Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Horns Down

32,309 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Cromagnum
AGinHI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4, West Point, Gunny, OlArmy

And every poster expressing the sentiment that we never play again

Blue stars, all y'all
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
LatinAggie1997
AG
Never again.

Unless, it's at Kyle, on the SECN, we keep all proceeds, and THEY MUST show horns down each time after a score (if they score).
Bottlehead90
AG
The bdf added a rule that only benefits one school!!!

Such a dumpster fire
Ag 11
AG
zachsccr
AG
Every team that plays them should install the horns down as an audible/play calling hand-sign.

Shoot. We should install it and still never play them.
Nino Brown
So it's going to depend who they're playing and the situation and interpretation by each official. That sounds fun....what a pathetic league.
hph6203
AG
rootube said:

Must Read Horns Down a Cultural Phenomenon

"If you can't throw the Horns Down, what can you do?" he said. "It's the most polite disrespect that you can do in the game of football. It's not a kick in the nuts."

-Barry Switzer

That wasn't Barry Switzer, it was Emmanuel Acho

Also, they didn't add a rule that only benefits the Longhorns it just benefits the Longhorns the most, because more people do Horns Down more than Guns Down (for example).

And yeah, anyone that wants a penalty or gets bent out of shape because of it is a giant titty baby.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
SEC shorts should make a video mocking the rule...I know it's not SEC specific but they've mocked the B1G before!
TexasRebel
AG
seriously though.

Make your mascot the Downhorns and watch the implosion.
NyAggie
AG
The big12 is such a joke of a league that 8 of its 9 other members put up with all the special treatment the sips are given because they have no choice but to stay in it because no other league will take them
papadoc
AG
I remember those *****s chanting poor aggies when they beat us. I guess that's ok
Agsuffering@bulaw
Even if we never see a horns down again, the WV quarterback got his money's worth!
Post removed:
by user
oklacityag75
AG

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Why wouldn't it also apply to cow players flashing the sign, either on the road or at home?

The whole this is millennial PC BS. It's a f'ing hand sign, not a throat slash, crotch grab, etc.

The fact it is even a topic is ridiculous and shows the pettiness of cow and how sheepish and weak the little 12 is. They should have just told cow to deal with it and it's not an issue for officiating and won't be a penalty (unless used in a taunting manner which is already covered anyway).

rokshox
AG
Never mind, already asked
HoustonAg2106
AG
If you read the article it sounds like this is only a penalty if your doing it in the face of another player and taunting them.
roygbell
HoustonAg2106 said:

If you read the article it sounds like this is only a penalty if your doing it in the face of another player and taunting them.
Finally, someone read the damn article. Have been watching this thread since the start. Someone suggested some OU fans ought to chime in and explain why we let it happen. I started to but then thought it would be more fun watching you aggies thrashing around and not having a clue as to what you were talking about.

You really have to understand how this mess all started on he hook'em sign penalty. On two separate plays in different times of the WVU game at Texas two players WVU players went out of their way to flash the upside down horns sign right in the face of the Texas players. That is how it all started.

It was a "taunting" foul by the officials. And, that is the explanation of the conference officials at this year's media days. It will be flagged when it is a done in an unsportsmanlike manner as in throwing it down in the face of the opposing team.

It isn't a big deal ... and finally someone actually read what the story and explained it correctly.
GSPag`
But the rule won't apply to LSU in Sept ????

Hmmmmmm. I wonder how this plays out during the game against the Swamp Kitties.
Bill Superman
AG
They know how to make themselves easy targets

Glad we finally grew out of that

/m\
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

$1000 says it doesn't stop there. I guarantee it.
Agsuffering@bulaw
The BDF made it a point of emphasis, simply becuase the sip coach whined about it. Sips say jump, BDF asks how high! That is what we are all discussing.

So, enjoy the next 93 years of eating their crap in their water-carrying conference!
Eike Mlko
roygbell said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Finally, someone read the damn article. Have been watching this thread since the start. Someone suggested some OU fans ought to chime in and explain why we let it happen. I started to but then thought it would be more fun watching you aggies thrashing around and not having a clue as to what you were talking about.

You really have to understand how this mess all started on he hook'em sign penalty. On two separate plays in different times of the WVU game at Texas two players WVU players went out of their way to flash the upside down horns sign right in the face of the Texas players. That is how it all started.

It was a "taunting" foul by the officials. And, that is the explanation of the conference officials at this year's media days. It will be flagged when it is a done in an unsportsmanlike manner as in throwing it down in the face of the opposing team.

It isn't a big deal ... and finally someone actually read what the story and explained it correctly.

Wow so you lurk here often?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Bear in mind ******bag Herman called for a taunting penalty on Will Grier when he extended the ball as he crossed the goal line to win the game in Austin. Mensa wanted a 15 yard penalty and for the down to be replayed from the 17 yard line.

What a f'ing *****. He can't even lose like a man. Of course cow fans and media did not take him to task over it.....
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Except you damn well know that if someone flashes the hand gesture even if NOT the face of the bleeding cooters or a bleeding cooter snow flake it will still be flagged...if you think otherwise then you simply just don't know!
BleacherRat
And this

MaroonMack
OlArmyWalton92 said:

The fact that they can get that made into a penalty is another reason we should never play them again. They have too much control over the referees.
unlike 'Bama...
dixichkn
AG
And maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't think Grier ever even taunted any sip players. He was doing it at the crowd. Therefore not a taunting penalty
geb83
AG
Quote:

I listened to "poor Aggies" from the tu faithful for years. However, I sure as hell was not going to spout off, call or write some people to complain in an effort to make it stop.

Think about the horns and their current meltdown over the "horns down" symbol. Seriously, how weak of constitution must you have to see something like that, makes you think that running to the league to claim that your feelings have been hurt and they need to make it stop, makes you and your university stronger in the eyes of others, much less yourself.

I wrote this in another thread, but I though it apropos here. . .

And to the tu sympathizer that claims this is simply a result of flashing it in opposing players and/or coaches faces, . . . crap son, there's already a penalty for that and it IS taunting. All teams deal with it and are penalized for it. No need to penalize and ban the symbol to punish the ones who legitimately taunt.. . . as mentioned, there's already a penalty for taunting.

It's just another example of tu fans, alumni, players, coaches and t-shirt tu-ers everywhere exhibiting their inherent arrogance, wishing . . . no, expecting to be treated differently and better, above all else.

It's honestly sad and pitiful if you step back and look at it.

randy828
AG
roygbell said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Holy crap. You should go back and verify before posting something so stupid. You have no friggin clue.

When WVU scores to make it 10-7. Tell me that horns down is in the face of a tu player.

Then the last play of the game when WVU scores on two point conversion to win the game...please point out to me which tu player is anywhere near the horns down?

Emilio Fantastico
AG
The funniest thing in all of this is roygbell is a swooner, on an Aggie board, defending sip.
dixichkn
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

The funniest thing in all of this is roygbell is a swooner, on an Aggie board, defending sip.
This. And clearly we don't know what we're talking about because those two horns down penalties were obviously "right in the face" of sip players

https://m.facebook.com/logged_out/watch/?video_id=346171489483577&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Ffoxsports%2Fvideos%2F346171489483577%2F&_rdr

Meth head has trouble comprehending what he sees. Must feel awesome being such a little b**ch for sippy that you're defending them on a non rival's board
Agsgirl
So, my two sons and hubby are sips. (I guess hubby dropped them on their head) but anyway #2 son mentioned to me this morning that he heard on some sports radio that tu was in the hunt for a national championship this year with their schedule. I was like wth? I said, the only non conference team yall play that's any good is LSU...If yall get by OU, and TT then, ya;ll might be mediocre. If we survive playing Clemson, Auburn, Arky, Alabama, Ole Piss, MS State, South Carolina, Georgia, AND LSU then maybe we can have a discussion.

But I forgot, Texas Is BACK-wards...
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Agsgirl said:

So, my two sons and hubby are sips. (I guess hubby dropped them on their head) but anyway #2 son mentioned to me this morning that he heard on some sports radio that tu was in the hunt for a national championship this year with their schedule. I was like wth? I said, the only non conference team yall play that's any good is LSU...If yall get by OU, and TT then, ya;ll might be mediocre. If we survive playing Clemson, Auburn, Arky, Alabama, Ole Piss, MS State, South Carolina, Georgia, AND LSU then maybe we can have a discussion.

But I forgot, Texas Is BACK-wards...

So you bring the brains and common sense to your whole family?
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Not really funny but rather pathetic/sad...
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.