've always hoped to schedule ooc or play in a bowl game-every year!

Everything else is now icing on the cake.

It was a sad day when Nebraska left the Big 12. I was bummed when the Buffaloes left.

I never thought I could live without an Aggie-Longhorn rivalry.

But, I honestly don't miss them. At all.

I want to beat Bama. I want to beat Auburn. I want to smash LSU in the mouth to the point where they don't want to play us anymore. I want to continue beating Arkansas and get a handle on the Mississippi schools. Florida. Georgia. Tennessee. Gosh damn! Look at those schools. And South Carolina? I followed you when you had the Ol' Ball Coach. I like playing and beating y'all (Sorry Kentucky, Vandy, and Mizzou-unless y'all are doing well I really don't give two ****s about playing you).

Tl;dr-there isn't a team I want to play more than those we are already playing in the SEC.
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
war hymn aggie
AG
I'd rather see us play some of our old SWC foes instead of scheduling Texas St, Lamar, UTSA, Abilene Christian, etc.
West Point Aggie
AG
You know it's a troll when OP does not show up again in the thread...you'd think sips would have better places to annoy!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Potcake
AG
fightinag said:

Ags4DaWin said:

replace these two hotties with dudes and it's tu !

Do you know how I know you're gay? How could you even think of longhorns seeing that pic?
oklacityag75
AG
In order to piss off tu royally, I would like to plat TCU and tech in alternating seasons.

Play one this year the other next year BUTall games must be at Kyle
GiveEmHellBill
AG
UNLV

Spend a couple of days on the strip, then catch an Aggie football game.
Ag 11
AG
I want to play Boise on the smurf turf
NyAggie
AG
Rutgers or penn st so I can go to the games
itsyourboypookie
Who's got the most sloots?
Bison
AG
NON-football? Then it's for the scenery and novelty, then?

1) BC
2) Washington
3) Wisconsin
4) Indiana (used to live across from the stadium in grad school)
5) Penn State

These are also places that are bearable in September and are home to Power Five schools. UNLV sounds nice, but a daytime game would be lousy, and many would prefer to spend the evening gambling or otherwise being entertained.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

UNLV sounds nice, but a daytime game would be lousy,

If only there was a giant air conditioned stadium being built right across from Mandalay Bay. That would make it not lousy.

Enjoy Bloomington.
Sbisa Chef
Utah St.

The Aggies vs. The Aggies.
Thanks and Gig'em!
gigem70
AG
I'd be up for a home and home series with just about anyone other than tu. I truly hope we never play them again other than possibly a bowl game.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Other Texas schools (both home and away) so we get even more in state games.

Rice
Houston
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
UTEP
UTSA
TCU
longhorns
North Texas
Texas State
ShouldastayedataTm
I would really like to see the military academies replace the Lamar, Tx State, etc. teams. even if it had to home and home, it would be worth it to schedule one of them every year. Cycle through all three stadiums over six years. The potential for a shared march-in would be cool.
West Point Aggie
AG
NyAggie said:

Rutgers or penn st so I can go to the games

I used to say that when I lived in NY...
Let’s Go Brandon!
P.C. Principal
fightintxaggie10 said:

Rice
Houston
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
UTEP
UTSA
TCU
longhorns
North Texas
Texas State
Not having as many in state games is the sacrifice we made in going to the SEC
West Point Aggie
AG
P.C. Principal said:

fightintxaggie10 said:

Rice
Houston
Baylor
TCU
Texas Tech
UTEP
UTSA
TCU
longhorns
North Texas
Texas State
Not having as many in state games is the sacrifice we made in going to the SEC

LOL
Let’s Go Brandon!
McInnis80
Just say not to playing any Texas school on a home and home. No need for use to play at a G5 school, and I could care less about playing a 50,000 seat stadium or ever going to Lubbock.

We play 8 games a year in Texas.

As for places I want to go:

Washington Beautiful setting
Wisconsin Great college town, lots of beer and fall is wonderful in Wisconsin.
Purdue I know it's in Indiana, but a true peer school,
Illinois Same as above.
Minnesota Great urban campus, land of 10,000 lakes
Michigan and Ohio State Two true blue bloods
Penn State College Station vs State College Ice Cream
Michigan State Texas Aggies vs Michigan Aggies
Nebraska There's no place else like Nebraska
USC The Coliseum We will not be playing Cal or UCLA anytime soon

Sorry, no Service academies. As long as they run the triple option, the time preparing for an offense you only see once a year does not help us. Navy has annual games with SMU and Houston, so this help the team and the Academy recruit Texas. Besides, I highly doubt we would play at West Point or Annapolis. I don't think Navy has ever played their home game against Notre Dame at their home stadium. I think this year the game is in Dublin. .
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Langenator said:

(And yes, we all want to play t.u.; just take that as a given.)

"Poor soul, he was just too high strung. I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
Rabid Cougar
AG
Langenator said:

The thread about the folks from Wazzou coming to visit, and people mis-reading and hoping games and been scheduled against WSU, got me thinking.

What are schools out there that folks would like to see the Aggies play, but for non-football related reasons? Interesting match ups on the field are easy - let's do this off the field.

I've got two:

1) Virginia Tech.

The Defense Department recognizes 6 schools as "Senior Military Colleges." 4 of these schools are dinky - VMI, The Citadel, Norwich, and North Georgia College. Only 2 play Division 1-A football (or FBS or whatever it's called).

Texas A&M is one. Virginia Tech is the other.

Home and home. Take as much of our Corps there as we can, and they bring as much of theirs here as they can.

2) Penn State

This also relates to the Corps, or at least part of it. Philadelphia is home to the oldest unit in the U.S. Army and the National Guard - First Troop, Philadelphia City Cavalry (aka, A Troop, 1st Squadron, 104th Cavalry Regiment), established in 1775. They actually still have horses, and still do old time cavalry drills with sabers and such on those horses. Oh, and their dress uniforms look like something out of the Napoleonic Wars.

Other than the uniforms, does that sound like a part of our Aggie Corps?

I'd love to see First Troop, or part of them, do the ride in with Parson's, maybe even get to do some horse drill training. And return the favor in a home and home, of course.

This one is a bit of a stretch, geographically speaking, since State College is 190 miles or so from Philly. If anyone knows of a good football school closer to Philly (no disrespect to Temple, but they'd get crushed, and what fun is that?), suggestions are welcome.

Alright folks, what would you like to see? (And yes, we all want to play t.u.; just take that as a given.)
Oldest combat unit in the United States Army is the 181st Infantry Regiment of the Massachusetts National Guard. Established in December1636 as one of four foot Regiments in the British Colonial Army.
Rabid Cougar
AG
NM
SW AG80
AG
Boston College. Would love a reason to go back to Boston.
rootube
AG
Bison said:

NON-football? Then it's for the scenery and novelty, then?

1) BC
2) Washington
3) Wisconsin
4) Indiana (used to live across from the stadium in grad school)
5) Penn State

These are also places that are bearable in September and are home to Power Five schools. UNLV sounds nice, but a daytime game would be lousy, and many would prefer to spend the evening gambling or otherwise being entertained.
If you are really looking for scenery I feel like you list is shooting a little low. It seems like Colorado, Utah, Miami, Hawaii etc would edge out Madison WI and State College PA.
Sumlins Pool Guy
Texas.

"Sorry gonna have to leave thanksgiving at your family's early, the games on"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.