Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Horns Down

32,323 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cromagnum
EKG1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
randy828 said:

roygbell said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

If you read the article it sounds like this is only a penalty if your doing it in the face of another player and taunting them.
Finally, someone read the damn article. Have been watching this thread since the start. Someone suggested some OU fans ought to chime in and explain why we let it happen. I started to but then thought it would be more fun watching you aggies thrashing around and not having a clue as to what you were talking about.

You really have to understand how this mess all started on he hook'em sign penalty. On two separate plays in different times of the WVU game at Texas two players WVU players went out of their way to flash the upside down horns sign right in the face of the Texas players. That is how it all started.

It was a "taunting" foul by the officials. And, that is the explanation of the conference officials at this year's media days. It will be flagged when it is a done in an unsportsmanlike manner as in throwing it down in the face of the opposing team.

It isn't a big deal ... and finally someone actually read what the story and explained it correctly.
Holy crap. You should go back and verify before posting something so stupid. You have no friggin clue.

When WVU scores to make it 10-7. Tell me that horns down is in the face of a tu player.

Then the last play of the game when WVU scores on two point conversion to win the game...please point out to me which tu player is anywhere near the horns down?

I hope so much that a horns down penalty impacts the Ou-tu game this year.
Charlie Moran
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:
The funniest thing in all of this is roygbell is a swooner, on an Aggie board, defending sip.

I would doubt the guy's a Sooner. My son goes to OU and I can vouch for the fact that their fans would never defend them and think they are arrogant, self absorbed overrated D bags. Kinda mirrors my opinion of them
TxAgPreacher
S
bunch of sissies
rootube
AG
roygbell said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

If you read the article it sounds like this is only a penalty if your doing it in the face of another player and taunting them.
Finally, someone read the damn article. Have been watching this thread since the start. Someone suggested some OU fans ought to chime in and explain why we let it happen. I started to but then thought it would be more fun watching you aggies thrashing around and not having a clue as to what you were talking about.

You really have to understand how this mess all started on he hook'em sign penalty. On two separate plays in different times of the WVU game at Texas two players WVU players went out of their way to flash the upside down horns sign right in the face of the Texas players. That is how it all started.

It was a "taunting" foul by the officials. And, that is the explanation of the conference officials at this year's media days. It will be flagged when it is a done in an unsportsmanlike manner as in throwing it down in the face of the opposing team.

It isn't a big deal ... and finally someone actually read what the story and explained it correctly.
If you read the guidance from the officials they say that the only way you can guarantee not getting a flag is if you do it when you get back to your own bench. I would also add that you have likely never played football if you consider this the height of taunting. Again, we all need to be reminded by none other than Emanuel Acho a former Longhorn.

"If you can't throw the Horns Down, what can you do?" he said. "It's the most polite disrespect that you can do in the game of football. It's not a kick in the nuts."

There is an insane amount of taunting going on out there that does not include a hand gesture that nobody cares about because the F-Bombs and the comments about the opponents mother does not make it into the broadcast. Why do we have to single out a harmless hand gesture as the most egregious example? It is the rivalry that makes these games significant. Let's not try to sanitize it to the point where nobody is offended and eventually nobody cares.
BleacherRat
Gig 'em!
Post removed:
by user
BleacherRat

Baker Mayfield calls Horns Down rule 'soft

Story
Gig 'em!
TexanJeff
AG
DD88 said:

Perhaps the Sips are moving up on the Intersectionality Victimhood Scale.

Prayer U?

There really should be some kind of law against a group like this calling themselves a "University".

From Wikipedia: PragerU is not a university, nor is it an academic institution.[3] It does not hold classes, and does not grant certifications or diplomas and is not accredited by any recognized body.[4]

They should call it "Right Wing Theories and Talking points Video Productions" if we are being honest.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You can talk more trash in women's soccer than in the Big 12.

Legally making fun of tea sippers

Illegally making fun of tea sippers

BleacherRat

And from the DMN,

Some great Horns Down action by Mayfield...

Story
Gig 'em!
atm86
AG
LewP said:

West Point Aggie said:

LewP said:

I want to go on record of mentioning that I have a *cough cough* brother-in-law that is the biggest tea sipper in north America. I won't even join the family for Thanksgiving because of him. I hate the man so much, I wouldn't piss down his throat if his guts were on fire.

I will go out of my way to give the horns down sign, every chance I get.

How does your sister feel about this...just curious!
My wife's sister, (my sister-in-law) thinks the rivalry is stupid and doesn't understand it.
Well, there isn't a rivalry...
BoxingAg84

Emilio Fantastico
AG
Charlie Moran said:

Emilio Fantastico said:
The funniest thing in all of this is roygbell is a swooner, on an Aggie board, defending sip.

I would doubt the guy's a Sooner. My son goes to OU and I can vouch for the fact that their fans would never defend them and think they are arrogant, self absorbed overrated D bags. Kinda mirrors my opinion of them

Go look at his posting history. Every comment is on a Kyler thread or something related to OU. He even said he was an "OU fan" in one comment which probably means a T-shirt fan. But, my first point stands.
DGAG92
AG
Do the coon asses know this is a penalty yet?
Class of 1992
Post removed:
by user
Coastieag82
If form holds it will be SEC refs on the field, Big 12(base 8) in the replay booth. So the question is can the replay official make the call? I think not but it would be wonderful if he tried,
Nino Brown
Are they gonna flag the home team if all the crowd does it too? Sad times in this country.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
That WV-tu replay makes me happy.
maroon skidmarks
agracer
AG
TexanJeff said:

DD88 said:

Perhaps the Sips are moving up on the Intersectionality Victimhood Scale.

Prayer U?

There really should be some kind of law against a group like this calling themselves a "University".

From Wikipedia: PragerU is not a university, nor is it an academic institution.[3] It does not hold classes, and does not grant certifications or diplomas and is not accredited by any recognized body.[4]

They should call it "Right Wing Theories and Talking points Common Sense Video Productions" if we are being honest.
FIFY
double aught
AG
My thoughts on horns down and the horns in general:

IPA4Me
This was by far the most blatant call to try to help Texas get into a national championship game. The worse call ever. I can still see Mac Brown spitting at the ref. to throw the flag. The ref. did and Kansas got screwed in much the same was A&M got it in the last game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=243182305
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
maroon skidmarks said:

This outta get some panties in a bunch!

That must be why Herman is having to get all of his recruits from out of state.
theunknownsoldier
me and some buddies went to the TAMU vs tu baseball game last season and did horns down when we beat the sips, some crazy lady almost got arrested for pushing my friend and yelling at us for being bad sports. great show of class in Austin
BleacherRat
Update*******

Incredible!!!!!

Gig 'em!
aggiehawg
AG
Good grief!
texag84
AG
V-Gines
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
Sissies
AgEng06
AG
That tweet may be fake news.... just fyi.
EKG1996
AG
LewP said:

Update*******

Incredible!!!!!

Would be funny but I doubt there is any truth to this
HoustonAg2106
AG
LewP said:

Update*******

Incredible!!!!!

That is just some OU fan tweeting this, that isn't being reported or confirmed anywhere else.

Edit: Pretty funny though.
aggiehawg
AG
AgEng06 said:

That tweet may be fake news.... just fyi.
Problem is, even if fake news, it is just so believable because of who they are.
BleacherRat
HoustonAg2106 said:

LewP said:

Update*******

Incredible!!!!!

That is just some OU fan tweeting this, that isn't being reported or confirmed anywhere else.

Edit: Pretty funny though.
Thanks for letting me know. Never mind then.
Gig 'em!
Cromagnum
AG
So that's what triggered that little kid in the stands

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.